• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park: The Stick of Truth |OT| Bigger, Longer, and Uncut (In select regions)

I'm curious to see how the console versions look and play. I've got the grand wizard edition on PS3 pre-ordered! Need me that Cartman Wizard statue.

Why can't I preload this?! >.>; DAMMIT STEAM LET ME DOWNLOAD IT!

I saw the drama about the ROW keys....I guess my copy isn't an ROW (though i did get it for cheap) because it doesn't have that designation in my Steam account details (like, say, Spec Ops: The Line does or...there was something else I purchased from GMG that had ROw on it too). Do I need to worry?

(I mean, the game is already redeemed, so I guess I'm good anyway.)

I'm really betting/hoping we see a big focus on lampooning popular or classic games, the direction of modern gaming, gaming culture in general, etc throughout the story. We know Matt and Trey have been playing games for a long time; they probably have a lot to say, and nowhere else to really say it

adj_noun

I'm really betting/hoping we see a big focus on lampooning popular games, the direction of modern gaming, gaming culture in general, etc throughout the story. We know Matt and Trey have been playing games for a long time; they probably have a lot to say, and nowhere else to really say it

And the player! I fully expect to get personally mocked while playing. :)

-MD-

I honestly don't see the point in even having any character class other than
Jew
. Nobody will use them.

I'm going Thief.

Switching subjects, yesterday a poster said the main story was roughly 16-18 hours long anyone know how much time side quests add and if bumping up the difficulty would extend the game at all?

Almighty

So I noticed Nuuvem is selling this for 43.00 right now through my Enhanced Steam extension on chrome. Nuuvem is a portueguese site. Can I purchase this game there and link it to my North American steam account? Seems to good to be true.

I believe you can as i am pretty sure it is ROW, but I am not entirely sure. Probably best to ask in the steam thread someone in there would know for sure.

Clydefrog

I wonder if I can have a conversation with the Marklar.

The Marklar would be Marklar! Just think of the Marklar and then the Marklar with other Marklars.

You know, this game is releasing 2014, but it really takes me back. It feels like I'm back in elementary school or something. It feels so fantastically oldschool where it's just taking the best of the best from so many things that I enjoy. As much as this is a game that pays the ultimate respect to the show South Park, it's every bit as much a game that pays the ultimate respect to classic videogames, and not just one kind, either. For one there's the obvious turn based RPG gameplay mechanics that really don't require much explanation, but another kind of very old game that this reminds me of is a game I loved to death for the Sega Genesis, which was the Beavis and Butthead game.

tickets.jpg

It was the one where they managed to get their hands on tickets to this big concert for some band named Gwar? I'm not a big follower of that type of music, so I'm not entirely certain of the name, but the premise was that they ended up losing the tickets, a series of unfortunate events transpired, and the tickets would ultimately end up being torn to various pieces and sent flying to different parts of town for you to find. This game was so awesome. Maybe it's because I was so young that I maybe remember it differently, but I remember it having a really nice challenge, and some pretty clever puzzle elements. It was, for the time, about as perfect a Beavis and Butthead game as you could hope for, really.

I thought it, too, like this South Park game just totally nailed the overall look and feel of the show it was portraying, and it's one of those games that you'll rarely see people talk about or even mention, but it's definitely one of my favorite oldschool games. Some very fond memories of that game. When I look at this South Park game, I'm reminded a great deal of what I loved so much about that Beavis and Butthead game, except this looks like it's taking all of that to a whole other level entirely. So, they're two very different shows and they aren't exactly the same kind of game, but even so I still feel they share strong similarities, which is why I totally see this South Park game as a bit of an unofficial spiritual successor to that old genesis game based on Beavis and Butthead. It literally feels like it could have been made by the same group of people, and it wouldn't surprise me a bit if I ended up learning that some of the folks working on this game also worked on that Beavis and Butthead game, as long a shot as that may be..

In fact, here's a video of that game https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1t5MVMrlrPA

Anyone remember this game, or how good it was? I remember the first time I solved the puzzle at that fast food restaurant where they worked. I think I literally picked up a rat that I found in some dumpster out back and deep fried it with some dude's fries or something and sold it to him lol.

I notice a lot of people compare this to paper mario, but if anyone remembers that Beavis and Butthead game on the Sega Genesis, it becomes so easy to make a connection between that game and Stick of Truth.

Another screen.

beavis-and-butt-head-05.png

You know, this game is releasing 2014, but it really takes me back. It feels like I'm back in elementary school or something. It feels so fantastically oldschool where it's just taking the best of the best from so many things that I enjoy. As much as this is a game that pays the ultimate respect to the show South Park, it's every bit as much a game that pays the ultimate respect to classic videogames, and not just one kind, either. For one there's the obvious turn based RPG gameplay mechanics that really don't require much explanation, but another kind of very old game that this reminds me of is a game I loved to death for the Sega Genesis, which was the Beavis and Butthead game.

It was the one where they managed to get their hands on tickets to this big concert for some band named Gwar? I'm not a big follower of that type of music, so I'm not entirely certain of the name, but the premise was that they ended up losing the tickets, a series of unfortunate events transpired, and the tickets would ultimately end up being torn to various pieces and sent flying to different parts of town for you to find. This game was so awesome. Maybe it's because I was so young that I maybe remember it differently, but I remember it having a really nice challenge, and some pretty clever puzzle elements. It was, for the time, about as perfect a Beavis and Butthead game as you could hope for, really.

I thought it, too, like this South Park game just totally nailed the overall look and feel of the show it was portraying, and it's one of those games that you'll rarely see people talk about or even mention, but it's definitely one of my favorite oldschool games. Some very fond memories of that game. When I look at this South Park game, I'm reminded a great deal of what I loved so much about that Beavis and Butthead game, except this looks like it's taking all of that to a whole other level entirely. So, they're two very different shows and they aren't exactly the same kind of game, but even so I still feel they share strong similarities, which is why I totally see this South Park game as a bit of an unofficial spiritual successor to that old genesis game based on Beavis and Butthead. It literally feels like it could have been made by the same group of people, and it wouldn't surprise me a bit if I ended up learning that some of the folks working on this game also worked on that Beavis and Butthead game, as long a shot as that may be..

Anyone remember this game, or how good it was? I remember the first time I solved the puzzle at that fast food restaurant where they worked. I think I literally picked up a rat that I found in some dumpster out back and deep fried it with some dude's fries or something and sold it to him lol.

I notice a lot of people compare this to paper mario, but if anyone remembers that Beavis and Butthead game on the Sega Genesis, it becomes so easy to make a connection between that game and Stick of Truth.

Another screen.

You missed out on Gwar?

Need some Linux Penguin Attack!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScA7vDC2u10

You missed out on Gwar?

Need some Linux Penguin Attack!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScA7vDC2u10

Haha, it's funny, I didn't actually start liking those those moments when they watched the music videos till I got a bit older. I use to always say to myself "Come on, hurry up and get back to the cartoon!" I think you could even create customized weapons to help improve your chances in the various levels. From the moment I saw this game I kept trying to put my finger on exactly what besides the turn based rpg elements made it feel so incredibly nostalgic, and then it finally hit me that it reminds me of that awesome beavis and butthead game from the genesis days.

lmao, that looks one crazy band. :p

luffeN

I thought only the console versions were censored? Went to Steam (Austria) and saw this: Low Violence: Low Violence Version

Too bad I guess.

Edit: vvvv Thanks, that I can live with.

Top Bottom