• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park: The Stick of Truth |OT| Bigger, Longer, and Uncut (In select regions)

DukeBobby

I'll be doing 4 playthroughs of this anyway, so it doesn't really matter what I choose.

I'm still going with Thief for my first playthrough, though.

This was one of my favorite Genesis games. It nailed the complete look and feel of the show and completely curb stomped the SNES version. Way more of adventure puzzle game similar to the classic Lucasarts adventures of the mid 90s. Such a great fucking game.

Man, if Stick of Truth is giving you those vibes then I am going to be cumming bricks while playing it most likely.

Have you or anyone else played the PC Beavis & Butthead game Virtual Stupidity? That was a point and click adventure game and it was awesome. Probably the first game that felt like I was playing an episode of a show. You could even sit on the couch and watch a Gwar video of Saddam A GoGo complete with B&B commentary and cutaways. The goal of the game was to join Todd's gang. Might need to play through that again before South Park hits.

Milennia

So far, like 85% of the people i have seen mention it, arent rolling jew on their first playthrough.
A lot of people have a comfort zone class when it comes to rpgs etc. or at least i assume so from what i have seen over the years.

Mine has always been the mage.

Andrew.

Banned
Have you or anyone else played the PC Beavis & Butthead game Virtual Stupidity? That was a point and click adventure game and it was awesome. Probably the first game that felt like I was playing an episode of a show. You could even sit on the couch and watch a Gwar video of Saddam A GoGo complete with B&B commentary and cutaways. The goal of the game was to join Todd's gang. Might need to play through that again before South Park hits.

I remember Virtual Stupidity (almost got it confused with The Simpsons: Virtual Springfield) but I never played it. Sounds like it wouldve been right up my alley though. Back then I wasnt allowed to watch Beavis so there was no chance in hell I wouldve been allowed to get the PC game. It was bad enough I had to sneak in the Genesis title and play it either while Mama Dukes was at work or asleep.

Finalow

The 6"-7" vinyl Kidrobot designer toys usually cost around €40-€60 (or more for a limited edition one), so €100 for a €60 game and the toy isn't that expensive tbh.
uh, what? That cartman af costs around €10 and the game around €40 (at least on amazon.uk/.it), so I don't really see how that is not expensive.

Milennia

uh, what? That cartman af costs around €10 and the game around €40 (at least on amazon.uk/.it), so I don't really see how that is not expensive.

Are you talking about the 3" or the 6"?
Because there is a 3" thats sold separately and the 6" is exclusive to the collectors.

graywolf323

it won't let me preload :-/ it says update required but I'm on the beta client and I even tried restarting Steam with no success

edit: had steam check for client updates and it says I'm up to date

edit 2: opting out and back into the beta client didn't fix it either >_<

Sublyminal

Neo Member
i cant BELIEVE there are countries out there censoring videogames in 2014. jesus christ.

Australia and the EU have always been sticklers about that. But they don't mind nudity on TV.... The US may be prudish but at least they don't ban and censor our games here... and I can name one game that really probably needed it lol... Manhunt.

Sublyminal

Neo Member
To be fair, it's a marketing decision. And the swastikas are a legal issue, in movies it's OK, but not in games.

Thing about the Swatstika though is that it's actually a religious symbol for one of the Hindu Gods. People just love putting it in the same category as Hitler and his Nazi regime.

-MD-

Sorry im just jumping into this thread. Anyone know when the review embargo will be lifted? I wanna hear some impressions.

March 4th, forgot exact time.

There are plenty of impressions already floating around worth a read though, pretty much everything said about this game has been glowing so far.

Grief.exe

I probably won't even bother pre-loading. I have a test on Wednesday I need to study for so I will just download the game sometime during the day and play after I'm done with the test.

Sublyminal

Neo Member
I probably won't even bother pre-loading. I have a test on Wednesday I need to study for so I will just download the game sometime during the day and play after I'm done with the test.

I gotta work Tuesday night and have a test on Weds as well.. but damn it, I'm pre-loading lol.

Top Bottom