• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park: The Stick of Truth |OT| Bigger, Longer, and Uncut (In select regions)

As we know, the story of The Stick of Truth is based on four specific episodes of South Park. The episodes are as follows - 6.13, 17.7, 17.8 and 17.9.

Tonight I'll be watching the first one, tomorrow the next etc. leading up to the game's release on Tuesday.

Who's with me?

-MD-

I didn't know who Pewdiepie was up until about a month ago, now I hear his name on a daily basis.

I want to go back to not knowing he existed.

He is but, he seems to be the only one showing any types of reviews he says he's only allowed to show those 4 parts. It was mainly his vid that got me to pre-orders.

This is true, he has some solid footage of the game.

Milennia

As we know, the story of The Stick of Truth is based on four specific episodes of South Park. The episodes are as follows - 6.13, 17.7, 17.8 and 17.9.

Tonight I'll be watching the first one, tomorrow the next etc. leading up to the game's release on Tuesday.

Who's with me?

I just sat down and saw them all the other day lol.

Aporia88

Neo Member
Have any of y'all who got advanced copies finished it yet? Interested to know if there is any further word on main quest/overall playtime.

Finalow

-
Who's with me?
I didn't even know that.
I'm just going to watch 6.13 again since I remember pretty well those episodes from the last season.

-MD-

Have any of y'all who got advanced copies finished it yet? Interested to know if there is any further word on main quest/overall playtime.

A few days ago a poster said it took him 16-18 hours to complete the main story, he said he had tons of sidequests still to do.

I keep asking for updates from all the people playing the game already but nobody has since chimed in. I'd like to know how much time side quests add.

Sublyminal

Neo Member
A few days ago a poster said it took him 16-18 hours to complete the main story, he said he had tons of sidequests still to do.

I keep asking for updates from all the people playing the game already but nobody has since chimed in. I'd like to know how much time side quests add.

I've heard 30+ hours. is total play time. I'm hoping it's true.

erawsd

There was a guy on reddit that backed up the 16-18hrs. He did say it'll be worth replaying since there are " different decisions". He posted some screens, so he seems legit.

Well a lot of us who are playing already aren't able to talk about it much until Tuesday. :p

Is there anyone here pre-ordering from Gamestop uninterested in using the Super Spaceman Samurai pack code? I want the Grand Wizard Ultimate edition, but they already closed preorders for it, so I'll be preordering it from Amazon instead, though the pack is a GS exclusive.

ieatzombies

I was thinking about rolling the jew class first, but, I generally prefer mage class. Wondering if when I pick up my preorder from best buy if they upgrade to wizard edition.
On a side note, That beavis and butthead genesis version was my love for a while! I'm definitely getting those vibes as well.

ampere

Honestly it could be a 15-20 hour game and I wouldn't mind, provided it is a funny and fun experience. Paper Mario is about that length and awesome.

I'm getting more and more hyped by the day.

so upset I have to get my wisdom teeth pulled on tuesday...completely forgot about this when I made the appointment

Play it the rest of the week while you recover!

Milennia

Damn i was way too late to pre order the wizard edition.

I had it on amazon forever but deleted ot because i thought it would be readily available and wanted it in store.
Looks like gamestop and bestbuy are out.
Oh well, i could probably find it at some random target.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I didn't know who Pewdiepie was up until about a month ago, now I hear his name on a daily basis.

I want to go back to not knowing he existed.

This is true, he has some solid footage of the game.

I'd never heard of him until the first Stick of Truth vid he did. I too wish I could go back to not knowing he existed. It was a simpler time. A quieter, less annoying time.

I'm 6 hours in and I feel lke the real story is just starting to kick in. Been doing side stuff and exploration as well. I'll let you know my progress over the weekend.

Anyone know how the console versions supposedly are? My ps3 is broken so I'd have to get 360, just worried that all the great looking footage is pc only or that the 360 might have some bad compression of cutscenes (is it only 1 disc?).

Couldn't resist. I'm in and all preloaded up. Gonna be down to -2 overnight, this will make freezing myself until Tuesday very easy. So excited.

Damn i was way too late to pre order the wizard edition.

I had it on amazon forever but deleted ot because i thought it would be readily available and wanted it in store.
Looks like gamestop and bestbuy are out.
Oh well, i could probably find it at some random target.

That sucks I hope you can find it somewhere! I've had my Grand Wizard edition preordered since like October from Amazon.This is the first time I've ever bought a special edition of a game. Well I also got the WWHD one but it was just $5 more.

Edit:
I do what I can...:D.granted it limited and whatnot due to embargo, but at this rate I should be able to provide a good video review for you all come release date.

Who do you review for?

Edit 2: NM I looked at your profile and see you that you have your own site. Looking forward to your review! Do you know what time on the 4th you will release it?

Aces&Eights

Man, I am super excited for this. My problem is inFamous drops 2.5 weeks later. I'm of the sort if I'm all into a game it's hard to put it aside. But, there is no way I can not play inFamous. Also, I have to decide if I will wait and see on a ps4 version of Dark Souls 2. What in the Hell do I do?

Anyone know how the console versions supposedly are? My ps3 is broken so I'd have to get 360, just worried that all the great looking footage is pc only or that the 360 might have some bad compression of cutscenes (is it only 1 disc?).

Considering Obsidian's track record, it will probably perform better on the 360 than PS3...of course the PC version will be the best, but do you really wanna be hunched over a keyboard with this game? Everything about it screams potato chips and comfy couch to me.

-MD-

Man, I am super excited for this. My problem is inFamous drops 2.5 weeks later. I'm of the sort if I'm all into a game it's hard to put it aside. But, there is no way I can not play inFamous. Also, I have to decide if I will wait and see on a ps4 version of Dark Souls 2. What in the Hell do I do?

Just remember how bad the end of Infamous 2 was, that'll quell your thirst for playing the new one.

MMaRsu

Considering Obsidian's track record, it will probably perform better on the 360 than PS3...of course the PC version will be the best, but do you really wanna be hunched over a keyboard with this game? Everything about it screams potato chips and comfy couch to me.

Lol such bullshit. My pc is hooked up to my hdtv and a 360 controller for gaming. Comfy couch + best performance

jschreier

Who's with me?
By all means watch the LOTR episode because it's amazing, but nah, it's got nothing to do with this story. The Black Friday ones lead up to this, but you definitely don't need to watch them. (Though you should, because they are also amazing.)

Milennia

That sucks I hope you can find it somewhere! I've had my Grand Wizard edition preordered since like October from Amazon.This is the first time I've ever bought a special edition of a game. Well I also got the WWHD one but it was just $5 more.

Edit:

Who do you review for?

Edit 2: NM I looked at your profile and see you that you have your own site. Looking forward to your review! Do you know what time on the 4th you will release it?

Nvm just went to bestbuy amd i preordered it just fine, it was their site that wasmt allowing me too :p
Woot.

Hard to miss out on a 6" replica of the best character in t.v. History.
(Eat it heisenberg)

Top Bottom