• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park: The Stick of Truth |OT| Bigger, Longer, and Uncut (In select regions)

My review is written and edited. I'm all ready to go for Tuesday, I'll post a link to my review here when the embargo breaks in case you guys want to read it. No spoilers.

My review is written and edited. I'm all ready to go for Tuesday, I'll post a link to my review here when the embargo breaks in case you guys want to read it. No spoilers.

That's great! I did the same for my video review. I really don't show anything significant, which sucks but honestly... this is an experience best saved not spoiled at all. Look forward to reading it.

That's great! I did the same for my video review. I really don't show anything significant, which sucks but honestly... this is an experience best saved not spoiled at all. Look forward to reading it.

Yeah, those were my thoughts on it as well. I will definitely be watching your review as well.

So looking forward to this. I don't watch South Park religiously anymore but back in the day it was my favourite thing ever and I was totally obsessed with it for a good few years.

I happened to be flicking through the channels one Saturday night back in 1997 before I even knew the show existed. I caught most of the first episode, and it blew my (11 year old) mind... It was the craziest, most hilarious thing I'd ever seen at that point and I couldn't believe it was even allowed to be shown on TV, at like 8:30pm no less. It was on a channel called SBS which mostly shows obscure foreign films, overseas news etc so that made it even more mindblowing to me.

6 months later, everyone was watching it and I always felt kind of 'cool' for knowing about the show before most people did (in Australia at least...)

I really want to play the uncensored version so am going to download it from the US psn. Last year, I was living at my parent's house so I'd often download games from psn as it was more convenient than buying hard copies, but now I live alone with just a usb modem so will have to take my console over to their house on Wednesday and let it download then pick it up maybe the next day (even if it's only 5-6gb it would take several hours and I don't want to stay there that long...)

Does anyone know what the download size might be on PSN? If so, please let me know - thanks!

d0c_zaius

dunno if anyone asked, but can someone give a quick list of good south park episodes to watch to get primed for the game? I haven't seen an episode since the WoW one.

SLESS

So looking forward to this. I don't watch South Park religiously anymore but back in the day it was my favourite thing ever and I was totally obsessed with it for a good few years.

I happened to be flicking through the channels one Saturday night back in 1997 before I even knew the show existed. I caught most of the first episode, and it blew my (11 year old) mind... It was the craziest, most hilarious thing I'd ever seen at that point and I couldn't believe it was even allowed to be shown on TV, at like 8:30pm no less. It was on a channel called SBS which mostly shows obscure foreign films, overseas news etc so that made it even more mindblowing to me.

6 months later, everyone was watching it and I always felt kind of 'cool' for knowing about the show before most people did (in Australia at least...)

I really want to play the uncensored version so am going to download it from the US psn. Last year, I was living at my parent's house so I'd often download games from psn as it was more convenient than buying hard copies, but now I live alone with just a usb modem so will have to take my console over to their house on Wednesday and let it download then pick it up maybe the next day (even if it's only 5-6gb it would take several hours and I don't want to stay there that long...)

Does anyone know what the download size might be on PSN? If so, please let me know - thanks!

I think it is 3.9GB

So, we still have no idea if DLC is a thing for this game, right?

I hope so. Finally completed the game tonight and I'm there day one for anything else they want to put out. I have a feeling I know where the dlc would take place after finishing, but I'll leave that until more people finish the game.

I made a video about beating the game and poking fun at embargo. I won't post it here but for those interested and know me. You know where to go :p

-MD-

I hope so. Finally completed the game tonight and I'm there day one for anything else they want to put out. I have a feeling I know where the dlc would take place after finishing, but I'll leave that until more people finish the game.

What did your playtime clock in at, also what difficulty?

-MD-

Final playthrough time according to my save file 15:56:32 on normal difficulty:)

HDdHa.gif

Megasoum

Banned
So now that a ton of people a streaming it, do we know what those omnious tweets were about? I want to stay away from the stream for obvious spoiler reasons but people must know by now...

So just some observations about the game after completing it. This isn't a review, or impressions really. This is just stuff I didn't see in the final game that was shown prior. If so, looks like indeed stuff got cut OR... DLC in the future.

Watch this trailer. http://youtu.be/T7F4bPwBWQw?t=1m3s A few things not in the final game. Crab people fight. Satan bear attacking, The kid coming out of the ground at City Hall. Also a few scenes I've seen like here in pictures. (It seems to be that all these areas it's night time and perhaps and entire segment got cut? )

*edit* let me fix the links to the pictures.

This castle area... never saw it.

Yb4lXQj.jpg

These gingers in a dark forest.... never saw it.

m1B0eD3.jpg

These goths in the graveyard. Nope didn't see it.

aM2ZqDr.jpg

Ecto311

15 hr sounds awesome to me. I dig some RPGs and it looks like I could get this one done before titanfall. Will be nice to not have a 30 - 40 hr monster to slog through and have fun. Never dug long games, or any media (books, music, movies, live shows) actually. There always feels like there is filler.

If you didnt find any of that funny then you're gonna have a bad tiiime

The humour is likely to be the same

This has concerned me as well as I thought that trilogy was a snooze fest. I love South Park, I've probably rewatched older episodes more than any other show and yet my skepticism for the quality of yucks in the game comes from their output over the past few seasons. The last one they did I thought was good was the one where butters is thrown into therapy for supposed multiple personality disorder. The last season with the best quality per episode for me was 10. /shrugs I'll probably still love it for the novelty and fan service alone but am really hoping that particular trilogy isn't indicative of the general style and quality of writing throughout.

netguy503

So just some observations about the game after completing it. This isn't a review, or impressions really. This is just stuff I didn't see in the final game that was shown prior. If so, looks like indeed stuff got cut OR... DLC in the future.

Watch this trailer. http://youtu.be/T7F4bPwBWQw?t=1m3s A few things not in the final game. Crab people fight. Satan bear attacking, The kid coming out of the ground at City Hall. Also a few scenes I've seen like here in pictures. (It seems to be that all these areas it's night time and perhaps and entire segment got cut? )

*edit* let me fix the links to the pictures.

This castle area... never saw it.

Yb4lXQj.jpg

These gingers in a dark forest.... never saw it.

m1B0eD3.jpg

These goths in the graveyard. Nope didn't see it.

aM2ZqDr.jpg

No crab people and no satan bear? No sale.

Eusis

Man, it figures that once I want to see some South Park it's not on Netflix. Movie aside anyway.

Was this done way back, or is it a recent thing? And I'm left wondering if the intent's to drive people to the site.

ieatzombies

Man, it figures that once I want to see some South Park it's not on Netflix. Movie aside anyway.

Was this done way back, or is it a recent thing? And I'm left wondering if the intent's to drive people to the site.
This was done a while ago when netflix got rid of a good amount of movies and shows. If you have hulu, south park seasons are still there.

Top Bottom