• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park: The Stick of Truth |OT| Bigger, Longer, and Uncut (In select regions)

DoctorZ

I've had this preordered for a while, but when dark on it on purpose so forgive me if this is already well known.

But are all 3 versions technically identical? I plan to get the PS3 version, but just want to be sure I get the best version since I have all 3 available to me.

erawsd

I've had this preordered for a while, but when dark on it on purpose so forgive me if this is already well known.

But are all 3 versions technically identical? I plan to get the PS3 version, but just want to be sure I get the best version since I have all 3 available to me.

I don't think there is any hard data.

However, comparing Pewdiepie's PC stream to the console versions that people are streaming it def looks like the Xbox/PS3 versions seem to have a bit of slow down while running around town and the load times between fights is noticeably longer. Plus the PC game is cheaper.

-MD-

Think I'm going with this for my first playthrough.

lFoqlWS.png

Somethin' like that, need to understand the game's mechanics to fully decide.

DoctorZ

I don't think there is any hard data.

However, comparing Pewdiepie's PC stream to the console versions that people are streaming it def looks like the Xbox/PS3 versions seem to have a bit of slow down while running around town and the load times between fights is noticeably longer. Plus the PC game is cheaper.

Hmm, I haven't seen any video so I'll take your word on that. What is noticeably longer? I wonder if the PSN version would have better load times.

Its more of a preference between playing it on my TV or on my monitor. I usually will move my PC if I want to play games on the TV, but with Titanfall coming out I'll be keeping my PC at my desk for KB/M.

erawsd

Hmm, I haven't seen any video so I'll take your word on that. What is noticeably longer? I wonder if the PSN version would have better load times.

Its more of a preference between playing it on my TV or on my monitor. I usually will move my PC if I want to play games on the TV, but with Titanfall coming out I'll be keeping my PC at my desk for KB/M.

When you initiate battle there is a ~3sec load on the PS3/Xbox. Nothing huge but noticeable.

Any news on when GMG are sending out codes?

On the website the status message switched from 'Game Keys will be sent when the game is released' (not exact text) to "No keys available for this game." Which has me worried they might be back ordered.

Hopefully they get more in by the end of the day. Has anyone received their key from GMG?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
It's not one small scene. It's seven scenes of about 20 seconds length each + a minigame.

Not making a good case here lol. 7x20 = barely over two minutes of scenes and one MINI-GAME.

Definitely not worth the extra $20~ IMO too.

So, EU folks unlocking it tomorrow?

How would one go about doing this? And is it likely to result in my Steam account being locked? :p

DoctorZ

When you initiate battle there is a ~3sec load on the PS3/Xbox. Nothing huge but noticeable.

Yeah, I seeked out a few PS3 videos. It is fairly long on PS3 compared to PC.

I hope the PSN version would be faster, but I doubt it would be a lot faster.

Not making a good case here lol. 7x20 = barely over two minutes of scenes and one MINI-GAME.

Well, actually it's cheaper to import this game than to buy it here in the Netherlands...

I was gonna import the game, but the hassle buying the upcoming DLC on US PSN and waiting for an extra week it's just not worth it. So I'll cope with those ridiculous 'censored' screens.

Bedlam

Sizeable cuts in my opinion.

And for me it's actually about 25% cheaper to buy the game with $ instead of €.

Mendrox

Nobody should buy the german version. I don't know exactly what they censored, but if they censored the Nazi stuff, then you won't be able to understand the game.

Spoiler for the game and the censored stuff, nothing bad:

Nazi Zombies of every kind invade South Park. They salute and quote Hitlers speeches, yes, even rats.

Even the other scenes aren't worth it in the censored version. Yes these scenes are short, but too funny and also have gameplay in them, really funny gameplay.

Top Bottom