• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park: The Stick of Truth |OT| Bigger, Longer, and Uncut (In select regions)

Don't really care to use that on sites trying to monetize fairly without being obnoxious, and for free South Park it's doubly justified anyway.

I disable it for sites I use a lot, like GAF for example. But I'm just pointing out that the commercials aren't all that hard to get around if it really bothered you.

kingslunk

All this drama and worry about the game after having played the entire thing just seems weird to me. Like I want to say something, but I can't, but I'm chuckling here. So since it's ok to post cryptic things on twitter about the game and make people worry but not say on a forum, etc. Here is my tweet.

iH0Kpqn.png

How long is the game?

winstano

My review will be hitting with all the others tomorrow... All I'll say is that I'm a huge South Park fan and this was a hugely anticipated game for me.

Watching a stream of the game its hilarious, i should stop watching soon. Love all the references to even the earliest seasons.

When does the embargo end?

Pudge

Every time I see this game, I just can't get over how PERFECT it looks. It's the show with button prompts. My mind can't comprehend it. Maybe it's just my traumatic memories from the N64 days, but I'm just hyped to watch this game.

SnakeEyes

Banned
So just some observations about the game after completing it. This isn't a review, or impressions really. This is just stuff I didn't see in the final game that was shown prior. If so, looks like indeed stuff got cut OR... DLC in the future.

Watch this trailer. http://youtu.be/T7F4bPwBWQw?t=1m3s A few things not in the final game. Crab people fight. Satan bear attacking, The kid coming out of the ground at City Hall. Also a few scenes I've seen like here in pictures. (It seems to be that all these areas it's night time and perhaps and entire segment got cut? )

*edit* let me fix the links to the pictures.

This castle area... never saw it.

Yb4lXQj.jpg

These gingers in a dark forest.... never saw it.

m1B0eD3.jpg

These goths in the graveyard. Nope didn't see it.

aM2ZqDr.jpg
It's Ubisoft, so.....

DLC.

Sendou

You know I'm so tempted to pre-order a retail physical copy just because it's an interesting Ubisoft PC game without uPlay and that's a cause worth supporting. Yet I can't help but feel that there's always a chance something gets uncovered tomorrow.

I wonder how easily the game will actually to be mod (especially thinking about fan patching here although maybe it's a bit early indeed).

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The problem is that even if a game leaks publishers can't just flip a switch and unlock the digital versions as they have relationships with distributors and retailers to maintain. Valve found itself in this very situation when it planned to unlock Portal 2 the Friday before release for those who'd followed every step of the ARG, but EA, who Valve partners with for retail distribution, got its kickers in a twist and instead the unlock date was pushed back until Monday, resulting in the clearly-rigged GLaDOS@Home mess.

Grief.exe

You know I'm so tempted to pre-order a retail physical copy just because it's an interesting Ubisoft PC game without uPlay and that's a cause worth supporting. Yet I can't help but feel that there's always a chance something gets uncovered tomorrow.

I wonder how easily the game will actually to be mod (especially thinking about fan patching here although maybe it's a bit early indeed).

Ubisoft doesn't force Uplay on its '3rd party' partners such as Obsidian or Techland.

In how many hours does the game can be played in America on PC?

~34 hours.

Looks like 10 AM Pacific time on Tuesday.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Whats the best way to get uncensored version for pc in AU? Will gifting from a US account work?

Yes, with Steam games the version you receive depends on the version you activate. You can buy a key for $41 from the site Visualante linked to above (https://www.gamekeysnow.com/keys/South-Park:-The-Stick-of-Truth), but as they're retail keys they're unlikely to come with the pre-order bonus pack. If you'd prefer the guarantee of a pre-order key, you can buy the game from Nuuvem for an additional ~$1.70.

Edit: Do note that you may be required to use a VPN to activate a retail key pertaining to the uncensored version of the game. Spotflux is free and US-based. Using a VPN is technically against the SSA but to date there are no verified or reputable reports of Valve taking issue with people using one to just activate a key or unlock a game early; indeed, myself and many other GAFers have used VPNs for these purposes many times over the years and haven't encountered any trouble whatsoever (the most recent example would be Thi4f, which first unlocked in some Asian countries).

Having the game gifted through Steam means you avoid the possibility of needing to use a VPN, but then you're paying $60 + PayPal fees.

So I worked out that I ordered this on PC from GamePointsNow in the UK – does anyone know when they typically send codes for pre-loads? That sight doesn’t seem to have accounts per se..

So just some observations about the game after completing it. This isn't a review, or impressions really. This is just stuff I didn't see in the final game that was shown prior. If so, looks like indeed stuff got cut OR... DLC in the future.

Watch this trailer. http://youtu.be/T7F4bPwBWQw?t=1m3s A few things not in the final game. Crab people fight. Satan bear attacking, The kid coming out of the ground at City Hall. Also a few scenes I've seen like here in pictures. (It seems to be that all these areas it's night time and perhaps and entire segment got cut? )

These goths in the graveyard. Nope didn't see it.

aM2ZqDr.jpg

They are not Goth they are douchebag vamp kids!
God!

Goth_Kids.png

If anyone is on the fence about the game has 360,or PS3: Redbox will have the game Tuesday moring :) 10 bucks for a week rental? why not!?

edit:14 bucks without coupon

*edit* let me fix the links to the pictures.

This castle area... never saw it.

Honestly I imagine this game has had alot of development problems from THQ's downfall, Matt and Trey's OCD, Obsidian's OCD, and Ubisoft's OCD. I'm sure things were rocky. Hopefully this doesn't end up like La Noire's cut content, and we see it release in some form one day. All in all I'm happy the game is turning out as well as it seems to be.

Darklord

Banned
I'm just going to buy the censored version. As much as I hate it one small scene isn't worth waiting a week and an extra $20-30.

Top Bottom