• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park: The Stick of Truth |OT| Bigger, Longer, and Uncut (In select regions)

Peagles

Got my key from GMG (apparently for pre-load) but...

Steam said:
Not Available.
Sorry, but the following items are not available for purchase in this country. Your purchase has been cancelled.

Perfectly viewable on our Steam store though so... I dunno.

:(

zinder

Would anyone recommend this for someone who generally never seen/watched South Park? Seems like a lot of people are biting into this just because of the franchise, but will I enjoy this if I only look for a good RPG experience?

That is the reality right now, Im sure Ubisoft is worried about that as well. Which would explain the release day embargoes on, what is amounting to, quite a quality title.
Certain institutions have picked up the politically correct sword recently for some reason.

Not all media has to be black and white, truly compelling media is more gray. See: Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, Escape from Butcher Bay, House of Cards, etc.
My point is, not every piece of media should conform to a particular set of morale standards.

248378-G1.jpg

waiting for the hypocrisy.

rjinaz

Don't think you can be a female character. Wouldn't really work in South Park.

You're the typical unnamed character in these types of RPGs, but they play it up nicely.

Yeah what he said, unfortunately not. The boys and girls of South Park don't really play with each other except on the rare occasion. Being it is the boys that are playing the game, the girls would not be around.

I think it would have been cool to have another class called the "girl" class in which you had to be a girl and they get their own set of skills/weapons/etc and they spend the game being ridiculed by the boys.

Stainless

probably gonna bite on this even though I've never played a jrpg or anything with turn-based combat. It's always either been shooters, platformers or WRPG's, so hopefully it's not too difficult for this douchebag

vehn

Just beat it, 15 hours and I did a good amount of exploring. Only thing left to do really is collectibles like chinpokomon and outfits. Fun game though!

Would anyone recommend this for someone who generally never seen/watched South Park? Seems like a lot of people are biting into this just because of the franchise, but will I enjoy this if I only look for a good RPG experience?

South Park humour can be very polarizing. Maybe watch the episodes mentioned in this article and decide if the humour is for you. If you don't like South Park, there's a very good chance that this game is not for you, regardless of quality.

probably gonna bite on this even though I've never played a jrpg or anything with turn-based combat. It's always either been shooters, platformers or WRPG's, so hopefully it's not too difficult for this douchebag

I've played turn based games before, but can't say I'm a big fan.

This is in my Steam library though!

Heck, maybe it'll be a catalyst for me to try out a new genre even further!

I was looking at one of those recommended South Park episodes lists. I watched an episode I haven't seen before, it was called "Breast Cancer Show Ever." It was about Wendy wanting to fight Cartman, for him making fun of her topic. I was nearly in tears throughout the episode, holy moly. This has got to be one of my favorite episodes. I think this is the third time that Cartman has gotten into a fight with someone, he always grinds peoples gears.

I can't wait to see if Wendy does anything in this game. Cartman is a main character, so I'm already expecting good things from him. I really need to stop watching South Park episodes until this game comes out. Can't have too much South Park in one week.

adj_noun

I was looking at one of those recommended South Park episodes lists. I watched an episode I haven't seen before, it was called "Breast Cancer Show Ever." It was about Wendy wanting to fight Cartman, for him making fun of her topic. I was nearly in tears throughout the episode, holy moly. This has got to be one of my favorite episodes. I think this is the third time that Cartman has gotten into a fight with someone, he always grinds peoples gears.

I can't wait to see if Wendy does anything in this game. Cartman is a main character, so I'm already expecting good things from him.

Press X to Boo Wendy Testaburger

"X"

Boo, Wendy Testaburger. Boo.

I can't wait to see if Wendy does anything in this game. Cartman is a main character, so I'm already expecting good things from him. I really need to stop watching South Park episodes until this game comes out. Can't have too much South Park in one week.

I've been marathonning South Park all weekend, man there are some seriously amazing episodes in there. I'm still partial to Fishsticks, and the last episode of the season with Kayne was great too :D

Top Bottom