• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park: The Stick of Truth |OT| Bigger, Longer, and Uncut (In select regions)

pilferk

Neo Member
Here is the single most important question:

Does one of the classes get the Ro Sham Bo ability and, if so, which one.

Because that is the class that must be played. By everyone. To win life.

:)

Here is the single most important question:

Does one of the classes get the Ro Sham Bo ability and, if so, which one.

Because that is the class that must be played. By everyone. To win life.

:)

warrior does if my memory serves me right. You do the three pounds with yuor fist like a game and then, BAM kick to the nuts.

pilferk

Neo Member
Yeah what he said, unfortunately not. The boys and girls of South Park don't really play with each other except on the rare occasion. Being it is the boys that are playing the game, the girls would not be around.

Well...except the princess. ;)

Cheech

It worked for me! Glad I checked my email before buying it on gamefly. $45.00! :)

Glad it worked for ya - I was wrong about it being locked to the account, BTW. It seems to be the same for everybody. My buddy got it to work, but it's still not working for me. IDK.

KCE1U6-JJ96XO-IR5W7L

Glad it worked for ya - I was wrong about it being locked to the account, BTW. It seems to be the same for everybody. My buddy got it to work, but it's still not working for me. IDK.

KCE1U6-JJ96XO-IR5W7L

My code was different. (VRW14X-M2YVEU-B0C9OT) So IDK. They might not be tied to account but could be simply one-time use.

Petrie

Banned
Do you think this game will be as good as Chrono Trigger?

I think from a standpoint of the game removing and story being solid throughout, absolutely.

I'm 12 hours in. I don't have to hypothesize. The game is great and made better by having the type of quality given to side quests and such that a game like Chrono had.

It's tough to compare given the tone and goals of each though.

This game very much runs the risk of ending too early.

You guys can keep hammering on this, but as it goes: always leave them wanting more.

Petrie

Banned
Or maybe a 15 hour interactive episode of South Park is a better way to look at it.

People are way too attached to this $$$/Time equation with RPGs. It's maddening.

With this one in particular. They don't have to establish any characters or anything. It's a franchise where they can just start balls to the walls and go from there.

Am I the only one who doesn't want an 80 hour JRPG from this game? Just play the first thirty hours and then it gets good... who the hell has time for that?

Petrie

Banned
Am I the only one who doesn't want an 80 hour JRPG from this game? Just play the first thirty hours and then it gets good... who the hell has time for that?

The die-hards seem to have a hard-on for that sort of thing. The rest of us seem to know that Matt and Trey aren't going to pull that nonsense.

Exactly! I have school/work/girlfriend/gym shit all going on, I don't have time to sink 80 hours into a game when only half is worth playing. At 15 hours I know i'll finish this game and that makes me happy.

I've been marathonning South Park all weekend, man there are some seriously amazing episodes in there. I'm still partial to Fishsticks, and the last episode of the season with Kayne was great too :D

When Kanye tells the story about The Little Hobbit was the best part.

"Hold up, (sniffle) h-hold up, I'm sorry."

rjinaz

People are way too attached to this $$$/Time equation with RPGs. It's maddening.

With this one in particular. They don't have to establish any characters or anything. It's a franchise where they can just start balls to the walls and go from there.

That's a really good point. I didn't think about that. Most RPGs spend a significant time at the start introducing and then building on characters. It's not needed here, they can pretty much jump right in.

Petrie

Banned
That's a really good point. I didn't think about that. Most RPGs spend a significant time at the start introducing and then building on characters. It's not needed here, they can pretty much jump right in.

That's the part that has me so confused. Like did people want them to spend 10 hours getting us into the setting and establishing who Cartman is? I sure as hell don't. If you don't already know these characters, what the hell are you doing playing this?

In fact doing so would likely kill a lot of jokes.

Dr.Acula

Banned
I love Final Fantasy games, but if I really think about it, they probably only have 15 hours of content themselves. How much of the game is long dungeons, and leveling up? The main diff between FFVI and CT was that CT didn't have overworld encounters, and that probably removes several hours in itself.

If SP is tight with not a lot of filler, then the playtime is fine.

SnakeEyes

Banned
I want Towlie, ManBearPig and the alien taco that shits ice cream in the game
You'll get at least 2 out of 3. I've seen Towlie in the game and there's an Al Gore sidequest involving ManBearPig.
And that's just what I've seen from the guy who was streaming it through Twitch yesterday

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Going to hold off until they release a version for next gen consoles. Something tells me they'll do this.

I'm not entirely sure what benefits - other than 60FPS - you could get. The game looks amazing on PS3. Other than increased resolution, not really getting what they could have squeezed out of this game.

I am willing to bet - in terms of size - this is one of the smaller last-gen games out there.

Local game store had 360 and PS3 versions on display but no PC version in sight. Plenty of other recent PC games were available, Lords of Shadow 2 for instance. Disappointing.

I'm one of those people who just walks out if I can't find what I'm looking for generally. Will get it online instead.

is there any review embargo count timer?

t1393920000z4.png

Top Bottom