• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park: The Stick of Truth |OT| Bigger, Longer, and Uncut (In select regions)

Luomo

Neo Member
So I am not sure if this can be answered or if anyone has it, but will PS4 controller work naturally for this on PC? It works on some games, not others and I would rather not have To download something to allow x input.

adj_noun

omg is it tuesday yet?

YES!!!! :D

No. :(

Well just got a email from Ubisoft. Apparently some youtubers broke video review embargo for SP. They said they know it's frustrating but they appreciate me upholding the embargo for review and in doing so they are basically reevaluating who they send early copies too. DAMMNNNNNNNNN!!!!!

"Please know that your promise to uphold our embargo did not go unnoticed, especially as we consider sending early copies of more upcoming titles."

Embargo cops are a real thing! :O

OK, i played for about 3 hours now.

My god.

This is the south park game i have been waiting all my life. It really looks like you´re playing an episode of the show. It´s funny as shit. The battle system is fun (it´s no bravely default but still a pretty good rpg battle system).

I´ve been mainly doing side stuff and running around looking for stuff. The town is packed of details. So many cool characters and easter eggs to find.

If you like south park, this is the game.

Gotta go back playing.

i know it mostly depends on location, but does anyone have any experience with renting games from redbox at midnight? i asked on their chat if they for sure would have it at midnight in outdoor locations. They did not know

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
i know it mostly depends on location, but does anyone have any experience with renting games from redbox at midnight? i asked on their chat if they for sure would have it at midnight in outdoor locations. They did not know

You can always check the stock levels on redbox.com

Valkrai

It mostly depends on location but I'm pretty sure they don't do it at midnight, maybe later on launch day.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Wrong. Game features Steam Region Locking™. Copies purchased in Brazil can only be played in most of Latin America.

The region-lock notice on South American store pages is due to the gifting/trading restriction, which only affects gift copies bought in South America and Eastern Europe. It has absolutely no bearing on retail keys; in fact, the notice is actually incorrect:

Notice: Purchases made in Brazil are only playable in Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Bahamas, Belize, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Guatemala, Guyana, Honduras, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru, Paraguay, Suriname, El Salvador, Uruguay and Venezuela.

Yes, gift copies bought in South America are region-locked to South America, but only at the activation level, not the runtime level; South America shares the rest-of-world sub and it lacks the onlyallowrunincountries flag.

Eusis

Alright thanks. I'll pay the extra $12 to not have to deal with Obsidian's console incompetence. Hopefully the PC version has no issues with the dualshock 4
I think the new software having the option to turn off DS4 detection (as in detecting it as a DirectInput controller I think) fixed that for the problem games actually.

Wrong. Game features Steam Region Locking™. Copies purchased in Brazil can only be played in most of Latin America.

Yes. No need to concern yourself with a VPN.

This should probably be cleared up. I'm okay because I had some store credit at hastings and grabbed it from there for like $40, but everyone else putting in last minute orders should know if it's safe.

Edit: Oh cool, good to know that it's safe, considering that nuuvem is seeming like the best deal for north american players, and seems like a great price for the game. Thanks JaseC! :)

shandy706

The region-lock notice on South American store pages is due to the gifting/trading restriction, which only affects gift copies bought in South America and Eastern Europe. It has absolutely no bearing on retail keys.

Are we 100% sure of this? I'm hovering over the pay button....I will hunt you down if I waste $42. LOL

pilferk

Neo Member
Likewise. Got my order from amazon PS3 Wizard edition coming tomorrow supposedly.!

Last 3 games I've had coming on release date have shipped about 7pm the day prior, overnight shipping. I think they've been burned too many times with early deliveries breaking street date, especially for thse relatively close to distribution centers (which is quickly becoming pretty much everyone).

Ogimachi

The region-lock notice on South American store pages is due to the gifting/trading restriction, which only affects gift copies bought in South America and Eastern Europe. It has absolutely no bearing on retail keys.
Well, I wouldn't take any chances. There's even a warning in the Nuuvem page saying the game is region locked. Retail copies will be released in Brazil only on 03/28, by the way.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
im so glad that in 2014 (that is two thousand and fourteen) I have bought a videogame digitally on my PC, I have it pre-loaded ready to play, other people will be playing said game I purchased and have already installed, and I have to arbitrarily wait 2 more days because of what I assume is the console release date in europe... anyway, good times

Luomo

Neo Member
I think the new software having the option to turn off DS4 detection (as in detecting it as a DirectInput controller I think) fixed that for the problem games actually.
Could you please clarify this? I really don't want to have to download any software to get my ds4 to work with steam. Right now controller works fine for psychonauts, but skyrim no luck

pilferk

Neo Member
im so glad that in 2014 (that is two thousand and fourteen) I have bought a videogame digitally on my PC, I have it pre-loaded ready to play, other people will be playing said game I purchased and have already installed, and I have to arbitrarily wait 2 more days because of what I assume is the console release date in europe... anyway, good times

Welcome to the global marketplace! :)

I think an earlier poster said it best "Damn it Butters!"

To which I'd like to add "Blame Canada!"

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Well, I wouldn't take any chances. There's even a warning in the Nuuvem page saying the game is region locked. Retail copies will be released in Brazil only on 03/28, by the way.

Nuuvem is just covering its arse. There was a bit of fiasco last year with Saints Row 4 as Deep Silver region-locked the game in Brazil, which lead to international customers getting keys rather late as Nuuvem had to wait on Deep Silver to send through rest-of-world ones. There are only a few region-locked South Parks subs and they pertain to:

- Germany and Austria (no Nazi references)
- Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Singapore and Taiwan (no anal probe scene and whatever else Ubi pre-emptively censored)
- Eastern Europe (uncensored but nonetheless locked due to the game being far cheaper)

Every other region, including Brazil but excluding the Middle-east, shares the rest-of-world sub.

I just bought it, but I've got no idea how to find my Steam code. Everything in portguese

I don't think Nuuvem has received keys yet. Just keep an eye on your games page and click the South Park image when it pops up.

Dr Dogg

I just bought it, but I've got no idea how to find my Steam code. Everything in portguese

They've not released their keys yet should be tomorrow. It will be on your games page and it will be the second blue info box next to the product picture. An easy way to view the page is through Chrome as it's got Translate built in these days.

tmarg

Wait so they won't send the people that broke it games in the future anymore? Wow :eek:

They probably wouldn't, but I think the problem was either a pirated version or a retailer that broke street date, not broken embargoes.

There were about a dozen streams of the game starting yesterday morning on no-name twitch channels that wouldn't have gotten a review copy in the first place.

Some youtube guy is breaking embargo right now, he has 7 episodes of a walkthrough up already and doesn't seem to care.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DanQ8000

Apparently Ubisoft sent an email to content creators talking about some people breaking embargo, real dick move as it hurts everyone then

Two reviews have been set to private now, not sure if he will get dinged or not. Guess time will tell. Yes it sucks for those that stand by the embargo though.

Eusis

Could you please clarify this? I really don't want to have to download any software to get my ds4 to work with steam. Right now controller works fine for psychonauts, but skyrim no luck
DS4 to Xinput Wrapper. To get it working with most modern games you'll need this, the DS4 is seen as a DirectInput controller by default (the old, non Xbox standard) but with this you can make it seen as either Xinput or DirectInput, and you'll probably need that for games like this. It's not that hard to use though, so I wouldn't worry too much.

Damn, I've never bought a game on Steam before it came out, was hoping it would unlock at Midnight PST or something :(

We need some of that Midnight EST Sony has done for digital releases. Being able to do that for Left Behind on the West Coast was quite nice :)

I don't really understand the need to push it to 10 AM PST, seems a bit odd why it's not midnight.

I don't think Nuuvem has received keys yet. Just keep an eye on your games page and click the South Park image when it pops up.

ok cool, thanks.

I'm getting a new(ish) PC tomorrow so I was gonna be a cheapo and just work on the tons of Steam games I own but I can't resist South Park. Can't believe GMG isn't doing anything for US tbh.

Top Bottom