• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park: The Stick of Truth |OT| Bigger, Longer, and Uncut (In select regions)

I also don't know how reliable it is but on the Steam forums many users are saying that Ubisoft games always unlock in the afternoon on the day of release...

Grief.exe

I don't get it. My Steam is NA and I've never used any kind of VPN or anything to access another store.. so why would the unlock time it's showing me be for another region?

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do I need to do anything? My server for downloads are set in Miami on steam if that matters.

Are you all showing 19 hours on the east coast too? Sorry my hype is blinding me to the truth.

Also sorry UK guys you always have to deal with this shit, not fair!

whatwhatwhatwhatwhatwhatwhatwhat

grief don't toy with me I NEED TO KNOW IF THIS IS TRUE SINCE IT SAYS 19 FOR ME TOO

Steam only sets one unlock time to go off of. If it is a staggered unlock, such as this, it can confuse some people.

Ubisoft employee released the unlock information. Same confusion happened with RE4 the other day.

FirstPlayer posted:
Good source.
So the specific unlock times are set by the developers rather than Valve having a standard 'games unlock at midnight on the release date?' Also I'm going to echo everyone else and say thanks a ton for the info.

Well, it's a conversation you have with Valve but it's mainly up to you, as long as they have the technical capability. Like I think you can only do a couple territorial unlocks, not like one for every time zone ever. For this one there's three: London Midnight for Europe, Sydney Midnight for Australia and New York Midnight for North/South America.

Steam only sets one unlock time to go off of. If it is a staggered unlock, such as this, it can confuse some people.

Ubisoft employee released the unlock information. Same confusion happened with RE4 the other day.
Oh man, awesome! Obsidian also says it here, so if this goes live at midnight... gonna be losing a lot of sleep. :p

I've got a long-ass day tomorrow. Think I'll preorder and pre-load this tonight then play on Wednesday.

Feel bad for you guys looking to play at midnight tonight!

Hate to be that guy, but I'm disappointed there isn't a skin tone between tanned and Token black. I'm not that dark and I'm not that light lol

Edit: Lmao @ my glasses giving me -2 charisma

I would understand that if that's what was happening but if you look at the quote it doesn't match up.

Well, it's a conversation you have with Valve but it's mainly up to you, as long as they have the technical capability. Like I think you can only do a couple territorial unlocks, not like one for every time zone ever. For this one there's three: London Midnight for Europe, Sydney Midnight for Australia and New York Midnight for North/South America.

He's saying there are 3 regional release times and lists those places and times. If he were correct, that would mean that for North America, the game would unlock at the following times: 9pm PST (Mar. 3rd), 10pm MST, 11pm CST, 12am EST (Mar. 4th).

However I live in EST (same time zone as New York) so Steams listed unlock time should match up with 12am my time. It doesn't. It equates to 1pm EST on the 4th my time.

Hate to be that guy, but I'm disappointed there isn't a skin tone between tanned and Token black. I'm not that dark and I'm not that light lol

I'm going for an utterly ridiculous character I think.

I usually play it very safe when it comes to character creation (Mr. Generic) for some reason, but South Park seems like it'd lend itself well to some weird looking character.

Interested to see how creative you can get, actually.

Anyone able to share info about replayability - is there scope for future play throughs beyond minor things? I rarely replay games, so it's not a massive deal if not.

RPGCrazied

I doubt it, but I hope imaginationland is the the game, or at least some of the characters. Probably my favorite set of episodes.

Grief.exe

I would understand that if that's what was happening but if you look at the quote it doesn't match up.

He's saying there are 3 regional release times and lists those places and times. If he were correct, that would mean that for North America, the game would unlock at the following times: 9pm PST (Mar. 3rd), 10pm MST, 11pm CST, 12am EST (Mar. 4th).

However I live in EST (same time zone as New York) so Steams listed unlock time should match up with 12am my time. It doesn't. It equates to 1pm EST on the 4th my time.

Again, Steam sometimes only sets one unlock time for the entire world. That time shown on the page matches up with another regions unlock time.

This can cause confusion.

Freki

I doubt it, but I hope imaginationland is the the game, or at least some of the characters. Probably my favorite set of episodes.

"Hey! I know! Let's all pee in her empty eye socket! "
"Let's make her eat her own eyeball, and then pee in her empty eyesocket."
"How about we get someone with AIDS to pee in her eyesocket, so she dies all slowlike?"

Again, Steam only sets one unlock time for the entire world. That time shown on the page matches up with another regions unlock time.

I thought of that and couldn't find a corresponding timezone's midnight, but I'm not a whiz at world clock conversion either...

The steam unlock text just changed as well. For me at least. Just 5 hours!

Yup.. seeing your post I refreshed and my clock went from 18 hours to 5 hours now. Sweet!

Ferny

#HAPPENING

Yeah, I forgot you can't reason with SP. :(

2530058-ijfsxpexd7crt.gif

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Nooooooooooooooo...
my PC "broke" yesterday :(

When to boot it and it keeps giving me some fucking error message before booting:
" disk read error occurred; Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart" and I can't seem to be able to fix it?
I'm gonna cry if I have to reinstall everything that wasvon my 1TB HDD with all my HTPC "tricks" (full non-downsampled bitstreaming via analog audio outs for example) which took me hours upon hours to properly set-up, lost all my lossless FLAC/DTSHD MA music, have to buy a new HDD *AND* can't play my copy of South Park.

Fuck it :/

Mal'ice

Neo Member
Nooooooooooooooo...
my PC "broke" yesterday :(

When to boot it and it keeps giving me some fucking error message before booting:
" disk read error occurred; Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart" and I can't seem to be able to fix it?
I'm gonna cry if I have to reinstall everything that wasvon my 1TB HDD with all my HTPC "tricks" (full non-downsampled bitstreaming via analog audio outs for example) which took me hours upon hours to properly set-up, lost all my lossless FLAC/DTSHD MA music, have to buy a new HDD *AND* can't play my copy of South Park.

Fuck it :/

Make sure you don<t have anything else plugged in the pc (USB stick, external HD, ect.). Also, try to get into the bios (DEL during boot) and see if the HD is listed.

So I left this really late, but: is the Black Friday trilogy (or whatever the episodes are that lead into this) mandatory watching? Because if so, I'm gonna have to find a way to watch those tonight!

OK, I'll bite... why? The cartoon is a jittery mess. It's the one time an uneven frame rate might enhance the experience.

Because since their goal was to make it look like the show, I want the framerate to reflect that. If the framerate is at 60, it'll stand out to me. I'm usually all for 60fps in games, but I think this is the one time I don't want it.

Paskil

Pretty excited to go to work tomorrow. The sooner tomorrow is done, the sooner I get home at 3:30 with that bad boy waiting on my door step.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
I thought of that and couldn't find a corresponding timezone's midnight, but I'm not a whiz at world clock conversion either...

Yup.. seeing your post I refreshed and my clock went from 18 hours to 5 hours now. Sweet!

It was counting down to 1pm PST, when the steam strore updates.

epmode

So the game releases before the embargo is up.

That makes sense.

Everyone that posted positive impressions, as soon as the game is unlocked:

"FOOLED YOU"

Pre-orders in general are pretty shit. Pre-orders with a review embargo are even worse. ..and yet I caved for the 25% discount. I am so ashamed of myself, GAF.

Top Bottom