• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park: The Stick of Truth |OT| Bigger, Longer, and Uncut (In select regions)

Luomo

Neo Member
DS4 to Xinput Wrapper. To get it working with most modern games you'll need this, the DS4 is seen as a DirectInput controller by default (the old, non Xbox standard) but with this you can make it seen as either Xinput or DirectInput, and you'll probably need that for games like this. It's not that hard to use though, so I wouldn't worry too much.
Thank you. Do I need to download all of those files that are attached or are just the newest version

Eusis

We need some of that Midnight EST Sony has done for digital releases. Being able to do that for Left Behind on the West Coast was quite nice :)

I don't really understand the need to push it to 10 AM PST, seems a bit odd why it's not midnight.
Sometimes they push it up at the last minute, probably realizing it's kind of a big deal. Or is Ubisoft really dumb enough to mandate that it's always 10 AM rather than midnight?

Two reviews have been set to private now, not sure if he will get dinged or not. Guess time will tell. Yes it sucks for those that stand by the embargo though.

Very fucking shitty. Publishers will be less willing to do it in future if people keep this up. The dude has over 100K subs too and should bloody know better

You'll be find with private videos, that's what the scheduling and publishing system on youtube is for. They'd have no way of seeing that you uploaded stuff already anyway if it's private

Savitar

My copy has been sent by Ebgames, say what you will about them but at least unlike Amazon they don't wait until the day comes before sending it. And yeah in Canada it helps a lot since our mail is sorta crappy.

Very fucking shitty. Publishers will be less willing to do it in future if people keep this up. The dude has over 100K subs too and should bloody know better

You'll be find with private videos, that's what the scheduling and publishing system on youtube is for. They'd have no way of seeing that you uploaded stuff already anyway if it's private

Well they were not private a bit ago, I believe they got contacted by Ubisoft and had to do so afterwards.

Eusis

Thank you. Do I need to download all of those files that are attached or are just the newest version
Sorry, you got me just before my last post.

No, just the most recent. You may also need to download the 360 controller drivers though.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I guess that countdown timer is known to be wrong in a lot of cases.

It's not wrong. Ubi may choose to move up the unlock time sometime between now and Steam's store update but as it stands the game is unlocking in 19 hours. When a publisher tells Steam that it wants to release a game on a certain date, by default the unlock time is coincident with the store update at 10am PT -- this is what's happened with South Park.

Luomo

Neo Member
Sorry, you got me just before my last post.

No, just the most recent. You may also need to download the 360 controller drivers though.
Thanks again! I am going to test this with skyrim in a bit, so I may pop up with another question if you don't mind

Grief.exe

Damn, I've never bought a game on Steam before it came out, was hoping it would unlock at Midnight PST or something :(

Its up to the publishers descretion, unfortunately in some cases.

Has Ubisoft released a release schedule by region yet? Several people are citing Midnight EST.

Oh, well that's a different story. Hopefully you're ok

I'm fine otherwise I'd have not got that email. No worries. My review never went live. I copy and pasted what they said in the email after the initial warning.

"Please know that your promise to uphold our embargo did not go unnoticed, especially as we consider sending early copies of more upcoming titles."

I'm fine otherwise I'd have not got that email. No worries. My review never went live. I copy and pasted what they said in the email after the initial warning.

"Please know that your promise to uphold our embargo did not go unnoticed, especially as we consider sending early copies of more upcoming titles."

Good to hear man ;) Just goes to show if you follow the rules you will be rewarded

NotLiquid

I keep telling myself "please be good".

The impressions I'm seeing including Jim's vague post seem to be really good. Only the shortness seems to be an issue but ~12 hours sound like enough time for an ultimate South Park experience.

This is also my first Obsidian game so I don't know what to expect.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
My copy has been sent by Ebgames, say what you will about them but at least unlike Amazon they don't wait until the day comes before sending it. And yeah in Canada it helps a lot since our mail is sorta crappy.

Yeah they've always been great for me. It always arrived the day of release even with free shipping.

Grief.exe

Midnight EST equates to 1pm here so I'm all for it. ;)

Fire up that VPN if that is the case, of course we haven't seen a source for those citing that time.

From my perspective it would seem people are just using the embargo time, but maybe they have a source for regional unlocks.

Its up to the publishers descretion, unfortunately in some cases.

Has Ubisoft released a release schedule by region yet? Several people are citing Midnight EST.

There is an associate producer at Ubi that's been answering some peoples questions on SA forums that said this (his answer in bold)

FirstPlayer posted:
Good source.
So the specific unlock times are set by the developers rather than Valve having a standard 'games unlock at midnight on the release date?' Also I'm going to echo everyone else and say thanks a ton for the info.

Well, it's a conversation you have with Valve but it's mainly up to you, as long as they have the technical capability. Like I think you can only do a couple territorial unlocks, not like one for every time zone ever. For this one there's three: London Midnight for Europe, Sydney Midnight for Australia and New York Midnight for North/South America.
So those are the time zones they are using for each regions date.

Sweet, the preorder DLC came with my mom and pop copy.

Edit:
Protip: don't install the DLC before the day one update. Resulted in corrupt data so I had to delete and do the update again.

Luomo

Neo Member
Yeah, I was about ready to post that myself. Still, unless you're in an abnormal situation where it just won't work it should be easy.
Did not realize it was that easy! I just built my first pc. I appreciate the help. Now I don't have to contemplate getting wireless receiver. They need to release the update to allow xone controllers to work wirelessly with computer. Got out of work this morning and got my GMG key. 1pm can't come fast enough so excited :)

Hubble

I keep telling myself "please be good".

The impressions I'm seeing including Jim's vague post seem to be really good. Only the shortness seems to be an issue but ~12 hours sound like enough time for an ultimate South Park experience.

This is also my first Obsidian game so I don't know what to expect.

The only way you're going to get more quality content and perhaps a bigger title is supporting the game. This title had some rough patches in development and nearly didn't release. A lot of series/movie based games don't sell enough to warrant big investment by companies to make them.

Buy the title and support the developers so we can get more South Park.

Grief.exe

There is an associate producer at Ubi that's been answering some peoples questions on SA forums that said this (his answer in bold)
FirstPlayer posted:
Good source.
So the specific unlock times are set by the developers rather than Valve having a standard 'games unlock at midnight on the release date?' Also I'm going to echo everyone else and say thanks a ton for the info.

Well, it's a conversation you have with Valve but it's mainly up to you, as long as they have the technical capability. Like I think you can only do a couple territorial unlocks, not like one for every time zone ever. For this one there's three: London Midnight for Europe, Sydney Midnight for Australia and New York Midnight for North/South America.

Thanks for the info, game unlocks at 10 PM local time for me. Not too bad.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Any game I've ever preordered on Steam always unlocked at 1pm PST. Though there have only been a handful that I've actually sat there and waited for.

Riggs

Banned
Wow 19 hours to unlock on steam? Why?

I AM NA EST , figured it would be midnight ... fuck I hate this shit. Oh well.

The price we pay for paying for our games ....

Is there a reason the PS3 version seems to be the more popular console version over the 360? Skimming this thread it seems like more people preordered PS3 and there's a lot less mention of the 360 version.

Grief.exe

It does actually unlock at midnight EST for North America, unlock time on the store is for another region.

Not as stupid as the UK officially having to wait until Friday despite preloading since last week!

I know it's not as simple as that (friday is usually release day here in europe) but it could be worse for you!

I'm in EST for North America and Steam shows 19hrs to unlock.. so someone got their wires crossed somewhere because it's definitely not releasing at Midnight EST here. It'll be 1pm EST/10am PST tomorrow.

It does actually unlock at midnight EST for North America, unlock time on the store is for another region.

I don't get it. My Steam is NA and I've never used any kind of VPN or anything to access another store.. so why would the unlock time it's showing me be for another region?

Riggs

Banned

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do I need to do anything? My server for downloads are set in Miami on steam if that matters.

Are you all showing 19 hours on the east coast too? Sorry my hype is blinding me to the truth.

Also sorry UK guys you always have to deal with this shit, not fair!

Top Bottom