• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park: The Stick of Truth |OT| Bigger, Longer, and Uncut (In select regions)

Can't wait for you guys to experience this. You are going to love it. I can't wait until you see what's going on in the background during one of the battles later in the game lol

Nooooooooooooooo...
my PC "broke" yesterday :(

When to boot it and it keeps giving me some fucking error message before booting:
" disk read error occurred; Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart" and I can't seem to be able to fix it?
I'm gonna cry if I have to reinstall everything that wasvon my 1TB HDD with all my HTPC "tricks" (full non-downsampled bitstreaming via analog audio outs for example) which took me hours upon hours to properly set-up, lost all my lossless FLAC/DTSHD MA music, have to buy a new HDD *AND* can't play my copy of South Park.

Fuck it :/

Sounds like a disk issue. There's a thread for that. TechSupportGAF Thread of No Case Too Big, No Case Too Small Good luck.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Glad it worked for ya - I was wrong about it being locked to the account, BTW. It seems to be the same for everybody. My buddy got it to work, but it's still not working for me. IDK.

KCE1U6-JJ96XO-IR5W7L

Brilliant this worked for me. $45.

I asked another person in Sony live chat if this will be released at midnight tonight digitally(first person said no), this person actually said yes...so idk, cant get a straight answer it seems. Looks like we have to wait and see for ourselves. I am not sure if the second person knew exactly what i was talking about. their response was "Yes it would be Released Mar 4, 2014, which means at midnight tonight". I then asked them which timezone it would be released at midnight in, which threw them for a fucking loop. I told them about how the last of us dlc actually came out at 10 PST the night before, took them about 5 minutes to write back with " I wont be able to give you a specific time zone frame, but must likely it would be correct that it would be release first in some places, for the time differences,"

So the PC version will be available at Midnight Eastern? Y'all are making me a big ol' jelly hater! At least UPS usually runs before I even wake up so I'll be able to wake and and open up my Grand Wizard edition first thing! But knowing my luck this will be the day that they decide to come late in the evening lol!

Also this is how I'm going to picture everybody that will be playing the PC version:
y15azRI.jpg

Edit: But I hope everybody enjoys the game and it's at least half as good as I've been hoping since Dec 2011! It's finally here guys! We're not forgetting to unfreeze anybody are we?

ev0

I forgot how much this game was delayed!

I preordered this from Best Buy already.

Just now I got a shipping notice from Newegg for this game. Apparently I preordered it there back in 2012 and I guess I forgot about it.

At least Amazon sends you reminder emails about things that constantly change dates

th4tguy

Because since their goal was to make it look like the show, I want the framerate to reflect that. If the framerate is at 60, it'll stand out to me. I'm usually all for 60fps in games, but I think this is the one time I don't want it.

You can have 60fps and still have the animation jitter.

Lasha

A midnight eastern launch is pretty refreshing. Its around lunch time for me which means I can have a nice diversion during my lunch break.

I think it would have been an excellent gesture to include the Black Friday Trilogy as an intro cinematic for the game.

RawNuts

Spent more hours with this game playing through the main quest; really funny stuff and combat is adding more interesting things as well. Status ailments absolutely wreck shit, and they can be stacked as well.

So far the only thing that bothers me is how often there are loading screens, since they take you out of the feeling of playing a TV show; even when you're inside of someone's house, it may have to load when you enter a bedroom (I'm playing the 360 version). I'm nitpicking here, but other than that and the feeling that there probably won't be much replayability, I'm loving this game.

25$ off code for GMG that i'm not going to use: VRW14X-M2YVEU-B0C9OT

Edit: Oh, it's a universal code. Thought mine was unique. LOL.

I got a copy for $5 cheaper than the GMG discount from a different site. I won't be able to preload but I still got it cheap.

MEGA OOPS EDIT: Grammar failed me again.

Milennia

So the PC version will be available at Midnight Eastern? Y'all are making me a big ol' jelly hater! At least UPS usually runs before I even wake up so I'll be able to wake and and open up my Grand Wizard edition first thing! But knowing my luck this will be the day that they decide to come late in the evening lol!

Also this is how I'm going to picture everybody that will be playing the PC version:
y15azRI.jpg

Edit: But I hope everybody enjoys the game and it's at least half as good as I've been hoping since Dec 2011! It's finally here guys! We're not forgetting to unfreeze anybody are we?

I probably looked like this when I played WoW lol that's what's hilarious about that episode for me.

Well nowhere near as big but the cookie on hand and hunched over for sure lol

Grief.exe

Spent more hours with this game playing through the main quest; really funny stuff and combat is adding more interesting things as well. Status ailments absolutely wreck shit, and they can be stacked as well.

So far the only thing that bothers me is how often there are loading screens, since they take you out of the feeling of playing a TV show; even when you're inside of someone's house, it may have to load when you enter a bedroom (I'm playing the 360 version). I'm nitpicking here, but other than that and the feeling that there probably won't be much replayability, I'm loving this game.

That complaint probably won't affect those of us on PC as the loading times should be near instantaneous.

adj_noun

Bah. Curse you, last gen!

Are you playing with it installed to the HD?

RawNuts

That complaint probably won't affect those of us on PC as the loading times should be near instantaneous.
I figure this as well. The loading screens are really quick on the 360 even without the game installed, so I'm expecting them to just be a flicker on the PC.

Bah. Curse you, last gen!

Are you playing with it installed to the HD?
I wasn't but I'm installing it now and seeing if it helps out a bit.

#HAPPENING

Yeah, I forgot you can't reason with SP. :(

yo WHAT

das some bullshit. I'm a regular customer at my local store and pretty friendly with the guys who work there, so I'll see if I can't get my copy later tonight or whether I'll have to wait till tomorrow as a filthy physical media poor :(

I probably looked like this when I played WoW lol that's what's hilarious about that episode for me.

Well nowhere near as big but the cookie on hand and hunched over for sure lol

lol Yea that the main reason I never played that game I knew I would get hooked and end up looking like the super skinny version of that guy!

Edit:
Gotta say, most hyped I've been for a game in a while. Really looking forward to this one, I have high hopes

Me too! Been like that since they announced this way back in December 2011! I'm even more hyped for this than I am for Dark Souls 2 and I'm a huge Demons/Dark Souls fan! Put in hundreds of hours in those two games but the hype for it comes nowhere close to South Park for me! I grew up watching this show and I've loved every season!

ieatzombies

Usually (if you have it installed to the hardrive) the game's load time should be quicker.

Necrovex

The pain of having to work tomorrow is fierce, and I even have volunteering to take care of tomorrow. I made a huge mistake by agreeing to be a charitable person tomorrow. :-(

Kard8p3

GAF, I'll be honest, I haven't been following this game at all even though I pre-ordered it. I'm curious though; is it length? Lots of sidequests?

Sorian

Banned
GAF, I'll be honest, I haven't been following this game at all even though I pre-ordered it. I'm curious though; is it length? Lots of sidequests?

You're looking at a roughly 15 hour investment and some have felt it necessary to do a second playthrough, past that I don't know how much more info we have.

keyrat

Does anyone know how controller support is on PC? I'd like to play in big picture mode on the couch. Will I need a keyboard at all? Maybe just at the beginning?

Are there any reviews for this yet? Looks amazing but im afraid.

Official review embargo is up at 12AM PST, so about 7 hours to go. All the early impressions I've read from people who have pirated or somehow obtained a copy from stores breaking street date have been extremely favorable. Words such as "epic," "hilarious," and "incredible" have been tossed around quite a bit. I have complete faith that Matt and Trey have put their souls into this game. The delays were likely a result of fine-tuning and their obsession to make a quality product. I've pre-ordered without question and am ready to experience what will hopefully be a GOTY contender.

15 or so hours if you do most of the sidequests, replay value could possibly be strong as it seems that playing jew is different enough to maybe make it worth another run.

Top Bottom