• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park: The Stick of Truth |OT| Bigger, Longer, and Uncut (In select regions)

Hari Seldon

25$ off code for GMG that i'm not going to use: VRW14X-M2YVEU-B0C9OT

Edit: Oh, it's a universal code. Thought mine was unique. LOL.

I got a copy for $5 from GMG from a different site. I won't be able to preload but I still got it cheap.

Thanks bro, this put me over the edge haha.

RawNuts

Usually (if you have it installed to the hardrive) the game's load time should be quicker.
It's fairly quick, I just mean how often it pops up. When you're walking around and everything looks exactly like the show, it's a bit jarring when a rather lame-looking load screen pops up when going through a door or loading to another block of the city. This really is just nit-picking here though, it probably won't bother people if they aren't bothered by it in the new Thief game.

Clydefrog

sick-southpark-cartmaypflc.gif

Just pre-ordered and pre-loaded. Not sure why I waited so long on this one. Was just tough to decide where to put expendable cash this month and towards what game. I mean, Infamous for sure....

looks like my quest in the sony live chat to find out if the game will be available digitally was pointless. If you go preorder the game on psn, it tells you that it will be available at 12:01 PST tonight. So digital midnight release on psn confirmed? hopefully

Sorian

Banned
I was going to just nab it for 360 tomorrow for convenience but with a GMG code and the ability to start tonight? I think I'm going to go PC on this one, girlfriend will have to deal with watching on the laptop instead of big screen :p

CSX

I dont know if its been asked yet but can OP be updated with the episodes that lead to the game's story? Cant play it till spring break T_T

Or have those episodes not been uploaded to the south park website yet?

tensuke

Wait so it's unlocking at midnight instead of noon tomorrow?! YIPPIE!!

Oh shit! I checked just like 2 or 3 hours ago and it said it wasn't releasing until 1 tomorrow (I know that's when the store updates, but I thought it was a weird time for a game release). SO GLAD it's gonna be midnight instead. Looks like I'll be staying up a bit tonight!

ieatzombies

looks like my quest in the sony live chat to find out if the game will be available digitally was pointless. If you go preorder the game on psn, it tells you that it will be available at 12:01 PST tonight. So digital midnight release on psn confirmed? hopefully
Wow, now psn? Must stay strong for my wizard edition tomorrow!

Ignore my post about getting it for $5. I edited it to be correct.

I actually got it for $40 and I meant to say I got it $5 cheaper than what GMG is offering for it with the discount.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Sounds like a disk issue. There's a thread for that. TechSupportGAF Thread of No Case Too Big, No Case Too Small Good luck.

Thanks a bunch man, will head there! Didn't know we had an active troubleshooting thread.

Make sure you don<t have anything else plugged in the pc (USB stick, external HD, ect.). Also, try to get into the bios (DEL during boot) and see if the HD is listed.

Yeah, did that and it shows on bios and lets me choose it as bootable.
I think I fucked up cause with my HTPC in sleep state and I straight up unplugged a USB stick while thinking the system was completely off and then when I woke the PC up my other external HDDs weren't showing up their correct names (instead they were some kind of a weird string of letters/numbers) and couldn't be "safely unplugged" (unplug USB devices, right click on the green arrow icon etc.). After I shut down the PC, I couldn't restart it anymore (disk error etc...).

Grief.exe

I was going to just nab it for 360 tomorrow for convenience but with a GMG code and the ability to start tonight? I think I'm going to go PC on this one, girlfriend will have to deal with watching on the laptop instead of big screen :p

Connect your laptop to your TV and play with your 360 controller.

tensuke

Can't decide if I want to freeze myself for the 3 hours 42 minutes until it releases, or if that's a bad idea...

Hubble

I'm having such a hard time waiting for this to go on sale.

HELP ME

Buy the game. Support it so another South Park game can come out. Games based on movies/tv series rarely are good like this one so see less funding. This title needs support more than any other.

Buy the game. Support it so another South Park game can come out. Games based on movies/tv series rarely are good like this one so see less funding. This title needs support more than any other.

Exactly. I want this to sell millions of units so I can get another one.

I'm having such a hard time waiting for this to go on sale.

HELP ME

Pick it up for the $40 or so after discounts. It looks like it's definitely worth that price if not the full sixty. That's what I'm picking it up for and giving that I'm going to replay it at least once, it seems worth it!

Thieves unite!

Respeck. Rolling white thief.

My roomie is going black jew, which will be hilarious for maximum cartman insults.

RPGCrazied

And a heads up, the Black Friday episodes are playing tonight on comedy central.

popcorn.jpg.

I hope they will advertise their game during this.

Top Bottom