• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park: The Stick of Truth |OT| Bigger, Longer, and Uncut (In select regions)

-MD-

Finally a good Thief game comes out!

Thief_The_Dark_Project_boxcover.jpg

I got the joke

And a heads up, the Black Friday episodes are playing tonight on comedy central.

popcorn.jpg.

I hope they will advertise their game during this.

Tonight's trilogy showing is presented by Stick of Truth so there will probably be a commercial for the game at every break. Wouldn't be surprised if they showed an extended trailer.

ZeroX03

Banned
Will play as a Jew for the trophy (there's something I thought I'd never say), but for a subsequent playthrough/if you can class change I'll probably go Thief.

So it's been a roller coaster in this thread regarding game length.

This is how I remember it going...

- When it first started people were guessing around 10, maybe 15 max
- Someone reported 18 or so for the main story
- A few assumed it would be upwards of 30 including all of the side missions and collectibles
- IGN guy says not to get hopes up for 30
- Everybody drops guess back down to 20
- Gaffer says it took him 8 (lol) w/o cutscenes
- Now it's back up to the 10-15 mark we started with if you add in all the cutscenes and sidequests?

Did I follow this correctly for the most part?

GAF I cannot decide if I want to Day 1 this. Sitting in my cart. Ugh! Even with a nice discount from Green Man Gaming.

just go for it. you went as far as adding it into your cart. are you interested in any game for this month or the month after? if not, then just play south park.

So it's been a roller coaster in this thread regarding game length.

This is how I remember it going...

- When it first started people were guessing around 10, maybe 15 max
- Someone reported 18 or so for the main story
- A few assumed it would be upwards of 30 including all of the side missions and collectibles
- IGN guy says not to get hopes up for 30
- Everybody drops guess back down to 20
- Gaffer says it took him 8 (lol) w/o cutscenes
- Now it's back up to the 10-15 mark we started with if you add in all the cutscenes and sidequests?

Did I follow this correctly for the most part?

Yep. It's looking like like around 13-15 depending on side quests and difficulty.

Jolkien

Well I pre-ordered the game with release date delivery on Amazon.ca. Shipment is late and will be arriving instead between the 12th and the 14th. I might just buy it on PSN, anyone know the size ?

I told myself I wouldn't Day 1 games anymore. Then I bought Tropical Freeze.

Though with the 25% off coupon its like its on sale right? Right? Sold!

most of the games coming out are sequels. dark souls 2 is still largely a souls game so you've played it before. a south park rpg is a new experience. that's all you need.

I can't decide between thief and Jew for my first playthrough. I know I'm going to use those two first but still haven't decided which one I should do first. At first it looked like everybody was going to be a Jew first but there seems to be a lot of people trying every class first. Well at least here at GAF.

I'm so glad this thread has became more optimistic again! Yesterday morning I couldn't even bear to read most of the junk being posted.

DoctorZ

Actually from a few people in this very thread says its fine but some stuttering in the main town area, no tearing, and looks great. So, I trust them.

There's some slight stuttering when exiting homes (triggers an auto save), but it seems fine otherwise. Granted, I'm only an hour and change in so far.

I aleady have the PS3 vesion coming so I hope it isn't as stuttery as people elsewhere have been saying. Hopefully just hyperbole. If that's the only issue I can live with it.

lindseybp

How hard do you guys think it's going to be to find the grand wizard edition on PS3 at a brick & mortar store tomorrow? Called all the gamestops near me and they only have enough in for pre-orders. Places like Target and Walmart show it online so I'm assuming there is a chance they may have it in store tomorrow?

Top Bottom