• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park: The Stick of Truth |OT| Bigger, Longer, and Uncut (In select regions)

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I've gone back and forth regarding the length, but now that it's out tomorrow, I'm so damn hyped. Going to be tough waiting for the mail tomorrow morning.

Tiny415

Neo Member
Sweet just found out that I won one of the South Park Wizard editions from CAG, now I will have to return the one that shipped earlier today from Amazon.

As for the Black Friday Trilogy, that is some great tv.

Shit I forgot all about Alabama Man! I hope it makes an appearance too!
Bh2botiCQAARhK3.jpg:large

Wait, hold on a second, someone on reddit posted this hours ago.

This is the trailer I saw! Is this not new?

edit: Possibly spoils cool game content. Watch at own risk!

This game looks fucking awesome! It's like it's gonna be like one long epic season of South Park covering one long story! I can't wait until tomorrow morning!

Eusis

Wait, hold on a second, someone on reddit posted this hours ago.

This is the trailer I saw! Is this not new?

edit: Possibly spoils cool game content. Watch at own risk!
I saw a commercial last night while watching the Black Friday Trilogy that might've spoiled one thing (if it spoiled anything else my brain must have already flushed it out), I wanted to post a recommendation in regards to what to watch for those who haven't seen much of the series yet or in a very, very long time but I'm afraid that would give it away. :/

EDIT: Although, I suppose someone could've compiled a list of episodes that included anything of LASTING impact as a shot gun approach in case it turns out to be relevant, but we're a bit close to release for that.

Red Comet

Hell yeah. Game unlocks in 3 hours. I was under the impression that it would be unlocking tomorrow morning, so this is an awesome surprise.

Haha and the Black Friday trilogy is on CC right now.

Milennia

They are going to play the launch trailer every 30 seconds.. Im sure its also going to be all over youtube etc.

Nowhere is safe :/ need to close my eyes until tomorrow lol

RPGCrazied

They are going to play the launch trailer every 30 seconds.. Im sure its also going to be all over youtube etc.

Nowhere is safe :/ need to close my eyes until tomorrow lol

The TV spot is only like 10 seconds long. I'm sure that is the one they are going to spam. They probably will only show the launch trailer once.

Shit I forgot all about Alabama Man! I hope it makes an appearance too!
Bh2botiCQAARhK3.jpg:large

This game looks fucking awesome! It's like it's gonna be like one long epic season of South Park covering one long story! I can't wait until tomorrow morning!

Wonder if we will get to see the Cherokee hair tampons in the game. :|

@SouthPark
#BehindTheScenes At one point, the writers toyed with the notion of making this a 4-parter. Instead, they wrapped it up & made #TheHobbit

Aww, I wish they would have done that. The Hobbit was pretty good though.

BearPawB

Banned
Release embargos! Though some leaked copies have impressions out and they're generally positive albeit noting the shortness of the game.

Giantbomb guys were talking about the game earlier, Brad said he had played about 12 hours so far, and hadn't finished it. Seems like its not crazy short or anything

Kadin

Not sure how many 25% off codes there are for GMG but this one just worked for me. Can't wait!

KCE1U6-JJ96XO-IR5W7L

Eusis

Yea $60 seems pricey for a short game, but if the reviews are great, I will bite the bullet for Obsidian.
There's a lot to be said for being short-yet-sweet, nevermind that it's mainly short by RPG standards but long by basically any other genre's standards.

Still, it's always nice to get it at a discount, and if I hadn't been sitting on a $33.74 Amazon pre-order I'd have probably bailed on the first sign of being really short.
Giantbomb guys were talking about the game earlier, Brad said he had played about 12 hours so far, and hadn't finished it. Seems like its not crazy short or anything
Well, an RPG would be considered short at 20 or even 30 hours anyway. We'll probably see some fluctuating anyway, admittedly I also kind of expect that the people who got an early copy aren't the ones who REALLY want to take their time with a game, though I guess some people stumble upon it by dumb luck and go "yeah sure why not."

Einbroch

Banned
Turned on a stream, thinking I'd just get a taste of the battle system, items, skills, you know, that kind of stuff. Turned it on literally three seconds before he beat the final boss.

:(

-MD-

Turned on a stream, thinking I'd just get a taste of the battle system, items, skills, you know, that kind of stuff. Turned it on literally three seconds before he beat the final boss.

:(

Bummer.

Anyone wanting to see gameplay should just watch the 13 minute intro video and skip to the 5 minute mark.

Top Bottom