• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park: The Stick of Truth |OT| Bigger, Longer, and Uncut (In select regions)

Dub117

It didn't spoil much for me. I don't know what context all of that stuff was in, so whatever. But I could see where some people wouldn't want to watch it.

SnakeEyes

Banned
NZ Online Retailer Mighty Ape said:
Major FAIL for the NZ Ubisoft distributor - after assurances that the NZ version of South Park was UNCUT - they have sent us word this afternoon (after giving us all our stock!) that the NZ console edition is in fact edited! This affects the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions only -- the PC version is uncut.

All pre-order customers will be contacted direct via email with this information ASAP. If you wish to cancel your pre-orders please contact our customer service monkeys.

MOTHERFUCKERS!!! This is all the fault of the UK/EU.
Mighty Ape'd been saying for months and months that it'd be the uncut version of the game that NZ would be getting, and now we get dicked around the day before launch. I am so unimpressed right now - I'll have to wait an extra week to get a copy from a US online store ~_~

MOTHERFUCKERS!!! This is all the fault of the UK/EU.
They'd been saying for months and months that it'd be the uncut version of the game, and now we get dicked around the day before launch. I am so unimpressed right now - I'll have to wait an extra week to get a copy from a US online store ~_~
Ugh. That's so dumb. :/ Sorry that has to happen....

After how many hours till the embargo lifts?
I think people were saying it lifts at about 3AM EST, so 4 hours?

Grief.exe

Time to play some more RE4 while I wait

ilukXNZiNytCv.png

iZqzcSrNFzHqD.png

If there was ever a game to go on a blackout for this is it. BAIL OUT NOW WHILE YOU STILL CAN! We are just hours away from a dream game, basically a fantasy -- a fucking South Park RPG made by the guys who created Fallout.

Milennia

Im just on for review right now...
:/ damn console version and no midnight releases.
Have to wait until like 5 pm tomorrow.

does this game support a 360 controller btw? Asking about pc version.

Found this on the IGN playthru Riggs:

"Playing in 1080p on a PC with an Xbox 360 controller plugged in, it genuinely looks like you’re controlling an episode of the show"

I assume that means it is working well?

Dub117

I mean, you could just wait a few hours if you're on the fence...
Oh huge south park fan, preordered and picking it up ASAP. Just sounds stupid, at the latest the reviews should be out as soon as the game is for sale. Earlier preferably, but I guess everyone is moving away from that..

Edit: oh I see rocketskates, ok cool that makes more sense thanks.

So the reviews are out after the game. By hours. That sounds..fucking stupid.
You have to remember that the game wasn't supposed to actually come out digitally until sometime tomorrow afternoon. It was JUST found out that we would be getting it at midnight EST at the earliest.

Eusis

You have to remember that the game wasn't supposed to actually come out digitally until sometime tomorrow afternoon. It was JUST found out that we would be getting it at midnight EST at the earliest.
I mentioned before that those dates can and have been pushed up at the last minute, not that I can underestimate Ubisoft I suppose but this seems a big enough deal to not pull that with.

Bread

Banned
Is there a good PS3 controller PC driver alternative to motionjoy? I used that before and got some weird side effects from having it installed (e.g. randomly websites in chinese would open up without clicking anything). I don't really trust it.

Kadin

Found this on the IGN playthru Riggs:

"Playing in 1080p on a PC with an Xbox 360 controller plugged in, it genuinely looks like you’re controlling an episode of the show"

I assume that means it is working well?
That's great to hear. I imagined it supported the controller just fine but thanks for confirming it.

I caved.... Been a while since I spent over $30 on a video game, especially on PC but hopefully it will be worth it! Plus it seems like school will be off tomorrow so I can definitely play for a while!

I bought from GMG. How do I go about pre loading this? I tried to activate the key on steam but it said it could not be activated yet.

Mononoke

Banned
I really enjoy being on GAF for releases like this. I remember being younger and going midnight launches. They weren't the most pleasant of things, but it always made certain releases special. Now I get that same feeling from the comfort of my home, and I also get to share in the excitement with passionate gamers.

Eusis

Is there a good PS3 controller PC driver alternative to motionjoy? I used that before and got some weird side effects from having it installed (e.g. randomly websites in chinese would open up without clicking anything). I don't really trust it.
Yes.

There's also BetterDS3 that apparently uses the same drivers as Motioninjoy but without running that adware piece of crap they tied it down to.
I really enjoy being on GAF for releases like this. I remember being younger and going midnight launches. They weren't the most pleasant of things, but it always made certain releases special. Now I get that same feeling from the comfort of my home, and I also get to share in the excitement with passionate gamers.
And for west coast people who get games released by east coast times you can even play the game at a relatively reasonable hour! Though any past that time zone has it at a reasonable time, just increasingly so.

Milennia

/tear :D

Bread

Banned
Yes.

There's also BetterDS3 that apparently uses the same drivers as Motioninjoy but without running that adware piece of crap they tied it down to.

And for west coast people who get games released by east coast times you can even play the game at a relatively reasonable hour! Though any past that time zone has it at a reasonable time, just increasingly so.
thank you so much, that's perfect.

wow just look at this baby talk LOL what a big baby

;_;

So hyped for this. I was actually going to cancel my PS3 pre-order and go for the PC version but found out it was already shipped when I went to do that earlier. Whoops! Hope the PS3 performance is okay, and whatever minor issues I've read about are patched out eventually.

Grief.exe

So hyped for this. I was actually going to cancel my PS3 pre-order and go for the PC version but found out it was already shipped when I went to do that earlier. Whoops! Hope the PS3 performance is okay, and whatever minor issues I've read about are patched out eventually.

Send it back

Order the PC version

Do-It.gif

goddamn pc gaming rules

South Park today then Shovel Knight later in the month.

And that's after the triple doozy of Strider, RE4 and Ikaruga in February.

@_@ how I hold gams?

Grinchy

Banned
I've been checking out some twitch streams for this game in the past couple days and I can't believe how sweet this game looks. The animation and the overall look is insanely perfect.

Kadin

100x this! I feel the exact same way. I haven't been here too long but I really love this community for things like this. It's a lot of fun sharing the hype chaos with other people who feel the same.

Milennia

I'll be honest, sometimes I get burnt out on gaming. But I know this community will always get me excited about something.

Happens to me sometimes as well.
Happened in a big way last year when i quit WoW, wasn't playing anything and had no motivation to either.

Gaf saves.

Top Bottom