• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park: The Stick of Truth |OT| Bigger, Longer, and Uncut (In select regions)

Was on Twitter, and South Park said to watch Comedy Central at midnight.

It showed a new gameplay clip, and it looked amazing. Can't wait to play it later today. I'm probably going to have it by late afternoon, I'm getting it on PS3 since I'm a trophy nut.

Good looking out for making the parents Black if you made your character Black Obsidian. Little touches are appreciated. Now onward to make my Black Jew

Aces&Eights

oh man, good luck with that. It took them 45 minutes to find boxes of Uncharted 3 when I tried that on its midnight release

That would have sent me into titters. Watching grown adults trying to open boxes with looks of uncertainty on their faces as I stood there waiting for my precious.

:Um, nope. Not this one. Hmm"

"Try that one there, Phil"

"Which one Frank? That one?"

"No. The one over there, next to that microwave looking thingy"

Yep it's locked at 30fps, which isn't a big deal at all with this game. I'm downscaling from 2560x1440 and it hasn't moved from 30fps. It looks very crisp and clean.

lol I guess I chose the hispanic skin tone and when picking classes (thief) Cartman says
"I guess you look sneaky enough to be a thief"
KuGsj.gif

imjust1n

Banned
GMG still has not responded to my tickets for requesting my Key.
I bought this game like 3 weeks ago now the game is unlocked no key and posted a tweet to them and a ticket. This is non sense I just want to play the game I bought.

Milennia

I always used to ask myself...

If they can make games look as good as they do now.ll why cant they just make a true to concept/life game of a show or pixar movie etc.

South park mailed it.
Hard.

Falcs

Banned
What the ff??? Nuuvem refunded my purchase in full... Anyone else have this problem??
JaseC?????! HALLLP!

J.D

I hate all of you. I won't be getting it till Wednesday.
Let me know how it is. I remember some reviews a while back said it was similar to Mario RPG, I hope that is true.

Grief.exe

Not sure how much downsampling does to the game

For those that don't know, I am rendering that shot at 2560x1440, then downsampling the image to my 1920x1080 monitor. Generally increases image quality greatly.

iblcCmCuTGXhgV.png

Eusis

Yep it's locked at 30fps, which isn't a big deal at all with this game. I'm downscaling from 2560x1440 and it hasn't moved from 30fps. It looks very crisp and clean.
Yeah, FRAPS confirmed it. One of the times I don't mind, the game wouldn't look right if it weren't 30 FPS, though I am sort of morbidly curious to see how it looks at 60. But I guess you can try to find a TV with motion interpolation and watch an episode on there and you'd instantly know.

The lack of V-Sync however is bugging me. I left it on adaptive for Titanfall so maybe that's overriding whatever the game does by default, but I'll have to disable that or switch to forcing normal V-Sync on.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Uh I think he says that no matter what skin color you pick but I could be wrong.

Nope, if you chose a white skin tone he says something like "A white thief ? never heard of that one before"

edit : the game looks SO GOOD

It's literally like an episode of the show. They nailed down the style perfectly, this easily warrants a 10/10 in graphics since it met the source material perfectly.

Echoplx

There's a config file and nearly everything is disabled by default, wonder why

Code:
; Application override configuration file

[Engine.Render]
default_gamma			= 1.0
full_screen			= 1
shadow_quality			= 3
support_aspect_ratio_4_3	= false
support_aspect_ratio_16_10	= false
support_aspect_ratio_custom	= false
use_directx_11			= false
separate_dimensions		= 1
support_skinning		= false

; render post-process settings
enable_postprocess                      = true
enable_depth_of_field                   = false
enable_bloom                            = false
enable_antialias                        = false
enable_color_correction                 = false
enable_color_controls			= false
enable_fog				= false
enable_heat_haze                        = true
enable_transparent_depth 		= false
motion_blur_enable                      = false
motion_blur_scale                       = 0.5
motion_blur_max_length                  = 0.3
movie_sharpen_amount			= 0.0
movie_sharpen_radius			= 0.0
scaleform_edge_aa                       = 1.0

[Engine.Perf]
; perf_marker_categories_enabled is a bit field. The value defs
; are in oei_perf_marker.h.
; PERF_MARKER_CATEGORY_RENDER = 0x00000001;
; PERF_MARKER_CATEGORY_GAME	=   0x00000002;
perf_marker_categories_enabled = 0
log_disc_access = false

[Game.Default]
project_name			= South Park - The Stick of Truth
demo_mode			= false
disable_warnings	= false

[Game.Audio]
listener_offset = 8.0
listener_separation = 16.0

[Game.Mouse]
clip_to_screen		= false
use_hardware_mouse	= true

[Game.GUI]
curve_tolerance			= 3.0
collinearity_tolerance		= 3.0
skip_single_node	= false

Grief.exe

Interesting settings in the config file

shadow_quality = 2 ; 0:25%, 1:50%, 2:100%, 3:200%, 4:300%, 5:400%, 6:800%

; render post-process settings
enable_postprocess = true
enable_depth_of_field = false
enable_bloom = false
enable_antialias = false
enable_color_correction = false
enable_color_controls = false
enable_fog = false
enable_heat_haze = true
enable_transparent_depth = false
motion_blur_enable = false
motion_blur_scale = 0.5
motion_blur_max_length = 0.3
movie_sharpen_amount = 0.0
movie_sharpen_radius = 0.0
scaleform_edge_aa = 1.0

Eusis

The developers said they purposely lock the game at 30 FPS to retain the shows experience and I recall making the analogy with the FPS used in films.
Yeah, game's going for a deliberate look and wouldn't really benefit from 60 FPS anyway, the lack of V-Sync bugs me more and since I'm the only one noticing it that probably is just due to enabling adaptive.

Yeah, FRAPS confirmed it. One of the times I don't mind, the game wouldn't look right if it weren't 30 FPS, though I am sort of morbidly curious to see how it looks at 60. But I guess you can try to find a TV with motion interpolation and watch an episode on there and you'd instantly know.

The lack of V-Sync however is bugging me. I left it on adaptive for Titanfall so maybe that's overriding whatever the game does by default, but I'll have to disable that or switch to forcing normal V-Sync on.

I'm not getting any screen tearing, I don't have adaptive vsync on though.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
There's a config file and nearly everything is disabled by default, wonder why

Some of those don't make sense, we haven't seen any indication of things like depth of field or bloom in the game.

Maybe those are just general engine-config files, since this is using the same engine as Dungeon Siege III. It's like how you can find configs for other consoles in general UE3 setting files as well.

abrack08

Is everyone else getting "You are not eligible to download this content" trying to add to cart on PSN? It was in my cart as a pre-order right before midnight EST, then when I tried to purchase it right after the time changed it said that. Now my cart is empty and it still gives me that message when I try to add it to the cart.

Is everyone else getting "You are not eligible to download this content" trying to add to cart on PSN? It was in my cart as a pre-order right before midnight EST, then when I tried to purchase it right after the time changed it said that. Now my cart is empty and it still gives me that message when I try to add it to the cart.

you cant preorder it anymore because it ends at 12:01 EST. The file for downloading(the theme) is off of the store now

Edit: and the file for the game isnt on the store yet, I guess its a weird time frame where u cant do anything but wait until the game file gets added

Milennia

2 and a half hours left until reviews.

I suppose ill make the thread if nobody else is up for it.
Will be a little slow to update however as I'm on my ipad in bed lol.

Yusaku

This appears to have unlocked in Steam, but clicking 'Play' does nothing... Running the executable as an admin directly doesn't do anything else either. Running Win8.1

Kirye

So I was all ready to pick this game up tomorrow from GS, figuring i'd get the pre-order items and all that good stuff so i'd wait instead of getting it on Steam.

Then I realized GMG had the 25% off voucher.

15$ cheaper and I get to play it in about 10 minutes? Screw GS and pre-order stuff!

I might still buy at GS, redeem pre-order stuff and then return the game.

Top Bottom