• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park: The Stick of Truth |OT| Bigger, Longer, and Uncut (In select regions)

Hmm... I've been playing fine for like 10min and the moment I met my first friend and it oppened the fake facebook menu I lost all controller support.... My 360 pad doesn't even have light anymore... I wonder if it's an issue with the game or the pad itself. I tried multiple USB ports.

Played the entire game with the Xbox controller. Never had the issue.

Kadin

Just a tip, I didn't get my pre-order DLC until I exited the game and started it up again.

Also regarding saving, I exited out after
killing all the elves that attacked and then I was sent to go find the other 3 guys. I saved the game and upon loading back in, I'm back before the fight. So not sure how the save point system works.

The details and easter eggs that are in the game are just fantastic if you're a fan of the show.

Only have played for about 30 minutes but I have the biggest grin on my face the whole time. This is great.

Kadin

Game is definitely glitchy. Had to restart the fight tutorial and now I'm stuck in combat and unable to get it to move forward... :(

Aces&Eights

Game is definitely glitchy. Had to restart the fight tutorial and now I'm stuck in combat and unable to get it to move forward... :(

Wouldn't be an Obsidien game if it didn't have any glitches. As long as Randy's headdoesn't spin in circles when he talks...actually,that would be pretty cool.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
Any way for me to download this on PC today?
I am a Euro and its ridiculous that I have to wait till friday when I am willing to spend my money right now!

Grief.exe

Guys, I think the developers knew how to make this Gaf's favorite game of all time.

(Item spoiler) http://steamcommunity.com/id/Iced_Eagle/screenshot/616170085776579779

Item Description
With lifelike chest hair from real Spaniards.

1049.gif

But honestly, I am laughing out loud to myself as I'm playing. Combat seems like it will have depth, and is fun so far. If you're on the fence, just face dive onto the "buying the game" side. Can't wait for more.

ishXpnDqHhMzM.gif

Any way for me to download this on PC today?
I am a Euro and its ridiculous that I have to wait till friday when I am willing to spend my money right now!

Yes. Pre-load the game, then use VPN to run it.

Turn off VPN once the game is open.

kcurlsjr

Neo Member
Played a few hours and loving it so far! I just wish this was on PS4. Not for the graphics, the game looks great on PS3. Not for the extra horsepower, only experienced a minor hitch here and there.

I just want PS4's share capabilities so I easily take screen grabs of the South Park version of me rolling around with Butters and Cartman... So much fun!

DukeBobby

Fuck, I overslept by an hour. Oh well, time to play this baby.

So, who's doing the review thread? I'd be happy to do it if no one else wants to.

So this Walmart has all the hits like Legendary, Mindjack, Prototype 2, Kinect Joy Ride, HAWX, and Divinity 2 Ego Draconis (the Walmart pre-order edition with bonus content), but no South Park.

Glad there will be some stores open on Mardi Gras least.

Grief.exe

I'm seriously impressed at the amount of polish and love that obviously went into this game.

Every single room I walk into is chock full of references and interactive items. There is a response for everything you can possibly do.

Enjoying it but 2 crashes already on PC.

PC gaming mast-whatever. (really tired of going through this for every new PC release)

If that is the case, time for a reformat.

I just watched Imaginationland for the first time, as its one of the few South Park things i haven't watched yet. Holy fucking shit, that was incredible. I wish i didn't have to wait until tomorrow to get this.

Kadin

So after a good solid hour in I'll say this, do not rush this game. You really need to take the time and explore and look around. Some funny shit will get missed if you just move from one quest to the next. Maybe things will still be there, I'm not sure. Just... check everything out. That's all I'll say.

Aces&Eights

Can anyone comment of the performance of the PS3 version? Screen tearing? Crashing? I'm reading some PC users having the game freeze during the battle tutorial....

Phionoxx

Having a lot of fun with the game after an hour of playing. Need to go to sleep. Big old grin on my face throughout and genuinely laughed out loud a few times too. Had one crash to desktop so far, right after a fight I went into the inventory and it crashed.

Eusis

I slid off the toilet and was apparently stuck with eternal constipation as my first major bug.

Well, at least that's more memorable than just being unable to attack an enemy.
How much worse would the experience be if you don't watch much South Park?
I get the impression even VERY casual following (as in "oh hey they're doing something getting news lets watch it") is probably enough. Though I did watch a lot of the first season and fell out of it with the second (I thought it was getting too crass and also too reliant on repeating jokes. Unlike some of my other opinions from that period it seems that, yes, it was genuinely shit and even the creators agree) then on and off paid attention afterwards. Watching the Black Friday Trilogy seems like it might not be a bad idea though, and that's on their site.

So this Walmart has all the hits like Legendary, Mindjack, Prototype 2, Kinect Joy Ride, HAWX, and Divinity 2 Ego Draconis (the Walmart pre-order edition with bonus content), but no South Park.

Glad there will be some stores open on Mardi Gras least.
Did you ask a sales associate if they had it? I known from when I've gone to Walmart on the rare occasion at midnight for a new release they don't always have the game out on the floor yet. The sales associate usually goes to the back to get it or sometimes they have a box of them behind the register and they just haven't gotten around to pitting it out yet.

Clydefrog

How much worse would the experience be if you don't watch much South Park?

you're going to miss out on a TON of funny references.

combat's bugging me a bit... is there no "defense" option? if there's only one guy left who is riposting and i'm out of PP, i have to hit him with my stick and suffer the consequences?

you're going to miss out on a TON of funny references.

combat's bugging me a bit... is there no "defense" option? if there's only one guy left who is riposting and i'm out of PP, i have to hit him with my stick and suffer the consequences?

Do you not have pp potions to use? I played the game on normal and never ran out because I'd always pick then from chests or dead enemies.

Top Bottom