• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park: The Stick of Truth |OT| Bigger, Longer, and Uncut (In select regions)

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Damn it you guys.

I have to wait until Friday to play this, which means this week will drag like hell.

Probably going to need to avoid this thread until then, have fun with the game guys.

Coop

Played for about 2 hours. Game is absolutely amazing. I only did the first quest. It was just so awesome exploring South Park and seeing characters we haven't seen in years.

No Love

Banned
I knew what I was getting in to. No regrets!

Is it just me or is this game locked at 30fps? You can change Hz in the resolution setting, so I don't get why it would be locked.. It's really stuttery when you move because I'm on 144Hz. Might have to limit to 120 and see if that helps make it smoother.

I've been hearing a lot of songs from the show in stores and stuff. Then there's a song being played when you run around that sound very much like something from LotR. Only played for like 40 minutes or so though.

It can't be 30 hz... that'd be just plain retarded. Try 60 or 120.

Ferrio

Banned
This game is amazing. If you're any fan of south park it's a must buy. Hell if you're just a fan of RPGs it's a must buy, it makes pokes at common rpg tropes so much.

Falcs

Banned
WARNING ABOUT GREEN MAN GAMING

I'm not sure if this is just a problem for New Zealand, but all of us who bought a key from there got the same error I posted earlier.

Even though it is up on the Steam store available for purchase as per usual...

The DODGY part is that although GMG replied to my support ticket saying they are trying their best to sort it out, they have now begun blocking threads in their forums that have anything to do with Stick of Truth, resulting in 500 internal server errors when you try to read about it.

Now it's possible this is all Ubisoft's fault, but GMG are being very shady and underhanded about the whole thing now...

My advice:

AVOID GMG AT ALL COSTS UNTIL THIS IS FULLY SORTED

I'm a long time customer of GMG but this is the first trouble I've had.
Damn, thanks for the info.
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck, I want this game so bad! I don't know how to get it!! Stupid Australia and their censorship bullshit!

So I lost my first battle, seems like the game kicks you back to the previous zone before the fight and the group I was fighting disappeared

mcmudman

Neo Member
Short Story Long: I was on my way out to buy the game at midnight when my car wouldn't start. The headlights didn't automatically turn on in the fog I had yesterday and so I manually turned them on and left them on like an idiot. Now, I wait as the slow internet in my dorm downloads the game off of PSN which will probably take multiple hours. I could use a laugh, lets hope the game provides that.

Sanctuary

Hah, I guess I was a few minutes late in posting the GMG voucher. It expires in 45 min.
I just picked up the game since it was 25% off, and I wasn't going to pay $60 for it.

How much worse would the experience be if you don't watch much South Park?

I wouldn't say it's a worse experience. As an RPG it's damn solid. I'm still very early in the game and the battle system is great (and hasn't even really opened up yet from what I can tell). I don't watch the show very often at all but I'm finding it pretty funny. I'm sure I'd enjoy it much more if I were an avid watcher but it's funny even without it.

Though, if you're not into the type of humor that goes as low brow as South Park sometimes does, then you probably won't enjoy the humor in the game all that much.

I also saw a bunch of "video game" items with the cover of Shadow of the Colossus on them, would be interesting to see if its the same on all platforms or if its platform specific.

Just saw those on PC. Doesn't seem like it's platform specific or anything like that.

Beardz

Btw, I'm going to play and finish this without seeing a review, preview or impression, with that being said, I'm out of this thread.

Grief.exe

Have you accepted Jesus?

ibyo08TXSEW3pZ.png

ibf6gG1h0GGEQG.png

Peagles

Hey what if you run a VPN when trying to activate on steam, I was told in here that should work.. have you tried that?

I'm not risking that. Knowing my luck the game will be disabled in no time by Steam. They've cracked down a lot on activating and playing via VPN and I shouldn't have to take that risk anyway.

Anyone else that got a gift copy on GAF not get their preorder bonus gear? Mine isn't showing up :/ Played for a good 2 hours tonight, wandered the town mostly. Gonna try to redownload/reinstall onto my SSD tommorrow to see if it would speed up load times a bit

Decided to roll thief :D

erawsd

So far, so so soooo good.

This is Matt/Trey at their finest. I've never played an RPG where I'm eager to find new vendor trash just to read the flavor text.

This game is not for the OCD gamers among us though, I've found myself shooting, farting, and hitting everything I've come across.

Falcs

Banned
I'm not risking that. Knowing my luck the game will be disabled in no time by Steam. They've cracked down a lot on activating and playing via VPN and I shouldn't have to take that risk anyway.
Apparently that's the only way to activate it, once it's activated it works fine and you don't need the VPN anymore. This was what I was going to do from Nuuvem but for some reason they refunded my money and cancelled my order. I was considering getting it from GMG but then I saw your post.
Aussie here btw.

So far, so so soooo good.

This is Matt/Trey at their finest. I've never played an RPG where I'm eager to find new vendor trash just to read the flavor text.

This game is not for the OCD gamers among us though, I've found myself shooting, farting, and hitting everything I've come across.

seriously, the vendor trash (I'm not even sure you can sell it actually) is amazing. The game is stuffed to the gills with South Park references

Hubble

Btw, I'm going to play and finish this without seeing a review, preview or impression, with that being said, I'm out of this thread.

Same here. The way it should be. There is so many little things about this game even if your not a South Park fan that is just neat little touches that I don't want to know.

erawsd

Anyone else that got a gift copy on GAF not get their preorder bonus gear? Mine isn't showing up :/ Played for a good 2 hours tonight, wandered the town mostly. Gonna try to redownload/reinstall onto my SSD tommorrow to see if it would speed up load times a bit

Mine isn't a gift copy but I got a notification right after the tutorial that my dlc outfits were in my toy box at home.

Kadin

Did you completely exit and reload the game. Once I did that, the preorder stuff showed up when I loaded my last save.

Top Bottom