• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park: The Stick of Truth |OT| Bigger, Longer, and Uncut (In select regions)

Grief.exe

I just opened up the front door of a house to a naked mom, then took a shit in someone's garage.

you're going to miss out on a TON of funny references.

combat's bugging me a bit... is there no "defense" option? if there's only one guy left who is riposting and i'm out of PP, i have to hit him with my stick and suffer the consequences?

Use your bow.

Despite building this PC for gaming I haven't used it for that in awhile. Closed some of the million background applications I have going. Wish I had kept it dedicated and not made it my all-purpose PC.

Ya...time to reformat.

you're going to miss out on a TON of funny references.

combat's bugging me a bit... is there no "defense" option? if there's only one guy left who is riposting and i'm out of PP, i have to hit him with my stick and suffer the consequences?
If they're riposting, use your bow. If they're reflecting, use your melee weapon. :)

So this Walmart has all the hits like Legendary, Mindjack, Prototype 2, Kinect Joy Ride, HAWX, and Divinity 2 Ego Draconis (the Walmart pre-order edition with bonus content), but no South Park.

Glad there will be some stores open on Mardi Gras least.

You did ask them for it? The night shift isnt going to have that out already, they dont even know this game exists lol

JimPanzer

so on the german steam site of the game it's stated it's a version with reduced violence - anyone knows what's going on with that?

Grief.exe

Can't talk to this kid and the house isn't showing up on the map. Glitch or reference?

uNpD99F.jpg

Clydefrog

I just opened up the front door of a house to a naked mom, then took a shit in someone's garage.

Use your bow.

Ya...time to reformat.

sorry, i should have mentioned that Butters doesn't have a bow. he just has attack or PP. so in that instance, butters has to attack the guy and get hurt :(

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Can't talk to this kid and the house isn't showing up on the map. Glitch or reference?

uNpD99F.jpg

i don't think every NPC is interact-able, and some will only become your friends when you have a certain amount of friends already.

uNpD99F.jpg

I think some kids/adults are just ppl you can't talk to. I'm wandering all around town and theres a quite a few of NPCs that are just generic ppl it seems but you can whack and shoot

Falcs

Banned
Fricken Nuuvem didn't work out for me.
I'm from Australia, is there any reason why I shouldn't get the game from gmg using a VPN, and then activate it on steam? I'm trying to get my hands on the US/non censored version.
Help anyone pls?

Kind of last minute, is anyone with a PC preorder from Gamestop not using their Super Spaceman Samurai pack code? Didn't learn until last week, when CE preorders were already closed there.

attractivetb

Neo Member
So I'm stuck on the first quest - hoping for a tip....I need something that will
protect me from pepper spray...can't get in to Token's house.

Teknoman

I know I ask this in every new RPG thread, but how is the music? The show doesnt have much in the way of themes aside from the intro, credits, and that twangy scene switch theme (maybe some scene setting tunes here and there, but nothing too noteworthy aside from the fun with weapons theme).

Xyber

Should of known better than invest in the bank...

I knew what I was getting in to. No regrets!

Is it just me or is this game locked at 30fps? You can change Hz in the resolution setting, so I don't get why it would be locked.. It's really stuttery when you move because I'm on 144Hz. Might have to limit to 120 and see if that helps make it smoother.

I know I ask this in every new RPG thread, but how is the music? The show doesnt have much in the way of themes aside from the intro, credits, and that twangy scene switch theme (maybe some scene setting tunes here and there, but nothing too noteworthy aside from the fun with weapons theme).

I've been hearing a lot of songs from the show in stores and stuff. Then there's a song being played when you run around that sound very much like something from LotR. Only played for like 40 minutes or so though.

The music is surprisingly excellent, imo.

Teknoman

I knew what I was getting in to. No regrets!

Is it just me or is this game locked at 30fps? You can change Hz in the resolution setting, so I don't get why it would be locked.. It's really stuttery when you move because I'm on 144Hz. Might have to limit to 120 and see if that helps make it smoother.

Well it is supposed to mimic the show's animation, so maybe thats why?

The music is surprisingly excellent, imo.

Cool, I was planning on buying anyway, but this kinda helps. Probably no difference between versions aside from PC have access to higher resolutions and ability to take screenshots. So now to decide PC or PS3.

golem

Seems so :/

You did ask them for it? The night shift isnt going to have that out already, they dont even know this game exists lol

Oh yeah, I always ask, I think it worked once. Usually around here it's like pulling teeth trying to get someone to go in the back to check anything for you. I got told they checked for someone earlier and it wasn't there yet, and to try back at 7am. Which of course means fuck that, I know Kmart 3 minutes from my house opens at 9 or 10 and has three copies they've been denying me for 3 days :p

Peagles

WARNING ABOUT GREEN MAN GAMING

I'm not sure if this is just a problem for New Zealand, but all of us who bought a key from there got the same error I posted earlier.

Steam said:
Not Available.
Sorry, but the following items are not available for purchase in this country. Your purchase has been cancelled.

Even though it is up on the Steam store available for purchase as per usual...

The DODGY part is that although GMG replied to my support ticket saying they are trying their best to sort it out, they have now begun blocking threads in their forums that have anything to do with Stick of Truth, resulting in 500 internal server errors when you try to read about it.

Now it's possible this is all Ubisoft's fault, but GMG are being very shady and underhanded about the whole thing now...

My advice:

AVOID GMG AT ALL COSTS UNTIL THIS IS FULLY SORTED

I'm a long time customer of GMG but this is the first trouble I've had.

Top Bottom