• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park: The Stick of Truth |OT| Bigger, Longer, and Uncut (In select regions)

BadRNG

Does anyone know if it's safe to sell all the junk you get? I assume it is based on the name but you never know with a game like this. I don't want to end up needing a set of Cartman's mom's toys or something for some side quest.

Absolutely loving the game. I'm still only on the first quest, yet have spent a couple hours just exploring the town.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So I'm an Australian so we got the censored version. I bought it directly from Steam. It VPN activated in the US but it's definitely censored.

Couple of interesting points.

There's a censored flag in some kind of config file (disguised as not a config file). It was set to true. I set it to false. There was also an australian.txt file with some xml inside it, I moved it outside of the folder. It couldn't (and shouldn't) be that easy to uncensor the game....though I'll have to play a considerable amount before I know if it worked or if they actually removed files from the big archive in the censored versions of the game. If anyone can get me a filesize on data_archive.oaf I'll have a better idea of how they're implementing the censorship but without digging any deeper looks like the config tells the game whether or not to use the supplementary data_archive_censored.oaf.

Size: 1.77 GB (1,910,903,674 bytes).

Milennia

No, Arkham stayed with Eidos through its whole development, being handed over was a post-release event (and not until sometime after Square Enix started labeled Eidos games as Square Enix), and checking quickly the development team was bigger: Stick of Truth was at 50, and Arkham Asylum 60 if the South Park Wikia and Wikipedia respectively are to be believed, neither all that big compared to some games actually. And review wise we're talking about a game that was getting piles of 9s and ultimately averaged at 91 on each platform if I'm remembering right, whereas we've only just begun to see Stick of Truth reviews.

Which is the best is down to opinion, yeah, and it may well be on track to be if not the highest rated then at least standing roughly toe to toe with the likes of Arkham Asylum, but like I said the initial statement was really, really easy to rip into.

... then there's the Riddick game, but something's kind of messed up if more people knew about the game first than the original IP.
Fair enough, my knowledge of the Eidos situation was flawed.
All thats left is to wait for the reviews really.

Riddick was indeed odd.
More people played the game then saw the movie iirc as well as some not even knowing the original source existed, pretty funny, good game nonetheless.

Grief.exe

Jesus saves

WfsV2aS.jpg

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I assume it's impossible to play the PC version atm ? Or has anyone region unlocked?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Has anybody who purchased from Nuuvem received a key? I helped someone buy a copy but my games page just says:

Chave ainda não gerada,
pode estar havendo um atraso da produtora.
Key not generated,
there may be a delay in producing.

I'm guessing:

1) Nuuvem has yet to receive keys, or
2) Nuuvem has received keys but ran out, or
3) Nuuvem binned pre-order keys after the game unlocked and is waiting on post-release keys

Axiom

The moment I hear this game is easy to uncensor on PC is the moment I buy it. Right now I'm sitting on the fence, though I want it so badly.

Clydefrog

game's a little borked:

i got beat up badly by a group of elves at stark's pond. i loaded the game and... what, no one is at stark's pond! :(

Grief.exe

Let's document where everyone found the Kindergartners.

Farm
Lake
To the Right of playground
Sewer

I've found one more, but I can't remember where.

saunderez

Size: 1.77 GB (1,910,903,674 bytes).

We might be in luck, exactly the same size. I'll have to get playing, only way we're gonna find out.

The moment I hear this game is easy to uncensor on PC is the moment I buy it. Right now I'm sitting on the fence, though I want it so badly.

I'm working on it, won't be able to tell until I reach a censored scene though.

If anyone with a censored version of the game wants to try what I've done, the config file is

South Park - The Stick of Truth\data\game.oeisku

Change <Censored>True</Censored> to <Censored>False</Censored>

And the australian.txt was in the root folder for the game. If you have a censored version from a region other than Australia I'd expect to see a country.txt. I simply moved this file out of the folder so I can drag it back in there if anything goes wrong.

Top Bottom