• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park: The Stick of Truth |OT| Bigger, Longer, and Uncut (In select regions)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I am entering the GMG code where it says "voucher" and it isn't working. :-/

Should I be entering it somewhere else?

Ah, it seems the current voucher code doesn't work with the game (the previous one did). If you're in North/Central/South America, you can buy it from GameFly, but otherwise there's Get Games.

Grief.exe

Well, we knew it was going to happen

RPS:

My personal position is that I have the right to be offended, and will fight for that right. How much I want to choose to take part in the creation of that offence is something I’ve yet to work out. The Stick Of Truth crossed the line for me a couple of times. Hell, just the use of worn swastikas and recorded Nazi audio being shouted by zombie attackers feels a bit shit, before that goes far, far further. (However, when it’s cows doing it, I find it purely hilarious. I am a hypocrite, if nothing else.)

Dr Dogg

Has anybody who purchased from Nuuvem received a key? I helped someone buy a copy but my games page just says:

I'm guessing:

1) Nuuvem has yet to receive keys, or
2) Nuuvem has received keys but ran out, or
3) Nuuvem binned pre-order keys after the game unlocked and is waiting on post-release keys

Same situ for me. I'm assuming they haven't received them yet as someone tweeted them and they responded by saying they should be available at 19:00 CET.

Yeah I'm getting the message that my key hasn't been generated and there will be a delay.

Someone asked them on twitter and their response was they should be available around 19:00 CET.

The one time I'm glad work is going be a long day.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Let's document where everyone found the Kindergartners.

Farm
Lake
To the Right of playground
Sewer

I've found one more, but I can't remember where.

There's one behind the counter of the Bank as well, that one took me ages.

How is the frame rate on PS3? Some reviews have said it's choppy.

PS3 version here, yes it gets a bit choppy every time the auto-save icon is up. I wish there was an option to turn off auto saving entirely. Since it's an Obsidian game, you'd be stupid not to make a couple of manual backups :p

Frame rate holds fine during battles etc though.

Had some money set aside for this, but then my cat needed an emergency vet visit this weekend, so now I'll just have to contend myself with South Park re-runs (Free Wilzyx will ease the pain) for now. Game looks incredible; a love letter from Trey and Matt (with a little help from Obsidian) to their fans. I also like the fact that this is a short compact game where you don't have to spend 20 hours to get the good bit that actually isn't really that good to begin with *coughFFXIIIcough* As you get older, shorter games have so much more allure than 70 hour games with a ton of filler.

As I'm typing this my costly kitty has jumped on my lap, meowing and kneading. Damn it, kitty, you cost me The Stick of Truth (for a week or two). Enjoy the game, guys and gals, it looks almost as good as Hello Kitty - Island Adventure. I need to cheese for the next two weeks to pass the time.

Also for those having issues finding
the homeless people,most are in the sewer but there is one area to the left of the South Park town sign I believe. You'll see a tree with a bird nest, go behind the tree to find a path to a camp of bums. That one took me forever to find but luckily a fellow gaf member helped me there :)

Lusankya

Oh for goodness' sake. I thought it was uncensored on PC?

Depends on your region. The Australian PC version is no different from the console version and while the German/Austrian PC version doesn't have the same cuts as the console version, the swastikas are still missing.

MNC

Someone told me the game is pretty bug ridden (its an obsidian game after all) any opinions on that? Hoe bad is it?

DannyCool

I bought it because it seemed like the game was released on Steam. But it just says preloaded (I live in Norway) is there anyway to bypass/use VPN or something so i can start playing it now?

Gotta love this place's generosity. Trying to find a way to convince my wife to let me get the game... it's 4am right now, I have time to work out my strategy.

Incredibly generous, indeed. Congrats to the lucky git who got that code. I have to find a way to scramble something together or wait till a week on Monday. I rarely buy games on day one, but being a massive South Park fan, and seeing the mostly positive reviews has exploded the inner fanboy in me. I need this now. For once, it's a game that won't go into the abyss of my Steam backlog.

Delio

Jesus this game is a ton of fun. I cant stop playing it! Also stacking stun + fire + gross out damage is lovely.

Incredibly generous, indeed. Congrats to the lucky git who got that code. I have to find a way to scramble something together or wait till a week on Monday. I rarely buy games on day one, but being a massive South Park fan, and seeing the mostly positive reviews has exploded the inner fanboy in me. I need this now. For once, it's a game that won't go into the abyss of my Steam backlog.

I made the mistake of watching the 3 black friday episodes while I was waiting for reviews to come up... then I saw lots of good reviews. Hype is high, cash is low.

Nillansan

We might be in luck, exactly the same size. I'll have to get playing, only way we're gonna find out.

I'm working on it, won't be able to tell until I reach a censored scene though.

If anyone with a censored version of the game wants to try what I've done, the config file is

South Park - The Stick of Truth\data\game.oeisku

Change <Censored>True</Censored> to <Censored>False</Censored>

And the australian.txt was in the root folder for the game. If you have a censored version from a region other than Australia I'd expect to see a country.txt. I simply moved this file out of the folder so I can drag it back in there if anything goes wrong.

I am looking forward to your findings. I am personally not going to be affected by the censorship as I am getting the UK PC version on Amazon.co.uk, but your investigation is nonetheless interesting.

Jibbed

What's going on in this thread haha, crazy how generous some of you folk are.

I don't wanna be that douche who kicks off the next 12 pages of code-begging so I'll wait til the game's a bit more affordable before I indulge myself. The GameTrailers review has got me pretty damn hyped though, I love how many references and characters they've managed to include.

dk_

I live in Germany and don't have a credit card. Is there any way to get a US Steam code? Wanted to buy it today in my local Gamestop. My face melted when they told me it's censored. :-((

JaseC

Ok...still not seeing anywhere to type in the promo code on gamefly digital....

You're not looking very hard. ;)

gamefly0tdv0.jpg

I live in Germany and don't have a credit card. Is there any way to get a US Steam code? Wanted to buy it today in my local Gamestop. My face melted when they told me it's censored. :-((

If you have a PayPal account you can cover the cost of a key from Get Games. I'd usually recommend Nuuvem but I still haven't received my key.

JaseC

To those who have the AU copy of the game, how bad is the censorship? I can still cancel the pre order

I believe it's the same as the general European censorship albeit with a crying koala screen.

That's a censored version I heard.

He'd be giving the money to a US GAFer to buy a US key. Plus I was supposed to say Get Games as it still has a 20% early bird discount on the game. ;)

Edit: As per meanspartan's post below, apparently VRW14X-M2YVEU-B0C9OT knocks off 25% over at GMG.

Top Bottom