• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park: The Stick of Truth |OT| Bigger, Longer, and Uncut (In select regions)

You can avoid having to use VPN again if you create a steam_appid.txt with 213670 written it and put it in the same folder with the game exe. Then you can launch the game directly with the exe at any time.

I already have a file like that, though, so I guess it disappears if I go online with Steam? Then I can just make a new one?

SheHateMe

Stupid Winter Storm Titan!

My delivery has been delayed due to the storm, so it sits in Washington, DC, taunting me.

I'm SO ready to play this game.

Stitch

Gold Member
I already have a file like that, though, so I guess it disappears if I go online with Steam? Then I can just make a new one?

no it doesn't disappear. just start the game with the exe.
works without vpn (of couse you have to unlock it with a vpn first)

Definity

Does the 360 controller work fine with the PC version of this game?
I didn't see it as an option on the steam store page.

Tunnelbear and FlyVPN are both currently at capacity. What have you folks been using who've successfully VPN'd the region lock away?

edit
Spammed FlyVPN and got in eventually.

LAM09

Has anyone got the PS3 version, and if so; what is the performance of the game like?

P.S. Isn't the patch out today?

natertots

Reading everyone's thoughts on the game is killing me. Hoping I can catch a sale sometime soon otherwise I will be waiting for a long time to play this one.

I'll have to keep looking for a cheap key somewhere.

RPGCrazied

Has anyone got the PS3 version, and if so; what is the performance of the game like?

P.S. Isn't the patch out today?

I wish digital foundry would come out when game releases, so you can see, other than PC, what the better console version is.

Peff

Tunnelbear and FlyVPN are both currently at capacity. What have you folks been using who've successfully VPN'd the region lock away?

I think those two are for when the game is out in Asia first. If it's unlocked in the US, which is the case, use Spotflux.

Does the 360 controller work fine with the PC version of this game?
I didn't see it as an option on the steam store page.

Yep, 360 icons and everything.

OK, I have my food, I have my cherry coke and I've VPNed the shit out of Steam; so, now it's time to go jacking it in South Park for a few hours.
Courtesy of Clydefrog. I raise my glass to you.

By the way, I used FlyVPN and just hammered away at the connect button until I got in.

Xater

Sp should I unlock the game via VPN now do I always have to use one or can I stop with that once it's officially out here in Europe?

BearPawB

Banned
Reading everyone's thoughts on the game is killing me. Hoping I can catch a sale sometime soon otherwise I will be waiting for a long time to play this one.

I'll have to keep looking for a cheap key somewhere.

Got it for $45 from that gmg code that was floating around

dk_

There's a rumor that Ubisoft printed the wrong master for Germany and the first batch basically is the US version w/o region lock.

Pezking

There's a rumor that Ubisoft printed the wrong master for Germany and the first batch basically is the US version w/o region lock.

Yes, I heard that as well. German wholesalers are contacting stores, because Ubisoft is calling back all copies of the game. The apparently used the wrong master, and the entire initial shipment for Germany contains the uncensored american version of the game, both for 360 and PS3.

natertots

Got it for $45 from that gmg code that was floating around

Thanks for the heads up. Looks like I'm going to have to do some trading in at this point. Might get rid of my 2DS and get some steam funds. Not ideal, but I've been wanting this game for far too long.

Killzig

Hate the combat system. It's equal parts easy and tedious. Enjoying everything else for the most part. Am I right in saying there is ZERO dialog and the PC is a mute? Also, to add to Jason's reports of bugs. I had an incident this morning where I successfully defended two attacks and had an attack of opportunity never execute. PC just stood there while the 'elf' was on all fours in front of him. No matter how many times I clicked. Had to load previous checkpoint.

Xater

Yes, I heard that as well. German wholesalers are contacting stores, because Ubisoft is calling back all copies of the game. The apparently used the wrong master, and the entire initial shipment for Germany contains the uncensored american version of the game, both for 360 and PS3.

Ahahaha, people better act fast and run tot he stores.

Andrew.

Banned
I dont know how Im going to be able to hide playing this from my mom. She hates South Park and will beat me if she sees me playing it.

Andrew.

Banned

I mean, I was fine with that one Beastie Boys album. I was able to scratch off the Parental Advisory sticker (even though it still showed residue and she found out later. I was only grounded for two months though).

But this is totally different and I dont have headphones. Shes gonna hear all of the bad language and stuff. I know it.

DedValve

Banned
So I went to GameStop to sell a few games and I also had 3$ credit from many moons ago (haven't shopped in that shitty place in months) and immediately they try to sell me a new ps3 copy already open. Im pretty anal about sealed copies but fortunately they had a sealed 360 copy.

Thanks to the used games (did not expect dragons dogma or left 4 dead to sell so high) it came out to a whopping total of $12.51

Feels good man.

I mean, I was fine with that one Beastie Boys album. I was able to scratch off the Parental Advisory sticker (even though it still showed residue and she found out later. I was only grounded for two months though).

But this is totally different and I dont have headphones. Shes gonna hear all of the bad language and stuff. I know it.

They always find out. Never leave residue behind. Always clean up your residue. Also, take your beating. Small price to pay for South Park.

downloaded it this morning and im in love with this game just got to the
part where u get abducted was not expecting that to happen lol

Locust

I'm not sure, did you check that the file isn't empty? That definitely worked with Thief last week and other games before it.

I'm still unable to get the decrypting going on through VPN, tried like 4 different ones. Anyone else had problems?

I've asked this before but I'm asking again just to be 100% sure I don't fuck myself over. Does anyone know if the copy included in the Grand Wizard edition is just a regular retail copy without that "NOT FOR RESALE" bullshit? BestBuy.ca is garbage so my Grand Wizard copy won't arrive until the 10th because they sent it to Quebec by accident for some unknown reason but I REALLY need this game injected in my veins. Could I go buy the retail version today and return the copy I get with my Grand Wizard edition!?
Yikes! What is this "NOT FOR RESALE" thing about? I have a friend who is buying it today but won't be playing it until the weekend, so he was going to let me borrow it for the time being. Is there some sort of one time activation code that comes with the game?

I'm in the US/playing on 360, if that's relevant.

phew, thought you were serious for a sec haha

Midn1ght

Don't care man ! Just Play !

Professorchaos2009.jpg

Andrew.

Banned
They always find out. Never leave residue behind. Always clean up your residue. Also, take your beating. Small price to pay for South Park.

Goo Gone wasnt invented yet at the time. I was doomed either way.

Im just gonna wait til she passes out from her nightly dose of Valium and Schlitz.

Glad that this is finally out and I can talk about it. I absolutely had a blast playing this game and my video review reflects this perfectly. This game had me laughing and smiling the entire game. A rarity these days folks. It might have some minor issues, it might be shorter then most RPGS but it's also a more memorable, hilarious, silly RPG that has as much heart as it does jokes. This was a labor of love, you can just tell. Hope you all enjoy it as much as I did. Also if you guys have any questions on the game, I'm more then happy to answer them. I have done everything aside from find all facebook friends and missing one collectible.

I've been playing this with a permanent smile on my face for the last twenty minutes. I've been on this giddy high that I'm playing an episode of South Park and it's exactly like the show. I don't think we'll ever see a license that nails it quite like this. It's arcade perfect.

parabolee

Oh no! Green Man Gaming is showing as SOLD OUT!

I didn't realise that was even possible. Anyone know of anywhere else I can get a good deal on the PC version?

Thanks

Vitor711

Oh no! Green Man Gaming is showing as SOLD OUT!

I didn't realise that was even possible. Anyone know of anywhere else I can get a good deal on the PC version?

Thanks

Nuuvem are sending out their codes later tonight. So it's not as instantaneous as Steam or GMG but at $43, it's the best deal out there.

Brazilian website but the icons are obvious enough to make it easy to navigate for non-native speakers.

Top Bottom