• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park: The Stick of Truth |OT| Bigger, Longer, and Uncut (In select regions)

Jim

Is the 360 version stuttering really that big of an issue?

Like I said in the review thread.

The console versions definitely have loading-induced stuttering if you sort of rush through an area as soon as it loads. If you wait a second or so, it's not really an issue. Not sure if the patch will clean that up. Other than that the game looks great.

Ubisoft recommends you do a full install on the 360 version right in their review notes.

Also, the game is pretty easy, so don't be afraid to play on Hardcore.

I thought the game was region locked, so people from other region had to use the VPN for the key activation, not after.

The game doesn't launch in some territories until the 6th. Using a NA VPN allows people in these regions, who own the game, to play early.

Uh my Amazon order still says 'Preparing to Ship' and that I won't get it til next Monday. What fucking gives? They're usually great about shipping my preorders out early and getting to me the day or two after release.

ttocs

Are you able to switch classes ever or do you pick one up front and just play that for the duration of the game?

Gala

Question regarding the hunting quest:
How do I get to Canada?

And whats up with the forest?

Also how do I get to
the crabman
in the Sewer?

KiDdYoNe

Okay, managed to install that VPN programm. Now it says to me that RU version (of course) cannot be played/activated in US.

Fuck that. I tried, tried hard, but now i don't give a shit if Butters is not pleased.

lindseybp

Damn I cannot find a PS3 grand wizard edition at a brick and mortar store anywhere. Seems like most didn't get any in besides gamestop and those are only for preorders. I tried Target, Walmart, Best Buy, Meijer, ToysRus and several gamestops and came up with nothing. Anybody seen one in a store yet?

Sendou

I'm sorry to ask such a common question but is 30€ from GMG a good price or can I get even better deal somewhere else?

Like I said in the review thread.

The console versions definitely have loading-induced stuttering if you sort of rush through an area as soon as it loads. If you wait a second or so, it's not really an issue. Not sure if the patch will clean that up. Other than that the game looks great.

Ubisoft recommends you do a full install on the 360 version right in their review notes.

Also, the game is pretty easy, so don't be afraid to play on Hardcore.

Thanks, doesn't sound as bad as I first thought.

I really want this game but I think there might eventually be a next gen version with more content added. I doubt it would look any better but I'd love to have an extra hour of content or whatever they decide to add. I just feel like the opportunity for the publisher to milk this one is too great for a port not to happen.

Mondy

Banned
This game is fucking awesome. Playing on Hardcore on the first run makes it so much better. I just played like 5-6 hours nonstop and I haven't done that for a game in ages. I think I'm in love, GAF.

Also, has anyone managed to successfully finish the toilet minigame? Because that is fucking hard to do.

abundant

Well, my copy won't be coming in until tomorrow, even though I got release date delivery from Amazon. Now I know to never preorder from Amazon so late (Friday before release).

Can't wait to start playing the game later tonight. It's going to be a longggggg day at work!

(Assuming Amazon delivers it on time $%@#$$!@)

UnrealEck

So.... the manbearpig quest....

How do I place the defibrillator in the sewer?

It's a pre-determined area you set it at. You attatch it to an item in the scene. You don't go into your menu or anything and select it. It's just a "Press A" button prompt.

Jim

So.... the manbearpig quest....

How do I place the defibrillator in the sewer?

Assuming you've
found your way into the sewer from the open manhole cover, you place it on the machine you find soon after you start exploring the area. You just interact with it

ttocs

I really want this game but I think there might eventually be a next gen version with more content added. I doubt it would look any better but I'd love to have an extra hour of content or whatever they decide to add. I just feel like the opportunity for the publisher to milk this one is too great for a port not to happen.

If they release a ton of DLC, maybe, but I doubt it. They may do a game of the year type thing but they won't do a HD version because you really can't get any more HD with cartoons.

antibolo

Banned
Any PS3 version owners? Does it run OK?

I cancelled my pre-order after seeing the reviews complaining about performance problems in the 360 version. And of course since this is an American multiplatform game, as usual no reviewer appears to have gotten the PS3 version for review, so I have no way of knowing for sure if it's as bad (but I assume it is, because these companies always consider the PS3 version an afterthought).

The PC version apparently has less problems, but I really prefer playing on consoles. Hopefully the current and upcoming patches will fix most of the issues.

Mondy

Banned
Any PS3 version owners? Does it run OK?

Jitters while the game is quick saving are noticeable at first but you get used to them pretty quickly. It is by no means a deal breaker.

I am still in shock that I just played 5 hours of an Obsidian game without encountering a single major bug.

antibolo

Banned
Jitters while the game is quick saving are noticeable at first but you get used to them pretty quickly. It is by no means a deal breaker.

I am still in shock that I just played 5 hours of an Obsidian game without encountering a single major bug.

Sounds acceptable. I'll probably pick up this game in a store on Friday after work.

UnrealEck

If you have a decent PC, I really reccomend you buy that version. The loading times are a bit longer on console and there's quite a lot of loading screens. There's also stuttering on consoles which can be avoided. Plus it can be had at a lesser price.
Someone in this thread said it runs frame rate capped on his HD 4670 with a Core 2 Duo.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Holy shit, watching the Giant Bomb QuickLook, in the Donkey cellar or whatever they got the sound effect for the cheap laughing Halloween decorations exactly right

I need to buy this game

Tucah

you speak so well
Man, this game is absolutely everything I wanted it to be. It's kind of surreal to feel like I'm playing an episode of the show but everything looks perfect. The writing is top notch and often very funny, the battle mechanics are very fun and there's a ton of stuff packed in here for a South Park fan like me. I haven't hit any bugs yet but seeing as this is an Obsidian game I expect to see some soon.

El Odio

Banned
I've only skimmed through the last few pages so sorry if it's already been discussed but has anyone else have graphic issues when
You had to break Craig out of school? Anytime a cutscene would play during that quest the screen would just be black while the audio would play.

Is the GMG version censored if I buy in Germany? I just moved here and am having to get used to bypassing all this ridiculous censorship.

void666

Banned
Got lost in the woods and after a long time aimlessly wandering around
my parents came and grounded me. :(

Anyway to unlock the fps? 30 fps is making me sick. I took a look in the inis inside the game folder but found nothing fps related.

I can either get this on my Xbox 360, or go for the uncensored PC version.

Problem is my laptop is a Core i3 2367m with HD 3000 graphics chipset, so i'm not quite sure if its enough.

Any advice?

Andrew.

Banned
Just scored my copy. All the local GS got in were preorders. There was absolutely no regular copies that weren't reserved. Pretty weird.

yatesl

Just played 70 minutes after using a VPN (hope I don't get banned...)

Very fun!

Edit: I'm disappointed that it's only 30fps on PC. I know it's not a high action game, and it's based on a cartoon itself (so attempts to mimic the animation), but they could still do the same without the frame panning being so choppy.

Fixed1979

Farting is difficult... don't know what I'm doing wrong.

I struggled when I did the tutorial, I was thinking I had to find a rhythm with the stick to get it in frequency. I seriously tried it about 8 times before realizing that you just need to move the stick to where the frequency shows up. Like turning the dial on a radio not like trying to match a metronome...

Ferrio

Banned
I struggled when I started thinking I had to find a rhythm with the stick to get it in frequency, I seriously tried it about 8 times before realizing that you just need to move the stick to where the frequency shows up. Like turning the dial on a radio not like trying to match a metronome...

Except there's no actual indicator past the tutorial, just gotta feel for the vibrations... seems finnicky as hell.

Fixed1979

Except there's no actual indicator past the tutorial, just gotta feel for the vibrations... seems finnicky as hell.

Oh, didn't realize that. By the time I finished the fart tutorial I knew it was time for bed so I didn't have a chance to actually use it in battle.

Jim

Oh, didn't realize that. By the time I finished the fart tutorial I knew it was time for bed so I didn't have a chance to actually use it in battle.

The whole metronome part is only for initially learning the fart magics. Once you unlock it, the command in battle is: Right stick down -- (wait for visual indicator) -- Right stick up.

Top Bottom