• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park: The Stick of Truth |OT| Bigger, Longer, and Uncut (In select regions)

tanuki

About 4 hours into the PS3 version, so far so good. Some frame-rate drops when running around, and the audio mix is a bit screwy, (had to turn down the music level to about 85), but apart from that, amazing stuff so far. Just been running around town and doing some side missions, only done the first main mission. Great stuff.

Played an hour or so. This is perfect. The humor is genius, the animation is perfectly crappy, Cartman's poking fun at the game's mechanics, it's great. It's glorious. I want to play more.

Pedersen

I just bought it from GMG and I cant find the key anywhere, and this is written on their key FAQ: "Keys are sent out on the release date for your region."

Do I really have to wait until the 6th to get a key?:S

UnrealEck

7 hours into the game and I watched Kevin Van Ord's review on GameSpot and I totally agree with it. The game's setting, characters, presentation etc match the show perfectly, though the gameplay is a little shallow. It's just fun enough though and the fact that it's a well presented South Park game is really what's pushing me to keep playing.

Ryu1999

Make sure you move it behind them but close enough to get them to move. Well depending on what part your refering to when using it.

Well I'm trying to do it at the tutorial and
Randy is standing in the middle of the bathroom and the fart's basically floating to the other side of the room and no way to get it "behind" him
...unless I'm missing something?

Does anyone know how to get the pre-order bonuses from Steam? I tried looking around and didn't get an email with a key and not seeing any DLC in the in-game menu.

Is it something that unlocks later on?

Mononoke

Banned
There's a config file and nearly everything is disabled by default, wonder why

Code:
; Application override configuration file

[Engine.Render]
default_gamma			= 1.0
full_screen			= 1
shadow_quality			= 3
support_aspect_ratio_4_3	= false
support_aspect_ratio_16_10	= false
support_aspect_ratio_custom	= false
use_directx_11			= false
separate_dimensions		= 1
support_skinning		= false

; render post-process settings
enable_postprocess                      = true
enable_depth_of_field                   = false
enable_bloom                            = false
enable_antialias                        = false
enable_color_correction                 = false
enable_color_controls			= false
enable_fog				= false
enable_heat_haze                        = true
enable_transparent_depth 		= false
motion_blur_enable                      = false
motion_blur_scale                       = 0.5
motion_blur_max_length                  = 0.3
movie_sharpen_amount			= 0.0
movie_sharpen_radius			= 0.0
scaleform_edge_aa                       = 1.0

[Engine.Perf]
; perf_marker_categories_enabled is a bit field. The value defs
; are in oei_perf_marker.h.
; PERF_MARKER_CATEGORY_RENDER = 0x00000001;
; PERF_MARKER_CATEGORY_GAME	=   0x00000002;
perf_marker_categories_enabled = 0
log_disc_access = false

[Game.Default]
project_name			= South Park - The Stick of Truth
demo_mode			= false
disable_warnings	= false

[Game.Audio]
listener_offset = 8.0
listener_separation = 16.0

[Game.Mouse]
clip_to_screen		= false
use_hardware_mouse	= true

[Game.GUI]
curve_tolerance			= 3.0
collinearity_tolerance		= 3.0
skip_single_node	= false

Sorry to bump, but is there not a way to force a 16:10 aspect ratio? I really don't get why games LOCK it at an aspect ratio. I get why it's not supported in the default options (because 16:9 is the standard). Why does it have to be locked?

Krakle

I just bought it from GMG and I cant find the key anywhere, and this is written on their key FAQ: "Keys are sent out on the release date for your region."

Do I really have to wait until the 6th to get a key?:S

I just bought it and don't have a key either. There's has a big "Pre-load now" logo on the site, so I'm hoping we get one soon.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
So is this a bug....

How the hell do you get the "secret ingredient" from the meth heads? I beat them, searched the room and nothing. I assume it's in the chest behind the fire, but there seems to be no way to put it out. I've tried interacting with everything in the room.

AND WHY THE HELL IS THERE NO CONTROL CUSTOMIZATION!?

The game is bloody phenomenal and runs like butter on my ancient Core 2 Duo laptop coupled with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4670 card.

Seems to be capped to 30 FPS though, according to FRAPS. Is that normal?

I can't seem to get it to run any faster than that even if the resolution is lowered to 640x480.

JambiBum

Does anyone know how to get the pre-order bonuses from Steam? I tried looking around and didn't get an email with a key and not seeing any DLC in the in-game menu.

Is it something that unlocks later on?

It shows up in your toy chest in your room once you finish the fighting tutorial.

The game is bloody phenomenal and runs like butter on my ancient Core 2 Duo laptop coupled with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4670 card.

Seems to be capped to 30 FPS though, according to FRAPS. Is that normal?

I can't seem to get it to run any faster than that even if the resolution is lowered to 640x480.

I think it's capped at 30 to emulate the show.

So is this a bug....

How the hell do you get the "secret ingredient" from the meth heads? I beat them, searched the room and nothing. I assume it's in the chest behind the fire, but there seems to be no way to put it out. I've tried interacting with everything in the room.

Climb up the ladder and knock the plank down.

sn00zer

So South Park game is good and new Batman game was announced featuring the Scarecrow as the main villain?
tumblr_lriek103P21qi5r5io1_500.gif

Xater

Is this game easy? I need to know if I should just start on hardcore, or can you change the difficulty mid game?

Krakle

For those that bought a key from GMG but haven't received their key, a staff member just posted this on the forum:

Hi all,

Per the thread here if you haven't received your key please contact our support team by opening a ticket (as some of you have done already) here

Kureizu

I've been stuck on the class selection screen for five minutes and I still don't know what to play as first. They all look great =(

Grief.exe

So is this a bug....

Climb the ladder in the back, walk right, pay attention to glinting objects.

Answers both of your problems, and Man Bear Pig quest.

Grief.exe

Is this game easy? I need to know if I should just start on hardcore, or can you change the difficulty mid game?

You can change the difficulty at any time in the options.

I would suggest getting used to the timings first before you bump up the difficulty.

FrankWza

Hate the combat system. It's equal parts easy and tedious. Enjoying everything else for the most part. Am I right in saying there is ZERO dialog and the PC is a mute? Also, to add to Jason's reports of bugs. I had an incident this morning where I successfully defended two attacks and had an attack of opportunity never execute. PC just stood there while the 'elf' was on all fours in front of him. No matter how many times I clicked. Had to load previous checkpoint.

Happened to me...first battle

Daffy Duck

So how do you:

complete the man bear pig side quest?

What am I missing?

So is this a bug....

See the ladder at the back of the room?

;)

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Well, well. I assume this game will be the source of my next wallpapers:

(Its a screenshot of the second room.. so I guess this doesnt count as spoilers)

SLV

My game unlocks on the 6th, but i bought it today after the US steam unlock, technically i got in a pre order for europe, what happens to the Steam pre order bonuses if i choose to vpn it to the us steam store ?

Top Bottom