• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park: The Stick of Truth |OT| Bigger, Longer, and Uncut (In select regions)

Sanctuary

God, I'm not sure how far I am yet
just left the Alien space ship
, but
Butters
is freaking awesome so far, and with my current setup, I basically have infinite PP with him, and almost solo due to on hit effects. His specials are really great too.

The whole metronome part is only for initially learning the fart magics. Once you unlock it, the command in battle is: Right stick down -- (wait for visual indicator) -- Right stick up.

I'm not noticing any visual indicator, and am just guessing due to the intensity at which the controller is vibrating. For the first one you get anyway.

Grief.exe

Just played 70 minutes after using a VPN (hope I don't get banned...)

Very fun!

Edit: I'm disappointed that it's only 30fps on PC. I know it's not a high action game, and it's based on a cartoon itself (so attempts to mimic the animation), but they could still do the same without the frame panning being so choppy.

You won't get banned.

SLV

Download almost done, wine ready

xJ9TjMpl.jpg

The right SONG playing... SOON !

FrankWza

Hate the combat system. It's equal parts easy and tedious. Enjoying everything else for the most part. Am I right in saying there is ZERO dialog and the PC is a mute? Also, to add to Jason's reports of bugs. I had an incident this morning where I successfully defended two attacks and had an attack of opportunity never execute. PC just stood there while the 'elf' was on all fours in front of him. No matter how many times I clicked. Had to load previous checkpoint.

Happened to me...first battle

Same here

Any PS3 version owners? Does it run OK?

I cancelled my pre-order after seeing the reviews complaining about performance problems in the 360 version. And of course since this is an American multiplatform game, as usual no reviewer appears to have gotten the PS3 version for review, so I have no way of knowing for sure if it's as bad (but I assume it is, because these companies always consider the PS3 version an afterthought).

The PC version apparently has less problems, but I really prefer playing on consoles. Hopefully the current and upcoming patches will fix most of the issues.

Jitters while the game is quick saving are noticeable at first but you get used to them pretty quickly. It is by no means a deal breaker.

I am still in shock that I just played 5 hours of an Obsidian game without encountering a single major bug.

This is the only bug so far on the ps3 version I've seen. Load times are fine so far too. Haven't been longer than 3-4 seconds

yatesl

You won't get banned.

So I have a related question. I'm back in my home country, so I can't launch South Park as it's 'preloaded'. However, if I go to steamapps\common\South Park - The Stick of Truth\ and run "South Park - The Stick of Truth.exe", it launches the game, along with the Steam overlay and everything.

... Think that'll get me banned?

Jim

God, I'm not sure how far I am yet
just left the Alien space ship
, but
Butters
is freaking awesome so far, and with my current setup, I basically have infinite PP with him, and almost solo due to on hit effects. His specials are really great too.
I'm not noticing any visual indicator, and am just guessing due to the intensity at which the controller is vibrating. For the first one you get anyway.

Depending on the magic there is usually a clear cloud of sorts that forms after holding down for a second. The tips even mention to look for it.

This is the only bug so far on the ps3 version I've seen. Load times are fine so far too. Haven't been longer than 3-4 seconds
I've had a problem in the sewer when
I lost a battle right after rescuing Cornwallis, and when the checkpoint reloaded, the enemies were gone but he was stuck and couldn't be rescued
. Is the day 1 patch out yet? Hopefully it fixes it.

UnrealEck

This game works perfectly through Steam's streaming service.

How does the cartman doll feel in the hands? Could you see yourself snuggling with it in bed before sleep time?

It's made of a sort of soft plastic material. Sort of rubbery plastic. It's not a stuffed toy.

Grief.exe

So I have a related question. I'm back in my home country, so I can't launch South Park as it's 'preloaded'. However, if I go to steamapps\common\South Park - The Stick of Truth\ and run "South Park - The Stick of Truth.exe", it launches the game, along with the Steam overlay and everything.

You will never get banned for running a game, no matter what method you use to do so.

I've been doing similar stuff for over a year and others doing it for longer. You won't get banned for it

yatesl

You will never get banned for running a game, no matter what method you use to do so.

I've been doing similar stuff for over a year and others doing it for longer. You won't get banned for it

Great! I figured so as I'm not using it to bypass pricing, and they probably wouldn't want me to stop spending £100 on Steam sales!

I just wasn't sure that, it's one thing having a US IP play the game, but a UK IP play the game before release...

Had to dodge parades, 34 degree rain, my close Kmart being closed today, and every Gamestop that was open being sold out on PS3, but I eventually found one lone copy at the scary Kmart by the Chuck E Cheese.

I swear, I dunno what's wrong with me, but I can't stop chuckling even at little things like the walking animation.

UnrealEck

I was leaning PC. Just didn't know if there were any game breaking bugs/ bad port, etc.

I think the same bugs are in all versions of the game. It just runs smoother and loads quicker on PC, so it's just generally a nicer experience. Oh and it's cheaper.

ryanmac

Banned
I think the same bugs are in all versions of the game. It just runs smoother and loads quicker on PC, so it's just generally a nicer experience. Oh and it's cheaper.

I just paid $59.99 on Steam.. so I don't know how it's cheaper, unless I missed a deal! Oops..

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Thanks :) Bough it. Any way to unlock it earlier than the official 2 days 1 hour estimate Steam gives? I live in Finland if it is relevant here.

- Download and install Spotflux
- Run Spotflux and, after a connection has been established, type "What's my IP" into Google to ensure it's changed
- Restart Steam

At this point you can either switch Steam to Offline Mode and then kill the VPN (this will allow you to play on-and-off without needing to load the VPN again) or leave the VPN running and continue playing while online. Killing the VPN while Steam is online will cause your in-game status to cease and this can cause issues with achievement triggers.

PC version isn't censored anywhere

Germany and Austria: No Nazi references
Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Taiwan and Singapore: Same as the European censorship albeit with a crying koala screen (retail copies outside of Australia may be exempt)

davewiththeid

Neo Member
I'm about 12 hours in -- I have a question for everyone who's beaten the game:

Is Al Gore also the only enemy who gave you any trouble whatsoever? Those SS guys are killer. Also, Gore has to be the best gag in the game. The FB feed spamming is so perfect.

JakeD

couple hours in and im loving it so far... does the difficulty ramp up at all? i'm
only at the school to break the kid out of detention
but i'm finding it a tad too easy. i dont remember picking a difficulty come to think of it..

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
couple hours in and im loving it so far... does the difficulty ramp up at all? i'm
only at the school to break the kid out of detention
but i'm finding it a tad too easy. i dont remember picking a difficulty come to think of it..

It's in the options menu.

Peagles

- Download and install Spotflux
- Run Spotflux and, after a connection has been established, type "What's my IP" into Google to ensure it's changed
- Restart Steam

At this point you can either switch Steam to Offline Mode and then kill the VPN (this will allow you to play on-and-off without needing to load the VPN again) or leave the VPN running and continue playing while online. Killing the VPN while Steam is online will cause your in-game status to cease and this can cause issues with achievement triggers.

Germany and Austria: No Nazi references
Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Taiwan and Singapore: Same as the European censorship albeit with a crying koala screen (retail copies outside of Australia may be exempt)

Oh what?! Now NZ PC version is censored?! Fucking lying Ubisoft.

Andrew.

Banned
I dont know if anyone has downloaded pre order bonuses, but they corrupted my data even before the game installed. I deleted them after I got the notification and the game then reinstalled and is fine for now.

But yeah, the DLC bonuses fucked my shit right up.

PS3 version

Grief.exe

Kindergartners.

• Farm
  • Lake
  • Bank - Behind Counter
  • To the Right of playground
  • Sewer
  • I've found one more, but I can't remember where.

Homeless Camps

• U-Stor - inside Truck on the right
  • Kenny's house - right side? Not 100% sure if I am remembering this one right
  • Jimmy's House - Go right once, path behind tree.

Mudo

Well I bought this using the 25% of GMG coupon. I have seen South Park maybe 4 or 5 times ever and only know a little about it. Is there something I can read or watch to give me a crash course so I'm not totally lost, or am I just screwed and going to miss a lot of references regardless? I'm excited anyways and can't wait to dig in after work!

Andrew.

Banned
Also, is there supposed to be a bit of a delay to your friends list after you get a friend request?

Either it takes a little while to update or Im looking in the wrong sub menu.

Dicer

Banned
Anyone giving this a try via wine? I've been fitzin with it and hasn't gotten me far yet, if you are and have it working let me know :)

I get past the company logo's then a black screen I can hear the epic music though, so close yet so far...

deleted

try OQE4LG-WEQPSE-SMCME1, I don't think the vouchers on their frontpage work for anything

Doesn't work for me anymore neither - didn't have my CC at hand when I wanted to order this noon and now it doesn't take the coded from their front page anymore... strange.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Doesn't work for me anymore neither - didn't have my CC at hand when I wanted to order this noon and now it doesn't take the coded from their front page anymore... strange.

I tried the voucher that I posted and it worked on South Park. Should work for you unless there are regional restrictions. I live in EU so I don't know if they use different ones for the US

HBroward

Also, is there supposed to be a bit of a delay to your friends list after you get a friend request?

Either it takes a little while to update or Im looking in the wrong sub menu.

You have to go to the "Home" screen of the menu to have the friend requests finalize.

Top Bottom