• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park: The Stick of Truth |OT| Bigger, Longer, and Uncut (In select regions)

Mondy

Banned
Kindergartners.

• Farm
  • Lake
  • Bank - Behind Counter
  • To the Right of playground
  • Sewer
  • I've found one more, but I can't remember where.

Homeless Camps

• U-Stor - inside Truck on the right
  • Kenny's house - right side? Not 100% sure if I am remembering this one right
  • Jimmy's House - Go right once, path behind tree.

I've got one more for the Homeless Camps

Alien Spaceship, centre black porthole between the two doors after you've freed Randy. The hatch will open and a red beam ladder will appear for you to climb down. Homeless man is hiding on the far right of the room. If the room is bright red, you're on the right track.

Also, I am playing as a Jew who is a fan of dub step and my currently equipped primary weapon is a
giant white alien dildo with electricity buff
. Before that it was
Jimmy's crutch with debilitation buff.

What is my life. Also, I'm gonna try and ask this question and hope that joke answers isn't all that I get: Has anyone found
Jesus
? Apparently he can be found at the
Church
(big surprise), but I've checked there twice and he hasn't been there.

JambiBum

I can't get past the second version of (mid gameish)
Man Bear Pig

He just regens all of his health and I can't seem to do enough damage. I guess I have to wait until later to try and finish him off.

uncleslappy

nethack is my favorite dark souls clone
qWyz9Eo.jpg

Game secured. Can't wait to get home and try it out!

I'm staring at the exact same thing on my desk. 'Cept I opened the cellophane in rabid excitement.

The GS next to my office only got one PS3 copy that wasn't a preorder. Lucky me.

Peagles

Assuming the Ubi rep wasn't mistaken then as I said retail copies might be fine. NZ is definitely lumped in with Australia on the Steam Store, though:

Retail copies aren't fine. Ubisoft said all along they were uncensored, but when stores got their stock yesterday they were like oops we lied they are actually censored. Fuck that makes me so mad!

SRTtoZ

Oh god im about to pull the trigger on this after I told myself I would wait...

PC version, where is the best place to get it? (cheapest, digital, etc)

I'm in Denver so I'm going to stop by 'The store' on the way how. Does this seems like more of an idica or sativa game :p

I haven't in some time but I figured this is the game you want to get ripped and play.

I'm about 12 hours in -- I have a question for everyone who's beaten the game:

Is Al Gore also the only enemy who gave you any trouble whatsoever? Those SS guys are killer. Also, Gore has to be the best gag in the game. The FB feed spamming is so perfect.

I'd say that yes...that was by far the hardest battle for me in the entire game.

Doran902

managed to rent this and thief for a week for 12 bucks, renting games is the future (lol)
cant wait to get home and try it, nice lady at the counter was telling me its a great time and funny as hell

TEJ

Just how polished is this game? I know obsidian isn't the best when it comes to bugs/glitches but since it was supposed to release a year ago maybe it got a lot of extra polish?

Andrew.

Banned
Has anyone been able to take a successful shit in the bathroom of your house?

And what happens if you do?

Shit is tough man. Apparently Im not as good at jamming the X button as I thought I was.

Hey so I'm currently
trying to recruit the goth kids
and I've it says I've been playing about 5 hours. Have I been spending a lot of time of just screwing around or am I already half way through?

Regardless really enjoying the game. Just trying not to blast through it in a day :p

Eusis

I did it by rubbing my finger nail surface across the edge of the A/X button, seemed to work better than straight mashing for some reason and learned about it due to Star Fox Adventure having a rather absurd segment for button mashing.

And you get
a shit to throw at enemies.

Nintyb

Banned

Shit is tough man. Apparently Im not as good at jamming the X button as I thought I was.

Yes. You get a 'shit nugget' you can use in battle to gross out an enemy.

davewiththeid

Neo Member

It's honestly -- and appropriately, really -- the hardest thing to do in the whole game.

If you do you get a turd you can throw in battle to inflict gross-out status. You can also find them here and there.

Karak

Just how polished is this game? I know obsidian isn't the best when it comes to bugs/glitches but since it was supposed to release a year ago maybe it got a lot of extra polish?

PC version here and was fairly happy throughout. If I alt-tabbed out and then back in the most god awful audio bug would start and not stop unless I left the game and came back int.
Easy fix though. Just don't alt-tab out:)

LNBL

Is this the appropriate thread to show of our characters as well? There are no spoilers in the picture anyways.

3043125de3edf4be569e421bfa542187.png

At first I was bummed by the "little" creation options when you create your character, thankfully there are a LOT of customization options that are unlocked during the game :)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Retail copies aren't fine. Ubisoft said all along they were uncensored, but when stores got their stock yesterday they were like oops we lied they are actually censored. Fuck that makes me so mad!

Ah, unlucky, haha. I wonder if HK, SG and TW are the same boat.

Played a bit and I'm liking it so far. Seems like a very old school rpg with all the south park humor. Playing the game on hard-core and not having much difficulty. Let's see if I can finish this game.

JaseC

How bad are the bugs that reviewers are reporting?

With the PC version the only bug I've encountered is the counter-attack tutorial failing to trigger a few times. I've had no such trouble in post-tutorial fights.

Wondering the same thing, is this game super crashy?

It really seems varied. I played 13.5 hours and then + after I beat it and still never had a complete crash on PC. I had two minor issues where I got stuck in a envirment and quick restore checkpoint fixed it. The only other issue I saw is one time Randy had no body just a head, then it quickly fix in the camera transition. That was it for me.

KePoW

Banned
It really seems varied. I played 13.5 hours and then + after I beat it and still never had a complete crash on PC. I had two minor issues where I got stuck in a envirment and quick restore checkpoint fixed it. The only other issue I saw is one time Randy had no body just a head, then it quickly fix in the camera transition. That was it for me.

Thanks for the info

If this turns out to be the average user's experience, I don't think all the fuss about technical issues was warranted. This seems to be about par for the course with any major release nowadays, let alone an Obsidian game.

ThomasCro

With the PC version the only bug I've encountered is the counter-attack tutorial failing to trigger a few times. I've had no such trouble in post-tutorial fights.

How far are you into the game? Wondering if I should pick it up now or wait for some patches.

justjim89

How fucked is the PC version? The RPS review said there's no graphics or performance customization and the key mapping is screwed up.

Is it optimized for mid-low end machines and laptops? I'd be kind of baffled if I could run a game that looks like South Park well.

Haines

Banned
Im def going to have to wait til this becomes cheaper and fixed up a bit before buying it to warrant a purchase.

Which will work out bc Im new to southpark and only on season 4 lol

JakeD

I did it by rubbing my finger nail surface across the edge of the A/X button, seemed to work better than straight mashing for some reason and learned about it due to Star Fox Adventure having a rather absurd segment for button mashing.

haha. 16 years later and i get to break out the "rub a pen on the button" trick again that i used for metal gear solid.

If this turns out to be the average user's experience, I don't think all the fuss about technical issues was warranted. This seems to be about par for the course with any major release nowadays, let alone an Obsidian game.

That's how I see it. Their past games had been riddled with stuff, this is one of their more polished games imo. No doubt.

KePoW

Banned
How fucked is the PC version? The RPS review said there's no graphics or performance customization and the key mapping is screwed up.

Is it optimized for mid-low end machines and laptops? I'd be kind of baffled if I could run a game that looks like South Park well.

There are zero graphics settings, besides resolution.

Dunno about key mappings, I use 360 PC controller. This seems like a game that plays better with controller

Ferrio

Banned
Stupid thief hood covering my head!

I'd recommend not using a mouse... there's some mechanics in the game specifically built with the controller in mind. Hell I don't even know how you'd do the farts without vibration...

JaseC

How far are you into the game? Wondering if I should pick it up now or wait for some patches.

Steam says 7 hours but I'd subtract an hour or so from that as I switched from the thief to the fighter after a short while, plus I've done a fair bit of alt-tabbing.

Top Bottom