• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park: The Stick of Truth |OT| Bigger, Longer, and Uncut (In select regions)

So jelly of you guys. Just waiting on my key. I'll either get my key at 5 today or sometime Friday. I'm either the first wave of preorder keys or the second. I'm hoping that i'm the first wave because I don't want to be the second.

The way the art style works, everyone who wears the samurai outfit will look the same lol.

Exactly. I AM MYSTERION BORN AGAIN.

213670_2014-03-04_0005mosd.png

Anyway, here's me without the armor. :lol

Well, I have no idea why or how, but VPN unlock isn't working for me on Steam. Tried multiple VPN clients, the web browser Steam store switches to $, but the client sticks with £ even after multiple restarts and the game remains pre-loaded.

Dawg

I like how every screenshot posted looks like a random scene from the tv show.

So cool they went for the tv show artstyle.

R1CHO

How do you stop one of those charging attacks that some powerful enemy has?

I didn't get the tip the first time and now i don't find it in the help?

Thanks

Recall

The digital version on PSN is taking forever to install. I've never known a game to take this long...got a feeling something aint right

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I like how every screenshot posted looks like a random scene from the tv show.

So cool they went for the tv show artstyle.

I can't help but be amazed at just how perfect a job Obsidian did of nailing the look. I mean, the aesthetic of the show is obviously crappy, but it's a very distinctive style of crappy and the game perfectly recreates every fine element of it.

ieatzombies

Copying my post from the review thread.

My god.. I haven't had a continuous smile on my face from a game in a looong time. This game drips with love and care. I am absolutely loving this! Completely worth the wait.

Grief.exe

How fucked is the PC version? The RPS review said there's no graphics or performance customization and the key mapping is screwed up.

Is it optimized for mid-low end machines and laptops? I'd be kind of baffled if I could run a game that looks like South Park well.

PC version is very good. All of the customization options are tucked away in ini files and are on by deafult, MSAA, AF, massive textures, etc. Game is quite optimized as well, I'm downsampling from a massive resolution and using <50% GPU. No crashes, errors, or bugs yet other than the tutorial bug.

What is up with the PC community demanding tons of options and settings lately or it is decreed as a bad port?

UnrealEck

How the hell do you do it then?

For the first time you use it, when you're being taught how to use it, you just follow the wave thing. The one Randy teaches you took me ages to figure out, then when I got it I thought to myself "I'm a dumbass."
When you've learned it, you don't need to do any of the wave prompt things anymore.

davewiththeid

Neo Member
Of all the times for my wife to walk in the room while I'm playing this, of course it's
the fight with the underpants gnomes while Douchebag's parents are having sex in the background.

so1337

Just to make sure: Is it possible to buy a Steam code off of Amazon (dot com) and use it on a European account? I did that with Sleeping Dogs a couple of weeks ago but I want to make sure there's no region lock or anything.

Man, I was all set to play this today. Fucking Europe.

KePoW

Banned
PC version is very good. All of the customization options are tucked away in ini files and are on by deafult, MSAA, AF, massive textures, etc.

That's weird, because when I looked in that INI file most of those settings were false or off. Not sure what's up with that.

Don't know if changing the settings in that file even does anything.

Of all the times for my wife to walk in the room while I'm playing this, of course it's
the fight with the underpants gnomes while Douchebag's parents are having sex in the background.

I could NOT STOP laughing at that whole part. Especially the battle and what occurs during it! lol

Sanctuary

Depending on the magic there is usually a clear cloud of sorts that forms after holding down for a second. The tips even mention to look for it.

My loading screens are literally less than two seconds, so I'm almost never able to read more than half of most of the tips.

geeko

I just picked up the game, but I have a quick question before I start. I didn't watch much of this last season of south park, and what I've heard is that the game revolves around a few episodes. What are those episodes and should I watch them before starting?

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Was surprised to find that this game runs pretty much perfectly on my Asus T100 Win 8.1 tablet!

This is my character:
i2bNJ0kzBz8Wf.png

It's hard to believe that this is a screenshot and not a still from the show. Amazing.

- Download and install Spotflux
- Run Spotflux and, after a connection has been established, type "What's my IP" into Google to ensure it's changed
- Restart Steam

At this point you can either switch Steam to Offline Mode and then kill the VPN (this will allow you to play on-and-off without needing to load the VPN again) or leave the VPN running and continue playing while online. Killing the VPN while Steam is online will cause your in-game status to cease and this can cause issues with achievement triggers.

Germany and Austria: No Nazi references
Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Taiwan and Singapore: Same as the European censorship albeit with a crying koala screen (retail copies outside of Australia may be exempt)

So, stupid question time.

Never used a VPN before, this is safe yea?
Lot of people seem to use Spotflux.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Just to make sure: Is it possible to buy a Steam code off of Amazon (dot com) and use it on a European account? I did that with Sleeping Dogs a couple of weeks ago but I want to make sure there's no region lock or anything.

Man, I was all set to play this today. Fucking Europe.

Yes. If you're in Germany or Austria, though, you'll need to use a VPN to activate the key, and regardless of where you are you'll need to use a US VPN to play the game now.

So, stupid question time.

Never used a VPN before, this is safe yea?
Lot of people seem to use Spotflux.

Have a read of my post here and decide for yourself.

Yes. If you're in Germany or Austria, though, you'll need to use a VPN to activate the key, and regardless of where you are you'll need to use a US VPN to play the game now.

Have a read of my post here and decide for yourself.

Thank you!
I meant in terms of the data passing through the VPN as well though.
Is that all safe?

so1337

Thanks for the answer. That seems like too many hoops to jump through for me. I think I'll play the waiting game a little longer.

geeko

Sorry to repost so quick but i want to start playing. Should I watch any episodes from this last season before I start this game?

Top Bottom