• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park: The Stick of Truth |OT| Bigger, Longer, and Uncut (In select regions)

Andrew.

Banned
Sorry to repost so quick but i want to start playing. Should I watch any episodes from this last season before I start this game?

If you want some extra context, watch the Black Friday episodes from last season, otherwise it isnt really necessary.

Sorry to repost so quick but i want to start playing. Should I watch any episodes from this last season before I start this game?

Black Friday Trilogy and probably the second episode of the season. I haven't finished the game, but I read that there is a reference to the second episode of last season.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
Any unboxings and impressions of the grand wizard edition?

Any impressions on the co op stuff?

epmode

Speaking as someone that is annoyed beyond reason when a PC game is inexplicably capped at 30 FPS, I have 0 problems with South Park's framerate. It mimics the show almost perfectly like this.

I'm not even sure what people would get out of expanded graphics options, unless they're only complaining about windowed/borderless options. Sucks about the lousy/missing controller remapping options, though.

It's really quite hard to divorce yourself from the fanservice of a world you've embraced for 15+ years, but atm I want to say this game has a great approach to collectables with so many unique details and hidden stuff.

GavinUK86

PC version is very good. All of the customization options are tucked away in ini files and are on by deafult, MSAA, AF, massive textures, etc. Game is quite optimized as well, I'm downsampling from a massive resolution and using <50% GPU. No crashes, errors, or bugs yet other than the tutorial bug.

What is up with the PC community demanding tons of options and settings lately or it is decreed as a bad port?

you noticed any difference after tinkering with the ini's? i haven't but i wondered if thats just me. messed with config and engine.

Headhunter

Neo Member
Where can I sell all my junk loot? My inventory is packed with it!

Game looks just like the TV show, playing the PC Version. I love it!

Dr.Acula

Banned
I only got one bug so far near the beginning when Cartman is teaching you the combat system. I had to range attack the last person standing, but my arrows were locked out.

Other than that it's been fine.

It doesn't strike me as overly buggy at all.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
you noticed any difference after tinkering with the ini's? i haven't but i wondered if thats just me.

I can say that the DX11 renderer doesn't work (game almost instantly crashes) and forcing 16:10 support breaks the horizontal screen cut-off points (e.g. below the road is just a light blue line and at the top you'll see clouds floating in a sea of black). There are no texture or AF options. Here's the list (default settings):

; Application override configuration file

[Engine.Render]
default_gamma = 1.0
full_screen = 1
shadow_quality = 3
support_aspect_ratio_4_3 = false
support_aspect_ratio_16_10 = false
support_aspect_ratio_custom = false
use_directx_11 = false
separate_dimensions = 1
support_skinning = false

; render post-process settings
enable_postprocess = true
enable_depth_of_field = false
enable_bloom = false
enable_antialias = false
enable_color_correction = false
enable_color_controls = false
enable_fog = false
enable_heat_haze = true
enable_transparent_depth = false
motion_blur_enable = false
motion_blur_scale = 0.5
motion_blur_max_length = 0.3
movie_sharpen_amount = 0.0
movie_sharpen_radius = 0.0
scaleform_edge_aa = 1.0

LNBL

Wondering the same thing, is this game super crashy?
Did not read any reviews, but what are they reporting as buggy? I'm 4 hours or so into the game on my laptop, but have yet to come across any problems. Only twice did i get A 2 second framedrop or so.

Andrew.

Banned
It's really quite hard to divorce yourself from the fanservice of a world you've embraced for 15+ years, but atm I want to say this game has a great approach to collectables with so many unique details and hidden stuff.

Beautifully put as always.

I'm stuck at the office and haven't found squat yet unfortunatley cept a few friend requests.

I dont even think there is a Simpsons game out there near this kind of quality and care. I mean Road Rage and The Simpsons Game were alright, but this. This is pretty remarkable.

DryvBy

You own the GW Edition. Nice! You think it's worth it?

For me, yes. Only because I thought the Cartman toy was awesome. It's a lot smaller than it looks. The hat is about 3"s itself. I'll post a picture in a minute.

T3DeZLA.jpg

I tried to get the box in there to compare.

His arms/head rotates and you can remove the wand and place is in the other hand.

GavinUK86

I can say that the DX11 renderer doesn't work (game almost instantly crashes) and forcing 16:10 support breaks the horizontal screen cut-off points (e.g. below the road is just a light blue line and at the top you'll see clouds floating in a sea of black). There are no texture or AF options. Here's the list (default settings):

yeah i just get a black screen (but with audio) when forcing dx11. everything that was false i changed to true and put shadows to 6, which according to the other ini, is the max. couldn't see any difference though.

game is hilarious. i don't think i've smiled so much during a game for a long time.

12935447995_5ab806d621_o.png

Vamphuntr

I just read the Kotaku review. Did they patch the 360 version? Apparently it stutters all the time and they call it a technical mess :( Should receive my LE tomorrow and now I'm afraid it will run poorly,

Damn, seems it's really an Obsidian game after all.

I just read the Kotaku review. Did they patch the 360 version? Apparently it stutters all the time and they call it a technical mess :( Should receive my LE tomorrow and now I'm afraid it will run poorly,

Damn, seems it's really an Obsidian game after all.

A QA tester in the comments of that review is saying it maybe that 360's dvd drive. Brad and Vinny over at GB did a quicklook with the 360 version and they didn't mention anything like that

A QA tester in the comments of that review is saying it maybe that 360's dvd drive. Brad and Vinny over at GB did a quicklook with the 360 version and they didn't mention anything like that

Guess a install of the game on that reviewers xbox 360 should clarify that right?

Really loved the review :) I'm speechless. This game is amazing.

Thank you! :D I just couldn't NOT show my excitment in that review. It couldn't be contained!

cazosozey

Anyone having issues getting Butters hammer of justice move to work ?
It seems like its not registering rotating the left thumb stick when I initiate the move..

I'm playing on PC using a game pad. I think I'm just not doing it right.

Have had no other issues thus far and loving the game.

Dawg

What other artstyle would've worked?

Norman Rockwells? Haha

Hah, I know. But there have been a couple of videogames based on 'cartoon shows' which went for some kind of cel-shaded style instead. Or games where it just looks... different. This game is pretty much 1:1 when it comes to the source material, you know? It just feels great.

I can't help but be amazed at just how perfect a job Obsidian did of nailing the look. I mean, the aesthetic of the show is obviously crappy, but it's a very distinctive style of crappy and the game perfectly recreates every fine element of it.

Yeah, exactly. I love it :)

The_Simpsons_Hit_and_Run_cover.png
Still the best Simpsons game.

This was the GTA: Simpsons one, right? Damn, it was incredible. So many collectibles and fanservice. Awesome vehicles. I really liked it back in the day.

Peagles

Ah, unlucky, haha. I wonder if HK, SG and TW are the same boat.

Luck has nothing to do with it. Ubisoft are just douchebags. It has been approved by our censorship board here AFAIK, no issues on our side. They're just being deceitful motherfuckers.

All I can do is cross my fingers that PC version is really uncensored...

Zushin

Didn't want to get this game.... But damn you GAF, couldn't resist. Hopefully it runs fine on PC for me. Its a shame that the Aussie version is censored. Oh well.

Will I miss out too much if I don't get those preorder bonus costumes? And what's situation like with regular costumes/character (visual) customization options that you get in the game?

-MD-

Will I miss out too much if I don't get those preorder bonus costumes? And what's situation like with regular costumes/character (visual) customization options that you get in the game?

1. No
2. There are tons of options for customizing your kid, you find new hairstyles, glasses and facial hair laying around town constantly.

Sendou

- Download and install Spotflux
- Run Spotflux and, after a connection has been established, type "What's my IP" into Google to ensure it's changed
- Restart Steam

At this point you can either switch Steam to Offline Mode and then kill the VPN (this will allow you to play on-and-off without needing to load the VPN again) or leave the VPN running and continue playing while online. Killing the VPN while Steam is online will cause your in-game status to cease and this can cause issues with achievement triggers.

I see. Thank you very much! I assume this means there no longer are problems with achievements triggering when offline (not sure if there ever was to be honest. Just something that I had problem with in the past.)

Andrew.

Banned
The Simpsons: Hit and Run was awesome.

The_Simpsons_Hit_and_Run_cover.png
Still the best Simpsons game.

This was the GTA: Simpsons one, right? Damn, it was incredible. So many collectibles and fanservice. Awesome vehicles. I really liked it back in the day.

I still have this for OG xbox and loved it!

That's what i meant to say instead of Road Rage! Hit N' Run was really good and I felt it did the show the most justice since the arcade game.

LNBL

(Spoiler about the 3rd power Butters unlocks)

That Professor Chaos transformation is epic haha! I think it's my favorite up until this point of the game!

Anyone else spend time just exploring and forgetting about the main quest? Really can't get over the feel of the show I have while playing. By far the best adaptation of a show/movie I've ever played.

Top Bottom