• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park: The Stick of Truth |OT| Bigger, Longer, and Uncut (In select regions)

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Ps3 version running fine for everyone?

I'd like to know this aswell, I haven't read the thread because I don't want to know anything about it (as a massive SP fan any mention of any reference will dent my enjoyment of it). Can somebody help me out and quickly summarise PS3 impressions? Also is it compatible with the DS4? Thanks

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
The_Simpsons_Hit_and_Run_cover.png
Still the best Simpsons game.

Absolutely amazing game and I was actually saying to a friend the other day that it feels so good we're finally the South Park equivalent of Hit and Run. Hit and Run was just a really well made Simpsons GTA style game with fan service out the ass. Super fun to play and it was a genuine joy to explore Springfield just for all the references. I think the comparison between Stick of Truth and Hit and Run is very valid. Although unlike Stick of Truth, Hit and Run never had the benefit of looking just like the show.

Cairnsay

Banned
Just wanted to add my voice to the many, this game is awesome! I have spent 3 hours playing and barely progressed the main quest at all. There is just so much to see in every corner, and I don't think I have ever spent more time looking at 'junk' items in an RPG before, those description are hilarious. If the quality holds up throughout the rest of the game it's a early GOTY contender for me, irregardless of how long it is.

URATowel

Banned
Taking a break from playing 3 hours straight. Wow. As a hardcore fan you can tell how much love was put in this game.

So happy the reviews are positive, more South Park games!

Andrew.

Banned
I'd like to know this aswell, I haven't read the thread because I don't want to know anything about it (as a massive SP fan any mention of any reference will dent my enjoyment of it). Can somebody help me out and quickly summarise PS3 impressions? Also is it compatible with the DS4? Thanks

I have it and from what Ive played everything is cool.

Just be careful with installing DLC pre order bonuses. It caused my game data to become corrupted which then had to be deleted and reinstalled (granted this was before I started actually playing, but it's still kinda twisted)

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Oh, great, the embargo is off.

This is a fun game held back by Flash game-level UI. I can't believe how terribly Obsidian handled the menu and the overworld abilities.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I have it and from what Ive played everything is cool.

Just be careful with installing DLC pre order bonuses. It caused my game data to become corrupted which then had to be deleted and reinstalled (granted this was before I started actually playing, but it's still kinda twisted)

Thanks, Friday cant come soon enough!

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Nein. The best Simpsons game is still the arcade game. :)

Nah. Not even close. I enjoyed it back in the day but there's no question that the overall quality doesn't come close to Hit and Run, it doesn't have as much value for entertainment, have anywhere near as much fan service and I don't think it has aged as well.

Damn, looks like I might not get the game delivered to me tonight :( Amazon says delivery date is today, but UPS site says it's tomorrow. Both sites say delivery is on schedule. Won't know for sure until I get home tonight. Guess I'll be picking it up at Best Buy or something tonight and sending my Amazon copy back. I've had nothing but problems with shipping ever since I signed up for Prime. Go figure.

Stitch

Gold Member
http://store.steampowered.com/app/213670/

Notice: We’re sorry to inform you that we are unable to deliver your pre-ordered version of South Park: The Stick of Truth on March 6th as initially planned. The German and Austrian version of South Park: The Stick of Truth contains an unconstitutional symbol which means that we are unfortunately not able to release the game on the German and Austrian market at this time. This concerns all versions/platforms of the game. There is no need to amend or cancel your pre-order. A new release date of South Park: The Stick of Truth for the German and Austrian market will be announced shortly, and we will ensure that your order is delivered to coincide with this new date.

We are extremely sorry for the additional waiting time, and thank you for your understanding.

So a few days before it gets released they remembered that they still have to censor the game?

Mononoke

Banned
I'm having issues with Saving. If I create a new save file, or overwrite my current save file, it keeps defaulting back to the last mission, and not saving anything I've done after. Does the save file only update once you start or complete the latest mission?

On PC btw.

El Odio

Banned
I've only skimmed through the last few pages so sorry if it's already been discussed but has anyone else have graphic issues when
You had to break Craig out of school? Anytime a cutscene would play during that quest the screen would just be black while the audio would play.
Reposting just because I want to know if this was a problem I've only experience or a more common occurrence.
On a more positive note I will say that I absolutely love all the references that are scattered around the game. I spent a good 2 hours after the tutorial section wandering around town getting sidetracked by them all. My favorite has to be
depositing money in the bank.

nikos

Playing on PC with a controller. I pressed A to name my character, thinking it would bring up a keyboard, and it took the blank entry as my name.

Was this supposed to happen, or should I start over? Don't want my name to be missing from the UI, if it ever shows up.

EDIT: Got it.

uhhh, the fuck?

ps3

Put in game
day one patch
Game data is corrupt you must delete game data to play

Delete patch
day one patch
Game data is corrupt?

anyone else have this issue?

FrsDvl

Can anyone help me out. I'm in the bathroom with Randy right now (using spoiler tags incase people haven't seen the video )

Where he is trying to teach you a fart trick. I can not figure out how to do it. I'm moving the thumbsticks all over the place, trying to figure it out but nothing seems to work!

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Highly doubt Obsidian would ever structure a contract in that manner again.

You make it sound like they'd have a choice.

In this industry you take the work that's offered you or you go out of business, publishers have 100% of the power. At least pre-kickstarter, hopefully POE is a big hit for them.

deleted

I tried the voucher that I posted and it worked on South Park. Should work for you unless there are regional restrictions. I live in EU so I don't know if they use different ones for the US

I figured it out. Had Hola running which confused the gmg store. Got the key with the 25% voucher and activated it just fine.

Lunzio

I'm about
to convince the girls to join my group BUT I'm really pining to finish some quests. Anybody have a list of the kindergarten locations (have 5/6), underpants locations (have 4/5), and hobo locations (have 6/7)?

Sanctuary

What the hell is up with the
Al Gore
fight? It's like four times the level or difficulty of anything before it. I almost killed him the second attempt, but then magically bleed for 8k damage on the last round. Every other attempt one of my characters just gets randomed out before I've even finished off a single
SS agent

Vibranium

Banned
Loving the game, it's fantastic. I'm also cool with 30 FPS it works perfectly here.

Matt's belief of a silent protagonist is perfect for South Park (though I disagree for certain games). I accepted my fate as a Douchebag.

ieatzombies

I need to rant.. From the brief hour and a half I played, it's been amazing. From the deep customization, the details at every inch.
Arriving at cartman's house and sitting there for 15 minutes listening to new terrance and phillips!( which wasn't even all of it from what i assume.) I immediately posted on gaf and right as I did, heard butters reiterate what I was doing. It's too much goodness!
Haven't felt this way since I was a kid! I'm taking a break to eat now and i'm thoroughly surprised and excited to jump right back in. Matt and Trey deserve every bit of praise that they have coming to them. Pick this one up ladies and gents. Do it.

I'm having issues with Saving. If I create a new save file, or overwrite my current save file, it keeps defaulting back to the last mission, and not saving anything I've done after. Does the save file only update once you start or complete the latest mission?

On PC btw.

I spent a while figuring it out until I realized that the best way to do it is right after you head into/out of a new area/house.

The key is to see the Wilkins Bear recording device flash at the bottom right of the screen, which indicates a Checkpoint is being made, and then you make a manual save right after that.

That way you can "easily" save at your pleasure without having to progress a plot point. Just head into someone's house/towards the exit or door and it'll catch up.

winstano

Does it work with the Dual Shock 4? Google is not being very helpful on the subject

Wired up, yep. Played it for a couple of hours with a DS4 initially.

I asked earlier but I think it got buried... Has anyone done Jimmy's side quest yet? I'm utterly stumped as to how to get the
barn key
and I can't get any further with the quest... Does it need to be finished before the main game?

Ragus

Banned
Gee wiz, this game is so fun. It screams QUALITY from every corner.

And it looks so crappy and beautiful at the same time, when being downsampled from 1800p. My friend thought, that I was watching a new SP episode. Can't blame him.

New002

This is probably a silly question, but for those that prr-ordered on PC, how does the fellowship pack work? Do I have to reach a certain part of the game before I gain access to these costumes? Thanks in advance :)

Markitron

Wired up, yep. Played it for a couple of hours with a DS4 initially.

I asked earlier but I think it got buried... Has anyone done Jimmy's side quest yet? I'm utterly stumped as to how to get the
barn key
and I can't get any further with the quest... Does it need to be finished before the main game?

Thanks!

Top Bottom