• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park: The Stick of Truth |OT| Bigger, Longer, and Uncut (In select regions)

This is probably a silly question, but for those that prr-ordered on PC, how does the fellowship pack work? Do I have to reach a certain part of the game before I gain access to these costumes? Thanks in advance :)
it explicitly pops up and says hey you have the pre order stuff avaliable as soon as you leave Kupa keep the first time.

New002

it explicitly pops up and says hey you have the pre order stuff avaliable as soon as you leave Kupa keep the first time.

Thanks! A buddy of mine was over and playing through the early section of the game and I must have missed it. Looks like it was a silly question!

Recall

I do not like the save system.

Basically having to re do portions of the game each time you load feels very old, yet I'm sure deliberate. Just doesn't suite my way of gaming at the moment and the little time I have.

I do not like the save system.

Basically having to re do portions of the game each time you load feels very old, yet I'm sure deliberate. Just doesn't suite my way of gaming at the moment and the little time I have.

Yeah, you save and it goes back to the closest check point, find it odd too

tenz0r

Anyone in the US buy the boxed PC retail version of South Park? I assumed the game uses steamworks all around, but I can't find it stating that on the PC retail copy. I just want to be sure before I buy it, otherwise I'll just buy steam cards and pick it up on steam directly. The only reason I rather get the PC box copy is because I'm trading in games to GameStop for a trade bonus but it only applies to physical copies. Any confirmation from any fellow GAFs who picked up the PC retail copy in the US would be great.

I need to rant.. From the brief hour and a half I played, it's been amazing. From the deep customization, the details at every inch.
Arriving at cartman's house and sitting there for 15 minutes listening to new terrance and phillips!( which wasn't even all of it from what i assume.)
I think that's actually the audio from the Season 2 episode "Not Without My Anus".

The Goat

Other than a few confusing menus, I really, really like the game so far. I knew I would, but it's pretty much exactly what I wanted.

Anyone in the US buy the boxed PC retail version of South Park? I assumed the game uses steamworks all around, but I can't find it stating that on the PC retail copy. I just want to be sure before I buy it, otherwise I'll just buy steam cards and pick it up on steam directly. The only reason I rather get the PC box copy is because I'm trading in games to GameStop for a trade bonus but it only applies to physical copies. Any confirmation from any fellow GAFs who picked up the PC retail copy in the US would be great.

I got mine off of steam but this game uses steamworks so you'll have to use steam and won't be able to trade it in. TBH I can't think of any recent PC release that did not use Steam or a service like it and that could be traded in. Does gamestop even let you trade in pc games?

tenz0r

I got mine off of steam but this game uses steamworks so you'll have to use steam and won't be able to trade it in. TBH I can't think of any recent PC release that did not use Steam or a service like it and that could be traded in. Does gamestop even let you trade in pc games?

No you can't trade PC games, I was just trading in console games I didn't want anymore towards the PC boxed copy.

Zach

I am going to buy the crap out of this when it's $20 cheaper and they've (hopefully) released a patch to fix some of the bugs.

Anyone do some testing with the PC version ini file? I increased texture quality, and a few other things but I didn't really notice any difference.

Can someone with the uncensored version tell me if they're able to enter the "Patients Only" door in the abortion clinic in early game? The door isn't locked, but the button prompt is grayed out. Curious if this is the censorship block or if i'm just not meant to go in there yet.

Xater

I just played 6 hours of this game. Man it is soooooo goooooood.

Can someone with the uncensored version tell me if they're able to enter the "Patients Only" door in the abortion clinic in early game? The door isn't locked, but the button prompt is grayed out. Curious if this is the censorship block or if i'm just not meant to go in there yet.

Wasn't able to get in their either. It's meant to be that way.

epmode

Anyone do some testing with the PC version ini file? I increased texture quality, and a few other things but I didn't really notice any difference.

The configuration file is likely something that happens with Obsidian's engine by default. Most of the options almost certainly don't apply to a game built like South Park.

Sanctuary

Anyone know how to beat
Al Gore
? He's wrecking me once he
summons those damned agents

I finally just beat him myself, and ironically it was laughably easy after I stopped overlooking certain items/skills. I'm not sure if the other classes have a
stun
ability, but I used the Sorcerer
stun, and I could keep two of the agents stunned indefinitely. I was also using speed potions so I could do at least one attack every round with an additonal attack or spell (stun). I was using a broken bottle that also had +gross on it. It would hit random enemies and cause bleed + gross, so they would take damage at the end of every round on top of whatever else they took that round.

I also died like 8x using Kenny, and finally just said fuck it, and switched to Butters, thinking it would be worse. Well, he ended up simply surviving longer, which is all I really needed.

Stuart444

I finally just beat him myself, and ironically it was laughably easy after I stopped overlooking certain items/skills. I'm not sure if the other classes have a
stun
ability, but I used the Sorcerer
stun upgraded to level 2 (or whatever lets you hit a row) and I could keep two of the agents stunned indefinitely. I was also using speed potions so I could do at least one attack every round with an additonal attack or spell (stun). I was using a broken bottle that also had +gross on it. It would hit random enemies and cause bleed + gross, so they would take damage at the end of every round on top of whatever else they took that round.

I also died like 8x using Kenny, and finally just said fuck it, and switched to Butters, thinking it would be worse. Well, he ended up simply surviving longer, which is all I really needed.

Were you far into the game? I'm like level 9 or something so I'm starting to think I'm just too low level.

Sanctuary

Were you far into the game? I'm like level 9 or something so I'm starting to think I'm just too low level.

Nope, I'm level 8. The thing that really does the trick though is just to let the enemies
bleed/puke to death while keeping them stunned. I'd often have three of them stunned at the same time, but on the next turn one of them would be wearing off. My character also had patches that would give back PP per hit, and the bottle hits 4x and causes gross (I also had a patch that gave 2 PP when gross damage was done).

Oh, just checked and my stun was upgraded to rank 4 so that it would last an additional turn. I couldn't remember how many ranks that was.

Can you put a spoiler over an image? I can't seem to get it to work.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
I want to see some peoples characters. I imagine you could make your dude (or dudette) look pretty crazy lol

Eusis

You make it sound like they'd have a choice.

In this industry you take the work that's offered you or you go out of business, publishers have 100% of the power. At least pre-kickstarter, hopefully POE is a big hit for them.
Hopefully the deal with South Park Studios either doesn't involve that crap or is at least far more lenient. I'd imagine being 80+ is a huge accomplishment in and of itself relative to prior games (though I DID enjoy that N64 shooter...)

EDIT: And it's higher than the TV show is on Metacritic is anyway, though that's probably the last damn place I'd give a damn about checking.

There are so many people trying to get this game for $25 -$30 dollars on PC in the buy/sell/trade thread. It's amusing. Guess the reviews won them over but the length doesn't have them wanting to pay full price. Such a shame. It's worth every penny imo. SOOOOOOO GOOOD! Hell I got a review copy and I've still got my PS3 Grand Wizard version on its way tonight! :D

Spasm

So am I supposed to do anything in the very first blocking tutorial when the elf kid drops his sword? Everyone's just standing around waiting for someone else to do something. None of my buttons do anything. Gotta start over?

Anyone know where the last timmy fast travel point is? Think i found the most obvious ones but 1 seems to be hidden or unlocked later?

It's somewhere you can't get to yet! I was pulling my hair doing the same thing. You will see :D

So am I supposed to do anything in the very first blocking tutorial when the elf kid drops his sword? Everyone's just standing around waiting for someone else to do something. None of my buttons do anything. Gotta start over?

This sounds like a known bug. Just restart your checkpoint. Luckily It seems this is a rare ocurance.

Lurky

So I just checked the reviews and now I'm glad that I pre-ordered the grand wizard edition. Just need to wait for it to ship. =[

Hobbun

Was the patch released today?

And if so, has it made any difference on the performance issues/bugs that have been reported?

Cdgilbert

Anyone having issues getting Butters hammer of justice move to work ?
It seems like its not registering rotating the left thumb stick when I initiate the move..

I'm playing on PC using a game pad. I think I'm just not doing it right.

Have had no other issues thus far and loving the game.

Yep I am. Rotate the stick, he turns away and then just drops the hammer.

Stuart444

Nope, I'm level 8. The thing that really does the trick though is just to let the enemies
bleed/puke to death while keeping them stunned. I'd often have three of them stunned at the same time, but on the next turn one of them would be wearing off. My character also had patches that would give back PP per hit, and the bottle hits 4x and causes gross (I also had a patch that gave 2 PP when gross damage was done).

Oh, just checked and my stun was upgraded to rank 4 so that it would last an additional turn. I couldn't remember how many ranks that was.

Can you put a spoiler over an image? I can't seem to get it to work.

I finally beat him using a similar tactic of stunning + bleeding + lots of items. Thanks for the help :)

Andrew.

Banned
Just discovered how to shoot arrows on my own just walking around the game world. Really easy way to collect random shit by shooting pots and pans and toilet paper rolls and all that

On PS3 hold left trigger, aim with right stick and fire with right trigger

kazebyaka

Banned
Just beat the game on Normal. With almost all side-quests. Took me about 10 hours.

Great game. One in a million, indeed. It feels like a giant South Park movie and that is awesome. Gameplay is tight, battles are fun, and exploring is awesome. Caught few bugs here and there, though. Can't say anything negative about this game, really.

9/10

Top Bottom