• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park: The Stick of Truth |OT| Bigger, Longer, and Uncut (In select regions)

The music is surprisingly awesome in this. Especially the song Cartman sings when you're just roaming South Park. I think playing it is one amazing feeling; but when I watched videos of it it didn't click. But I'm glad I bought it in the end, because it's really the best possible type of game for South Park.

Stuart444

How the hell do you do the fart moves, I'm in the bathroom
With Randy
now and it keeps saying hit S a lot then A (or hold S or something...) and it's not really telling me much except that I failed each and every time.

edit: okay got that one done... I still don't understand it that well but I got it done lol

Social

The controls are a little bit overly complicated and need some getting used to, at least to control the later actions in the game. But all in all, it's quite fun!

epmode

Is there any way to stop this game from disabling Aero in Windows 7? It's one of the only modern games I have that does this.

Delio

Nope, I'm level 8. The thing that really does the trick though is just to let the enemies
bleed/puke to death while keeping them stunned. I'd often have three of them stunned at the same time, but on the next turn one of them would be wearing off. My character also had patches that would give back PP per hit, and the bottle hits 4x and causes gross (I also had a patch that gave 2 PP when gross damage was done).

Oh, just checked and my stun was upgraded to rank 4 so that it would last an additional turn. I couldn't remember how many ranks that was.

Can you put a spoiler over an image? I can't seem to get it to work.

Funny enough this has been my main tactic through the game. I'm lv 11 now and can fell bosses really fast doing it.

Weird, I have the PS3 version and just loaded it for the first time. A message appeared that my data was corrupt and that I needed to delete all saved data.

Did that and now it works fine, but I wonder what happened.

Goodness this menu music is awesome.

Stitch

Gold Member
I haven't watched the show since season 4 but want to understand the references in the game.

The whole game is filled with references. Pretty much everything you find is a reference to a some episode.

So basically to fully enjoy it you need to know the whole show.

Truant

I haven't watched south park since 1997 or something (I have the first season on VHS somewhere), but I've sort of kept up with the show through social media and friends etc. I really try to play all of Obsidians games, so is it possible to enjoy this without being into SP? I don't mind the show at all, just stopped watching it for some reason.

I haven't watched south park since 1997 or something (I have the first season on VHS somewhere), but I've sort of kept up with the show through social media and friends etc. I really try to play all of Obsidians games, so is it possible to enjoy this without being into SP? I don't mind the show at all, just stopped watching it for some reason.

I think it's a great game in and of itself, but as mentioned, you will miss a lot of the references embedded in the game and story.

Sorian

Banned

Depending on your knowledge, you may be missing some references but I think it's a pretty solid game regardless and if it is the humor you like then there is plenty there to laugh at.

Teknoman

If you enjoyed the show early on, you'll be fine now.

Stuart444

Ok so after getting past the "
Show me your fart
" part, I am now having issues with performing this
squeaker fart that Randy shows me
... Seriously how the fuck do you do this? A D A D A D and nothing really happens/works.

What's worse is getting shown it over and over without an option to skip the demos so I can keep trying -_-

vazel

Banned
I haven't watched South Park since about 2000 and I'm having a lot of fun.

Farther up someone posted a couple links with a list of episodes to watch for the game. I plan on watching them throughout the week and they're all freely available to watch on the South Park website.

Finished the first day and I've have quite the adventure so far. However, I'm stuck at a button-mashing sequence. Any tips for that?

Stuart444

Yup, I've raged on this stupid ADADADAD farting sequence that I mentioned before. Hearing it be explained over and over again after failing it is doing my head in. I'll try again tomorrow...

Andrew.

Banned
Holy shit man as soon as I entered the gated area behind the school I immediately thought of Bully with that music. My god so gooooood.

Only to see
it's the Goths

-GJ-

There are so many people trying to get this game for $25 -$30 dollars on PC in the buy/sell/trade thread. It's amusing. Guess the reviews won them over but the length doesn't have them wanting to pay full price. Such a shame. It's worth every penny imo. SOOOOOOO GOOOD! Hell I got a review copy and I've still got my PS3 Grand Wizard version on its way tonight! :D

I really enjoyed your review. It was way better than the spoiler-ridden reviews of IGN and Rev3 (not that that's hard, haha, although I usually like Rev3).

Anyway, my retail copy arrived today. So now I have two copies as well. That's how much I love this game, haha.

0KzRjrM.jpg

Cant get past
Randy fart training
dont know what im doing wrong just doesnt seem to work. The mini games should have been left out they feel clunky in most regards.

Sanctuary

How on earth are you supposed to control the
fart when doing the PTA bathroom scene with Randy?
Doesn't matter how I move the L analog, it just goes soaring over him every single time, lands on the ground a mile away and then I fail.

I've failed doing this exactly 50x in a row and just decided to quit. The demonstration makes zero sense, because it doesn't move like that when you control it. The distance you have to
Randy is less than half of the distance he had when demonstrating too.

rjinaz

Were you far into the game? I'm like level 9 or something so I'm starting to think I'm just too low level.

I was level 9 myself. That battle really took me for a surprise. It was the first time I decided to use potion buffs. I'm a warrior so I went with the strength up potion and I was dealing out 900 damage or so per round. Didn't help that he kept healing himself. Definitely a challenging battle but doable.

Doesn't matter how I move the L analog, it just goes soaring over him every single time, lands on the ground a mile away and then I fail.

I've failed doing this exactly 50x in a row and just decided to quit. The demonstration makes zero sense, because it doesn't move like that when you control it. The distance you have to

Yeah extremely frustrating same problem here now im basicly stuck because of a damn minigame.

I have found 11/12 of Timmys fast travel locations.

I feel like I've looked everywhere.

If someone can help me out I'd appreciate it!

Brinbe

As a hardcore SP fan, I just gotta say that this game is truly incredible. There are references to EVERYTHING strewn everywhere. It's a visual and audio treat and it's not at all essential to enjoying the game, but you appreciate that they went that extra mile for the fans that would notice all those small bits. GOTF

And everyone stressing over the Timmy locations, just progress through the game to unlock the last location.

Ok i found the trick you need to watch the circle with the line in it you need to search the frequency with left and right and then just hold that frequency(get the line to spike like crazy) and you are done. just an incredibly bad explanation because i thought you just had to press left and right when the game indicates it.

Okay so went to my local Target, Best Buy, Walmart, and all were out of the Xbox 360 version, but all had the PS3 version. I don't have my PS3 with me though at school so I ventured to Gamestop and they had one extra 360 copy. Scoreeeeee. Time to dive in!

Andrew.

Banned
I've been playing for a few hours and havent unlocked a single trophy yet.

I'm on the first actual quest
recruiting Token etc
still but is this normal?

Dub117

I'm stuck help.
I'm stuck in the bards house after you defeat jimmy. The front door is blocked by rubble. Help?
nevermind got it

-GJ-

I've been playing for a few hours and have an unlocked a single trophy yet.

I'm on the first quest still but is this normal?

Yes. The first story one will be unlocked a couple hours into the game, but depending on what you're doing you can get a couple ones at the start if you know how to get them. Like the one where you have to
throw a shitnugget at the enemy
. That was actually my first one, haha.

Andrew.

Banned
Yes. The first story one will be unlocked a couple hours into the game, but depending on what you're doing you can get a couple ones at the start if you know how to get them. Like the one where you have to
throw a shitnugget at the enemy
. That was actually my first one, haha.

Sweet thanks dude!

Sanctuary

Ok i found the trick you need to watch the circle with the line in it you need to search the frequency with left and right and then just hold that frequency(get the line to spike like crazy) and you are done. just an incredibly bad explanation because i thought you just had to press left and right when the game indicates it.

Actually, what makes it even worse than that is the fact that he specifically says
to make it land *behind* him, when you actually make it land to the far right of him.

Top Bottom