• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Special counsel is investigating Trump for possible obstruction of justice, officials

Vibranium

Banned
The wheels of justice are in motion.

Fox and Friends plays on TVs at the gym i go to, i normally have headphones in so i cant hear their bullshit, but as i was heading out i heard one of them say "This is a witch hunt, Mueller is just LOOKING for crimes!"

I mean...that's kind of his job, right?

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
I hope whatever they come up with is really strong. In today's ultra-politicized environment, they are gonna need a really solid case with irrefutable evidence, and some damn good arguments. The spin machine is stronger than ever, and a certain portion of our voting population just straight up buys into it.

Not sure that Clinton being impeached over obstruction is precedent. Precedent that it is impeachable with a Republican House and Democrat President, yes. But just because something is impeachable doesn't mean we'll see anything of the sort with a Republican House and President. =(
The Senate voted 97-2 today to strip Trump of the power to change the sanctions on Russia. Maybe, just maybe there is still some anti-Russia Cold Warrior blood in the GOP.

A source sent me RNC/Trump talking points for Repubs seeking to discredit tonight’s WaPo scoop on Mueller investigating Trump obstruction —>

https://twitter.com/PhilipRucker/status/875166972614516737

Edit: Morons keep attacking FBI and are saying Mueller can't chew gum and walk at same time.
iwJQrKk.jpg

nomis

Can someone create a GAF script that replaces instances of "Nothing will come of this" with "Soon."? Plz

If I see one more I'm going to violently vomit in anger

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
If you think these leaks are bad, wait and see what happens when he tries to fire Mueller. The IC will take them all down themselves.

I wonder how the world will react. I hope its like V-E day and everyone is out on the streets celebrating.

Then just think of afterwards, it'll be a conveyor belt of his associates going to trial, with the big man himself in the dock looking pathetic.

Keep thinking positive people.

Nafai1123

Banned
Don't forget.

President Trump told Russian officials in the Oval Office this month that firing the F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, had relieved “great pressure” on him, according to a document summarizing the meeting.

“I just fired the head of the F.B.I. He was crazy, a real nut job,” Mr. Trump said, according to the document, which was read to The New York Times by an American official. “I faced great pressure because of Russia. That’s taken off.”

Mr. Trump added, “I’m not under investigation.”

Zolo

Why are people saying an investigation should end because there's no evidence when part of an investigation is supposed to be looking for evidence?

I love the part about how firing Comey wasnt obstruction because it ultimately didnt stop the investigation.

Basically calling Trump a dumbass.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Also, people need to stop thinking republicans would instantly hire back Mueller like Schiff said. They wouldn't. These people are scumbags.

BriGuy

I almost wish they would arrest Hillary just so the GOP loses like 90% of its asinine talking points.

And I hope they're prepared to go down with the Trump ship if and when the time comes. You can't throw out all this FUD and then just wash your hands of it.

I love the part about how firing Comey wasnt obstruction because it ultimately didnt stop the investigation.

Basically calling Trump a dumbass.

Lindsey Graham was on Face the Nation and said there was no way Trump could collude with the Russians, because he couldn't even collude with his own government. So, yeah, they're basically going with the idea that Trump can't wipe his own ass as an argument.

Is this the fire that we have been looking for, since all this stuff started.

It's going to be a long few months, but when the charges are brought against him. It's going to be insane.

Still say he resigns, but I would love to watch impeachment trial

Why are people saying an investigation should end because there's no evidence when part of an investigation is supposed to be looking for evidence?
Right wing media audience doesn't think very critically so you can tell them ridiculous things like that and they'll believe you because confirmation bias

Can someone edit that kid on Christmas with an N64 video to replace the kid's face with the American flag and the N64 with this WaPo story?

Plinko

I almost wish they would arrest Hillary just so the GOP loses like 90% of its asinine talking points.

And I hope they're prepared to go down with the Trump ship if and when the time comes. You can't throw out all this FUD and then just wash your hands of it.

Most likely, many in leadership are complicit.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Lindsey Graham was on Face the Nation and said there was no way Trump could collude with the Russians, because he couldn't even collude with his own government. So, yeah, they're basically going with the idea that Trump can't wipe his own ass as an argument.

It's an amazing bit of cognitive dissonance whereby you protect the man by throwing him under the bus.

KHarvey16

Also, people need to stop thinking republicans would instantly hire back Mueller like Schiff said. They wouldn't. These people are scumbags.

I think they probably would. After firing Rosenstein and whoever else he had to before finding someone in the line of succession that would willingly get rid of Mueller, Trump would be pretty far gone. The Watergate parallels are close enough already but that I truly believe would be too much.

We're already seeing cracks.

Plinko

I think they probably would. After firing Rosenstein and whoever else he had to before finding someone in the line of succession that would willingly get rid of Mueller, Trump would be pretty far gone. The Watergate parallels are close enough already but that I truly believe would be too much.

Did you watch Sessions' testimony the other day? That was AFTER the NSA meeting where they knew this was going on, and most of them STILL defended him.

I agree that AT first it wouldn't happen, but I think that the IC and FBI would very easily be leaking shit against Trump, the White House, and even other Top Republicans, left and right to the point where just like how the Senate has had to at least pursue charges on "the obvious ones" (Flynn, Manafort, Page, etc.), there would be too much public pressure on republicans for them to not at least reassign Mueller.

To be fair, that sound less like Graham's literal argument and more like Graham complaining about the incompetency of Team Trump (which is something that Graham has been doing since Trump first announced his run for POTUS).

A source sent me RNC/Trump talking points for Repubs seeking to discredit tonight’s WaPo scoop on Mueller investigating Trump obstruction —>

Edit: Morons keep attacking FBI and are saying Mueller can't chew gum and walk at same time.

They are really choosing this hill to die on?

Imagine if the Republican party chose to do the right thing for once like the good ole boys they pretend to be.

Instead, the corruption in Washington is at an all time high, international relations are all but destroyed with our most important allies, our electoral system is compromised from a foreign adversary while we try to bury the truth next to our heads in the sand, and fucking treason is now okay as long as it's your team committing it.

But whenever someone questions you on it, just deflect like hell to old news like emails and Democrats losing the
compromised
election.

Fuck this shit. America is broken, with no solutions to ever be fixed.

Aww it must be nice to believe in fairy tales. The GOP will just shrug it off and go "well now we can back to fucking the less fortunate." All the people daring Trump to fire Mueller are insane as they think this will be a catalyst. The Republicans are monsters. Jesus Christ their own from years ago called Ryan full of shit when he tried to say that they would handle this the same way if it was a democrat. They are party over country all of them and will literally do nothing or push back as much as possible until Trump is not worth it. And if you think "firing Mueller" will get his rabid base of ignorant shits to stop supporting him and turn on the GOP as a whole you are as inept as the president.

KHarvey16

Aww it must be nice to believe in fairy tales. The GOP will just shrug it off and go "well now we can back to fucking the less fortunate." All the people daring Trump to fire Mueller are insane as they think this will be a catalyst. The Republicans are monsters. Jesus Christ their own from years ago called Ryan full of shit when he tried to say that they would handle this the same way if it was a democrat. They are party over country all of them and will literally do nothing or push back as much as possible until Trump is not worth it. And if you think "firing Mueller" will get his rabid base of ignorant shits to stop supporting him and turn on the GOP as a whole you are as inept as the president.

His "rabid base" is shrinking every single day. We can track the decline in numbers. People are jumping ship.

And republicans just voted to take away his ability to change or lessen sanctions.

RPGCrazied

I saw on twitter Hannity is calling for Mueller and Rod Rosenstein to resign immediately. How about Fox News fire you immediately?

benjipwns

Banned
our electoral system is compromised from a foreign adversary while we try to bury the truth next to our heads in the sand, and fucking treason is now okay as long as it's your team committing it
see this is where people start going off the rails

One crazy thought: what if the Rs in charge are playing their games in public because they were explicitly told not to spook the cattle?

His "rabid base" is shrinking every single day. We can track the decline in numbers. People are jumping ship.

And republicans just voted to take away his ability to change or lessen sanctions.

Maybe I watched a different questioning and defense of Sessions and Trump after the Comey questions last week.

Eidan

Remarkable. So Obama giving public remarks on Clinton's guilt with regards to the email investigation is an obstruction of justice...but Trump telling the FBI director to drop a criminal investigation isn't. Okay GOP.

Top Bottom