• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Special counsel is investigating Trump for possible obstruction of justice, officials

Shoeless

I saw on twitter Hannity is calling for Mueller and Rod Rosenstein to resign immediately. How about Fox News fire you immediately?

Fox in general and Hannity in particular seem to be like a moral compass. The more outraged they become, the clearer it is you're on the right track. When they're smug, satisfied and content, that's when you know you're screwed.

lol-duck.gif

benjipwns

Banned
lol wow they're really pushing the angle that leaking information is a bigger crime than whatever is leaked
To be fair, this was also the Obama Administration's position and Graham/McCain/etc. over Snowden. I think it extends deeper into the DC mindthink than Trump.

To be fair, this was also the Obama Administration's position and Graham/McCain/etc. over Snowden. I think it extends deeper into the DC mindthink than Trump.

They classify the fuck out of anything that gives them bad PR.

They don't actually care if it's sensitive or reveals sources, they just don't want the accountability to some of the disgusting shit they do.

Gutek

Omg. This is amazing.

I am imagining Trump slamming his phone down reading this news and it's giving me life.

I'm pretty confident Trump doesn't understand how perilous the situation is right now. Only when Fox & Friends explain it to him tomorrow morning will he semi-realize what is going on.

Zubz

Banned

It needs to stop regardless. These leaks have been a hell of a check on what could've easily turned into a Totalitarian state.

So are going to call this Trumpgate?

I don't want to even see his name on it. Besides, this may be bigger than Watergate. In that case, this wouldn't need the suffix; it'd make one of its own.

Shoeless

I'm pretty confident Trump doesn't understand how perilous the situation is right now. Only when Fox & Friends explain it to him tomorrow morning will he semi-realize what is going on.

I think Fox & Friends realize that, and won't do anything to ruffle his feathers.

Gutek

I think Fox & Friends realize that, and won't do anything to ruffle his feathers.

They will confirm his bias and tell him he is the victim of a witch hunt and democrats are making shit up. He'll cry about how unfair the world is on twitter around the same time.

KHarvey16

Yeah I saw the vote that also needs to pass the House and stand up to a most likely veto. Again, I'm not optimistic that they are now "woke" (is that the right term?).

I'm not saying they've all forever turned the corner. I'm saying they're no longer this monolithic unbreakable behemoth that always votes together and never wavers from supporting everything Trump does or says. His numbers are cratering and his most ardent supporters are leaving him quickly. It's getting to the point where republicans are weighing their future prospects against the benefit of remaining loyal now.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.

"In this morning's news... everything's fine! Our recent birthday boy President is not in any kind of trouble. He is a good man. The Democrats are only chasing ghosts and are mad losers. Everything is fine! Please ignore the massive inferno behind us and at the White House, that is an alternative fire"

benjipwns

Banned
Someday I'll hunt down what exactly got the second -gate suffix attached to it and stuck and who did it. And then we'll have a political trial. Oh will we.

They classify the fuck out of anything that gives them bad PR.

They don't actually care if it's sensitive or reveals sources, they just don't want the accountability to some of the disgusting shit they do.
It needs to stop regardless. These leaks have been a hell of a check on what could've easily turned into a Totalitarian state.
Agree and all, just wanted to note that on the particular point it's an infection beyond Trump.

Who wants to bet that Lil Donny called way more people with the same loyalty oath shit who all took notes?

The GOP just going to try to keep throwing everyone under the bus? Again and again?

Wouldn't surprise me at all at this point if he did.

I'm very curious to see where the GOP will draw the line. At this point, I kinda feel like Bruce in that episode of It's Always Sunny where he plays along with an obvious scam on Dee and Frank's part to see just how far they'll go.

Shoeless

"In this morning's news... everything's fine! Our recent birthday boy President is not in any kind of trouble. He is a good man. The Democrats are only chasing ghosts and are mad losers. Everything is fine! Please ignore the massive inferno behind us and at the White House, that is an alternative fire"

Yeah... that sounds about right.

Top Bottom