• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man: Homecoming review thread [92% RT]

I am not. I think you'll see more about this in the trades in the coming weeks. Rothman is making moves with Venom and Silver/Sable that will basically try and cut Marvel out of the Spidey business. It's there for all to see.

Do you know that Rothman and Fiege, back in the day, during the Tim Story Fantastic Four films, fell out and fucking hated each other for years? I mean, you wouldn't because you're 14, but it's true.

We shall see what develops but Sony aren't hiding their intentions, but it's all about how far they are willing and able to go with it.

No I am not.

But I sense your desperation and it pleases me. Shifting in your seat, constantly adjusting your collar.

When you find out I'm right could you PM me just so that I know you're alright?

Cheers, bud.

Is this Busty dude for real?

I could see the second post being used as the new edgelord copypasta XD

a916

Marvels output is truly an impressive feat to watch unfold.

Say what you want but they are putting out constant and consistent quality. Movies most people enjoy with absolutely no showing of franchise fatigue. People give them not enough credit and some are exaggerating with the criticism.

Other studios are still figuring out the right recipe for the cinematic universe concept. DC may be on the right path especially after WW but nobody comes close to what Marvel has accomplished.

I don't want to be that person... but it's clear that this is what Disney does well. I mean Disney as a whole under Iger have been firing on all cylinders with the rare misses. I mean once a year they get a Pirates or an Alice (both with Depp....) but all those animation, live action, Star Wars, Pixar, Marvel properties... something in that water.

ZeoVGM

Banned
No I am not.

I'm honestly not aware of your past. Are you an insider and I wasn't aware of it? If you actually have inside information, I of course apologize.

But others in the thread don't seem to be treating you as such so please correct me if I'm wrong.

But I sense your desperation and it pleases me. Shifting in your seat, constantly adjusting your collar.

... What?

jokes on you, I'm naked!

IMG_0051.jpg

Jigorath

Banned
Rothman is making moves with Venom and Silver/Sable that will basically try and cut Marvel out of the Spidey business. It's there for all to see.

If they wanted to cut Marvel out of the Spidey business then... why did they bring Marvel into the Spidey business. Getting Marvel to make your comic book movie for you (while not taking any of the profits) is like... Rothman would be fired so quick if he fucks that up.

No I am not.

Cheers, bud.

Holeeee sheeeit.

I can't handle all this dishonor and shame.

I don't want to be that person... but it's clear that this is what Disney does well. I mean Disney as a whole under Iger have been firing on all cylinders with the rare misses. I mean once a year they get a Pirates or an Alice (both with Depp....) but all those animation, live action, Star Wars, Pixar, Marvel properties... something in that water.

Yeah, I just wish their original content was doing as well it was back in the day, but oh-well, I don't hate most of their output as of late, so I can't complain.

AndersK

So wonder woman is better then spidey?

DC wins....in before "they 2 different types of movies tho" ;)

I know you're trying to make a sick burn, but Spidey has a higher average rating as of this moment, and the same tomatometer, so you literally don't make sense.

And why the tribalism? How about being happy that lots of stuff is getting great reviews?

LionPride

Banned
So wonder woman is better then spidey?

DC wins....in before "they 2 different types of movies tho" ;)
But Spidey has a better rating currently?

Also who gives a shit? Only people who gives a shit bout this MCU VS. DCEU shit are sad sacks of people who need some form of vindication

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
No I am not.

Cheers, bud.

Superhero movies bring out the worst in people.

Bronx-Man

Banned
13618850385899.jpg

"I sense your desperation and it pleases me. Shifting in your seat, constantly adjusting your collar.

When you find out I'm right could you PM me just so that I know you're alright?"

"Cheers, bud."

Blackage

No I am not.

Cheers, bud.

I love this post.

Cuburt

Who wants to bet trolls not getting the attention they want for shit posting in here are running into the Inhumans thread to feel good about themselves?

But Spidey has a better rating currently?

Also who gives a shit? Only people who gives a shit bout this MCU VS. DCEU shit are sad sacks of people who need some form of vindication

You should see the the Planet of the Apes review thread... One dude doesn't want it to do well because it might hurt Spider-Man's box office.

Top Bottom