• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man: Homecoming review thread [92% RT]

AndersK

Well, Snyder's personal circumstances regarding JL will probably also keep it quiet and mostly civil. I just can't see the thread go in BvS'es direction without leaving a bad taste in one's mouth.

Farsi

I feel that WW and Joss Whedon is giving people a false sense of hope.

Batman is driving towards some kind of ship when Superman in the black suit,beard & mullet lands right in front of it, red eyes and an evil smirk(fire in the background, raining ash, great visual shot) while Batman has a look of ”oh shit” as the trailer ends.”

We're in for one amazing ride come November.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
You should see the the Planet of the Apes review thread... One dude doesn't want it to do well because it might hurt Spider-Man's box office.

don't be shitty

wow, another hit. what a surprising trilogy!

hopefully this doesn't affect Homecoming box office too much, though
Why do you care

i want Sony to give Marvel the keys to the Spidey kingdom

the better it does, the more Sony is going to let Marvel do their own thing

DJChuy

Reviewing better than I expected. I expected mid-80 RT score, but it could still settle there when it's all said and done.

Spider-Man used to be my favorite hero until the Captain America movies came along. Super excited for this.

Reviewing better than I expected. I expected mid-80 RT score, but it could still settle there when it's all said and done.

Spider-Man used to be my favorite hero until the Captain America movies came along. Super excited for this.

With exceptions, they tend to settle around ~4 or so points below the initial scores. On rare occasions they do rise higher. More or less falling around what I expect, although I'll admit the average score might end up higher than I thought.

Cuburt

jon bones

Your post ain't exactly good broski

Idkidk

sure, it's a crazy persons thoughts but i'm not actively hoping a movie will fail "because it might hurt Spider-Man"

there's a difference there

not sure what i did to hurt broncobusters feelings

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
You should see the the Planet of the Apes review thread... One dude doesn't want it to do well because it might hurt Spider-Man's box office.

Lol what.

I'm a huge Spidey fan but Im more excited for the Apes movie. The first two were phenomenal movies.

13618850385899.jpg

"I sense your desperation and it pleases me. Shifting in your seat, constantly adjusting your collar.

When you find out I'm right could you PM me just so that I know you're alright?"

"Cheers, bud."
C-OGQJgVoAASuBQ.jpg

sure, it's a crazy persons thoughts but i'm not actively hoping a movie will fail "because it might hurt Spider-Man"

there's a difference there

not sure what i did to hurt broncobusters feelings

you probably talked shit about Macho Man Randy Savage. That'd personal vendetta tier for me.

really, I'm confused here. did you make the post in the apes thread? if so, then sorry. but part of the fun of these reviews threads is ribbing on each other. well, mostly bronson. check the temperature of the room.

jon bones

you probably talked shit about Macho Man Randy Savage. That'd personal vendetta tier for me.

really, I'm confused here. did you make the post in the apes thread? if so, then sorry. but part of the fun of these reviews threads is ribbing on each other. well, mostly bronson. check the temperature of the room.

you could be talking about someone else or were just mistaken, nbd

but i might have been guilty of the bolded, that does feel like something i'd say

So I'm reading the upcoming movie slate and if I'm understanding this correctly, Spider-Man Homecoming 2 is set after the two Avengers movies? Feels like that narrows down which MCU characters could cameo.

I really hope Ben Affleck has a good sense of humor lol

he's a good sport.

people who post those photos... though... they got some really weird movie issues going on. like almost all people have (even Ben) have pretty much agreed bvs is bad... but those guys can't let it go.

I'm sorry
Code:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/u1ZzDJE.png[/img]

Twist is JL ends up making more and higher reviewed, would laugh.

Though Reeve's Batman has a real chance of that happening, especially coming off three home runs with apes. Just a shame they couldn't stick him another DC character to give them a chance to shine, we already have 4-5 good Batman films.

he's a good sport.

people who post those photos... though... they got some really weird movie issues going on. like almost all people have (even Ben) have pretty much agreed bvs is bad... but those guys can't let it go.

Cake is a lie, Arrow in the Knee! haha

ZeroX03

Banned
This is great. Was worried after the trailers were pretty weak. Haven't wanted to see an MCU film for a while but I'll do it for Spidey.

broncobuster said:
Really dumb thing for that Dude to say.

Both of these movies will do great. War is following Dawn, which had a great box office, and was way up from Rise. Same for Homecoming. It's following Civil War, which had a excellent box office, and NTM, unlike Amazing series, Homecoming has the official MCU stamp of approval, and has been made very clear in the trailers/advertising, so yeah, Homecoming should do great business as well.

Plus, both of these movies have great critical buzz, which should help the box office take for both.

And least in my case, personally, I'm very much looking forward to both of these movies. While I cannot speak for everyone, gotta imagine that will be the case for many movie goers. These are easily the two biggest movies July.

Top Bottom