• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man: Homecoming review thread [92% RT]

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
giphy.gif

Don't worry Josh Whedon will fix Wonder Woman at least.

LionPride

Banned
Hear hear

This message is hidden because Subpar Spatula is on your ignore list.

Gawd bless forum options

AYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!
I don't even put SS on ignore, just don't respond to literally anything they say. Has led to significantly less headaches

Dalek

Hear hear

This message is hidden because Subpar Spatula is on your ignore list.

Gawd bless forum options

This is indeed the best thing to do-but I wish there was an option to completely mute people altogether - as if you don't even see that the post exists.

u1ZzDJE.png

Is there anywhere else to go from here?

Cipherr

Well, Snyder's personal circumstances regarding JL will probably also keep it quiet and mostly civil.

Shiiiiiit. Ill review a movie giving zero fucks. I respect the man has been through something awful, but that wont ever prevent me from critiquing a movie he makes, and I don't know why anyone else would feel that way either. You certainly wouldnt have a problem saying the film was good right? So why would it be different vice versa?

In any case, the films in Whedons hands anyway so there's not much to worry about. But if somehow it came out and was a stinker, and it REEKED of Snyders past mistakes? I would go in, regardless.

Justice League out in November...

Ehh, Whedons on JL. Its going to be just fine IMO. Hes one of the best at these movies, and after he delivers a gem with JL, fanboys on both sides will finally be able to admit as much.

This is indeed the best thing to do-but I wish there was an option to completely mute people altogether - as if you don't even see that the post exists.

u1ZzDJE.png

If/when JL and/or Matt Reeves's Batman does well, put an Ecstatic Affleck in the group laughing at Sad Affleck.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Ehh, Whedons on JL. Its going to be just fine IMO. Hes one of the best at these movies, and after he delivers a gem with JL, fanboys on both sides will finally be able to admit as much.

He's just doing some reshoots. This is still going to largely be Snyder's movie.

Man, I'm so excited for this movie now, read some reviews and avoided spoilers, but it's sounding like everything I've wanted in a Spider-Man movie.

It's one thing to be a "fanboy at heart." I feel that way about Nintendo, even though granted, I'm a multi-console owner.

But the point of being against the other side? I don't get it. I really don't.

As Wonder Woman should have shown, DCEU's problem all long is not the MCU... it was themselves. One company having success does not necessarily mean the failure of the other. As a fan both of many hero/villains from the Big 2, along with the genre in general, I just want to see a good story told.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
It's one thing to be a "fanboy at heart." I feel that way about Nintendo, even though granted, I'm a multi-console owner.

But the point of being against the other side? I don't get it. I really don't.

As Wonder Woman should have shown, DCEU's problem all long is not the MCU... it was themselves. One company having success does not necessarily mean the failure of the other. As a fan both of many hero/villains from the Big 2, along with the genre in general, I just want to see a good story told.

It's pretty sad how many people on Gaf have this fanboy mentality where they automatically hate all Marvel films. I'd feel pretty fucking pathetic if I hoped a movie would be bad just because it was DC or Marvel.

It's pretty sad how many people on Gaf have this fanboy mentality where they automatically hate all Marvel films. I'd feel pretty fucking pathetic if I hoped a movie would be bad just because it was DC or Marvel.
It's pretty fucking annoying.

I just want all of these movies to be good, man.

Spinluck

I'm gonna go watch some Oscar bait flicks and then return to this thread to trash your favorite MCU movie, because my taste is so much better than yours.

Anth0ny

There's fanboy shit on both sides, but it's annoying all the same. I've seen Marvel fanboys go so far as to call any non-Disney Marvel film complete shit, let alone DC stuff.

As someone who grew up watching and adoring Batman, Superman, Spider-Man and X-Men, I'll never understand it. But the mentality is everywhere.

Rue

I'm... Not sure what's happening with this thread.

Is there a spoiler thread yet? I'd really like to read other's impressions of the film. I honestly think it's the best Spider-Man by far in just about every aspect.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
There's fanboy shit on both sides, but it's annoying all the same. I've seen Marvel fanboys go so far as to call any non-Disney Marvel film complete shit, let alone DC stuff.

As someone who grew up watching and adoring Batman, Superman, Spider-Man and X-Men, I'll never understand it. But the mentality is everywhere.

Of course, but just speaking about Gaf, I really know one poster who constantly shits on DC films. There might be more but that's all I've seen, meanwhile, there's a handful of the DC guys doing that, we've seen a few in this thread already.

Like I said, it's pathetic on both "sides".

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I'm... Not sure what's happening with this thread.

Is there a spoiler thread yet? I'd really like to read other's impressions of the film. I honestly think it's the best Spider-Man by far in just about every aspect.

There is a impressions thread and a spoiler thread

Considering this movie is not even out in American yet, and does not even even say spoilers as a warning in the the thread title, no, it should not a spoilers thread.

Anth0ny

Of course, but just speaking about Gaf, I really know one poster who constantly shits on DC films. There might be more but that's all I've seen, meanwhile, there's a handful of the DC guys doing that, we've seen a few in this thread already.

Like I said, it's pathetic on both "sides".

You're not wrong. It's annoying and... really blatant. lol

This is one of my favorite gifs. The zoom out to Cavill and Shannon is straight out of Arrested Development.

If someone photoshopped a large sweatdrop on Cavill and Shannon's heads, it'd be perfect.

u1ZzDJE.png

Personally I wouldn't put Drax and Mantis there, but... it enhances the laughing theme I guess.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Personally I wouldn't put Drax and Mantis there, but... it enhances the laughing theme I guess.

I mean, it fits perfectly though.

They were just in a movie that was critically miles beyond BvS and it ended up making the same amount of money as it. Guardians of the Galaxy. Making the same amount of money as Batman and Superman in a movie for the first time.

(And the laughing scene in Guardians 2 is great.)

Principate

Saint Titanfall
I mean, it fits perfectly though.

They were just in a movie that was critically miles beyond BvS and it ended up making the same amount of money as it. Guardians of the Galaxy. Making the same amount of money as Batman and Superman in a movie for the first time.

(And the laughing scene in Guardians 2 is great.)
Eh people make too much of a big deal about that, superman hasn't been in a massively successful film in decade and I don't think movie audiences care too much about the character these days, Snyder's take or not.

It's mainly just batman doing the heavy lifting there.

Top Bottom