• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

Dam, this thread seems pretty lively. How quick is it to get into a game? I've been meaning to pick it up but held off because I assumed there was no way to play locally(assuming no LAN function).

Ansatz

Bah too many at A+ don't know how to counter weapons like rollers/blasters and just panick whenever the other team has the tower. You have to be systematic and play slow... a small lead is nothing

Crisium

Bah too many at A+ don't know how to counter weapons like rollers/blasters and just panick whenever the other team has the tower. You have to be systematic and play slow... a small lead is nothing

A+ is Blaster and Roller central on TC. I refuse to partake, so I never made A+ lol.

hello

what do you want to know?

just fyi I think scopes are better in pretty much every way

Well, basically what I just said. :p Is it difficult to switch onto an opponent at speed so they don't see the laser coming? It seems really hard without full visibility. Wondering if they play significantly different than your normal Splat Charger.

Grakl

Well, basically what I just said. :p Is it difficult to switch onto an opponent at speed so they don't see the laser coming? It seems really hard without full visibility. Wondering if they play significantly different than your normal Splat Charger.

Oh, well uh, just don't charge all the way. It's pretty rare I fully charge -- almost all my kills are twitch kills, so I'm constantly switching onto an opponent and never really aiming at them til the last moment

I play pretty much the same as I did without the scope, except I can hit farther, hah. I haven't run into any problems with aiming away then swiveling over to an enemy with it.

Oh, well uh, just don't charge all the way. It's pretty rare I fully charge -- almost all my kills are twitch kills, so I'm constantly switching onto an opponent and never really aiming at them til the last moment

I play pretty much the same as I did without the scope, except I can hit farther, hah.

Heh, thanks. I'll give them another go then.

Azure J

hello

what do you want to know?

just fyi I think scopes are better in pretty much every way

Come to think of it, you also need to teach me Splatterscope-fu. I actually have most of my basics down because of your playstyle but I'm wondering what to do to take it to the next level.

Nia

The opposing team won in Tower Control at the last second because I couldn't stop then from getting the lead. Time to hang up my videogame hat.

StAidan

So people what's you're fav and least fav map go.

Fav: Urchin Underpass

Least: Bluefin depot

Fav: Walleye Warehouse is amazing, packing a lot of cool features into a small space.

Least: Bluefin Depot, because it's easy to lose track of what's going on at the other side of the center -- and when you realize you're losing ground (perhaps because your teammates foolishly tried to breach the enemy base area), it takes too long to get over there.

Azure J

That feel when you snipe someone jumping off a tall structure

That feel when 10-1 in a hectic grounded Walleye shootout with a charger

DtaALoA.gif

Top Bottom