• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

Robotguy

Hit B- and a couple wins off from B (knock on wood). Some of the stuff I've seen on the way had made me wanting to cry.

Worst was I rode the damn tower by myself in a game that wasn't going anywhere. Finally get it within 10 units of the finish line and I see someone is about to super jump to me. I breath a sigh of relief and figure I can flank the respawn and seal the victory. I jump off, splat some dudes and turn around wondering why we haven't won and it turns out the dude jumped off and swam away.
Man, this reminds me of this turf war game I played at saltspray. I get to the top first and start setting up to defend, then this roller comes up and goes into the large area at the top. And I'm like, good, he'll paint all that while I'm defending and then presumably join me to help out. I'm defending the choke point area and notice the top still isn't painted, so I wonder what's up with that. I look at the gamepad and this guy actually super jumped to some other dude at the bottom of the map so he could go do whatever the fuck without actually painting the top of the map first.

Azure J

Hit B- and a couple wins off from B (knock on wood). Some of the stuff I've seen on the way had made me wanting to cry.

Worst was I rode the damn tower by myself in a game that wasn't going anywhere. Finally get it within 10 units of the finish line and I see someone is about to super jump to me. I breath a sigh of relief and figure I can flank the respawn and seal the victory. I jump off, splat some dudes and turn around wondering why we haven't won and it turns out the dude jumped off and swam away.

The ultimate form of griefing. This happens so often in TC.

Heng

Trying to figure out what is a good weapon to use, but I have been using the AeroSpray RG for a bit.
Try using special charge up or swim speed. Your main perks you may want are ninja squid, ink resistance, cold blooded, and tenacity. These are not required but it may help a lot.

What guns are you interested in?

Heng

Last game for me. GG guys.

SplatterShot, Aerospray, Splash-o-matic.
Then yeah, my advice would still stand. Obviously you don't have to follow it, but if those were the guns I use, those would be my choice.

I would prefer ninja squid over cold blooded. Try both out and see which fits your style of play.

Spike

Try using special charge up or swim speed. Your main perks you may want are ninja squid, ink resistance, cold blooded, and tenacity. These are not required but it may help a lot.

What guns are you interested in?

SplatterShot, Aerospray, Splash-o-matic.

Man, this reminds me of this turf war game I played at saltspray. I get to the top first and start setting up to defend, then this roller comes up and goes into the large area at the top. And I'm like, good, he'll paint all that while I'm defending and then presumably join me to help out. I'm defending the choke point area and notice the top still isn't painted, so I wonder what's up with that. I look at the gamepad and this guy actually super jumped to some other dude at the bottom of the map so he could go do whatever the fuck without actually painting the top of the map first.

Oh god, I've had so many games like this. I play sniper too, so it's my job to keep everyone away. They always help me and never check that the map is actually getting painted!

Violet_0

Banned
that game was my magnum opus, I can't top that

quadra kill, almost kraken quadra kill, 13/0 and sweet sweet revenge for every time Red splatted me, it had it all

Azure J

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01srofz.jpg

Finally got my kicks back to 2 Swim Speed Ups and I'm pretty much considering banning myself from messing with them any further until the next Splatfest. That said, I now have three special charge subs to play with and see how they interact with other customization.

Edit: Hopefully, fortune smiles on me and I can get Spyke to perfectly copy Phanphare's three swim speed up version.

Spike

Last game for me. GG guys.

Then yeah, my advice would still stand. Obviously you don't have to follow it, but if those were the guns I use, those would be my choice.

I would prefer ninja squid over cold blooded. Try both out and see which fits your style of play.

Thanks for the help, Heng. I will try these out, and hopefully soon, once I've gotten my style of play down pat, I can join with my fellow GAFfers for some fights.

Azure J

Oh, I totally forgot to ask earlier but Heng, what did you think of my charger play? I'm feeling a bit more confident in it but I definitely have some ways to go with it.

Heng

Oh, I totally forgot to ask earlier but Heng, what did you think of my charger play? I'm feeling a bit more confident in it but I definitely have some ways to go with it.
I can't say for sure since we didn't really go against each other. Your score seem fine, and you didn't get caught out of position like I did many times. We did have a pretty fun duel at mall, maybe we can play more tomorrow.

Bulbasaur

Banned
I used the 3 snails I got from Splatfest to add extra slots to my amiibo gear. Then I payed 30,000 to reroll and was not pleased with what I got. You should be able to pick what you'd like I think.

In seeing people with 4 fast running on their shoes! How the hell does that happen???

Diffense

I used the 3 snails I got from Splatfest to add extra slots to my amiibo gear. Then I payed 30,000 to reroll and was not pleased with what I got. You should be able to pick what you'd like I think.

In seeing people with 4 fast running on their shoes! How the hell does that happen???

Some brands have a better chance of giving you certain abilities. So if you roll those brands you are more likely to get doubles and triples.

Junahu

You can also order gear from other players and Spyke will occasionally get a version that perfectly matches what the other player had. You don't have to actually buy the gear to find out whether Spyke got you a perfect copy or not. But, he'll never get you gear that has more slots than it usually has, so you should only really order 2-3 star gear.

What does the timer in splat zone mean?
The timer that counts down whenever you have control over all the splat zones? It's a countdown to victory.
There are also penalty timers that are added beneath the main timers. If you lose control over all the splat zones, you get a penalty timer based on how long you had control over them before. When you regain control of the splat zones, you burn through your penalty timer before you can resume working on the main timer.

If enough time passes without anyone winning, and the losing team has control of the splat zones, you enter Overtime. Overtime ends if the winning team regains control, or if the losing team catches up.

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01rzsrz.jpg

This get up allows me more foot speed when firing. Normally I feel like a tank without run speed running and firing this weapon. But the 2 run speeds help. The 2 Ink Savers main also allow me to get off more shots and ink the ground more or take on more people if need be. The 2 refills help speed up the process which is a must since this weapon devours ink. Oh and the 2 ink saver subs are great when using splat bombs. Quite pleased with this get up.

Crisium

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01rzsrz.jpg

This get up allows me more foot speed when firing. Normally I feel like a tank without run speed running and firing this weapon. But the 2 run speeds help. The 2 Ink Savers main also allow me to get off more shots and ink the ground more or take on more people if need be. The 2 refills help speed up the process which is a must since this weapon devours ink. Oh and the 2 ink saver subs are great when using splat bombs. Quite pleased with this get up.

Ink Saver and Refill is a must with the Pro for sure. It does move slowly while firing, so I suppose run speed up helps. The other option is to accept your terrible fate of slow firing movement and instead capitalize on swim speed up.

I want to like the Pro, but compare it to the other weapons at its range: Dual Squelcher and 96 Gal.

The DS is super rapid fire for that range class, and the 96 hits hard as heck (2 hit KO). While the Dual Squelcher takes 4 hits compared to the Pro's 3, its rapid fire means it still kills very quickly. And because of that the penalty of missing just one shot is least severe of all 3 of the weapons. The Pro seems more balanced than the DS and 96 in this regard, but the ammo usage is just too extreme.

Now that we have a pair of 96's to choose from (and a pair of DS), it makes the Pros a tough choice. It comes down to sub and special choice imo, but otherwise try as I might I'm not a big fan of the Pro.

Ink Saver and Refill is a must with the Pro for sure. It does move slowly while firing, so I suppose run speed up helps. The other option is to accept your terrible fate of slow firing movement and instead capitalize on swim speed up.

I want to like the Pro, but compare it to the other weapons at its range: Dual Squelcher and 96 Gal.

The DS is super rapid fire for that range class, and the 96 hits hard as heck (2 hit KO). While the Dual Squelcher takes 4 hits compared to the Pro's 3, its rapid fire means it still kills very quickly. And because of that the penalty of missing just one shot is least severe of all 3 of the weapons. The Pro seems more balanced than the DS and 96 in this regard, but the ammo usage is just too extreme.

Now that we have a pair of 96's to choose from (and a pair of DS), it makes the Pros a tough choice. It comes down to sub and special choice imo, but otherwise try as I might I'm not a big fan of the Pro.

I like the Duel Squelcher a lot it's just the specials that I don't really like. I may go back to it some day using this set up. Not a fan of the 96, not sure why.

You can also order gear from other players and Spyke will occasionally get a version that perfectly matches what the other player had. You don't have to actually buy the gear to find out whether Spyke got you a perfect copy or not. But, he'll never get you gear that has more slots than it usually has, so you should only really order 2-3 star gear.

The timer that counts down whenever you have control over all the splat zones? It's a countdown to victory.
There are also penalty timers that are added beneath the main timers. If you lose control over all the splat zones, you get a penalty timer based on how long you had control over them before. When you regain control of the splat zones, you burn through your penalty timer before you can resume working on the main timer.

If enough time passes without anyone winning, and the losing team has control of the splat zones, you enter Overtime. Overtime ends if the winning team regains control, or if the losing team catches up.

OK cool. I didn't understand the penalty thing.

Mdk7

Don't post here often but just saw this shirt on sale at shirtpunch that I think you guys will enjoy.

https://www.shirtpunch.com/designs/details/ink-orange

I have bought a lot of shirts from them all nice quality.

That's cool, a preview of the design!
4e6dd_design_large.jpg

BTW, i made another new design after "Powerpuff Inkling Girl" and "Only Judd Can Judge Me", i am uploading it right now onto Teepublic, i will share it with you guys later, hopefully you'll dig it. ;)

Top Bottom