• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

Mdk7

LOL, i just got an email from Shirtpunch: they will publish my design as well in the upcoming days, YAY!

CJUrr4YWsAA9wDD.png

I will put it on Teepublic as well in a few minutes, in 5 different colors (orange, blue, green, pink and purple). :p

atr0cious

LOL, i just got an email from Shirtpunch: they will publish my design as well in the upcoming days, YAY!

CJUrr4YWsAA9wDD.png

I will put it on Teepublic as well in a few minutes, in 5 different colors (orange, blue, green, pink and purple). :p

Put this on a black hoodie with different ink colors please.

atr0cious

Nice, but it feels like the image isn't completely centered. If it were a little to the left and down just a bit, I'd grab it. The right corner looks like its clipping into the arm seam.

Level 20 yo

Made absolutely no progress on B-. Had a 6 win streak which I had previously invalidated by a losing streak which threatened to throw me back intro C+. Some time later I'm at 32 points lol

Mdk7

Nice, but it feels like the image isn't completely centered. If it were a little to the left and down just a bit, I'd grab it. The right corner looks like its clipping into the arm seam.

I think it's just a matter of preview, but i will contact the guys over at Teepublic as something doesn't look right, i agree.
Thanks mate!

atr0cious

I think it's just a matter of preview, but i will contact the guys over at Teepublic as something doesn't look right, i agree.
Thanks mate!

Yup, let me know, I saw they had different color hoodies, and gonna grab a green with pink version for my girlfriend.

Mdk7

Yup, let me know, I saw they had different color hoodies, and gonna grab a green with pink version for my girlfriend.
Thanks atr0cious!
They actually told me:
"Hey Marco! It should print in the proper place, but I updated the preview so it should be better now:" (and it does, even if it's still a bit too upwards for my taste - https://www.teepublic.com/hoodie/232782-just-dye-it.-green)

Anyway, do not feel obliged to buy anything of course... i made this as a fan, and felt like sharing with other fellow Gaffers who are also fans of the game, that's it. :)

Thanks atr0cious!
They actually told me:
"Hey Marco! It should print in the proper place, but I updated the preview so it should be better now:" (and it does, even if it's still a bit too upwards for my taste - https://www.teepublic.com/hoodie/232782-just-dye-it.-green)

Anyway, do not feel obliged to buy anything of course... i made this as a fan, and felt like sharing with other fellow Gaffers who are also fans of the game, that's it. :)
Ill take 20

J@hranimo

Banned
Thanks atr0cious!
They actually told me:

Man I'd buy the green one with the hoodie.

Grakl

let's be real - it's more like ~1.5-2 seconds :p
but yeah I'm getting lag from everyone in the room, I suppose the universe does not want me to play now

nah it's fine I left the room Grakl

it just gave me more reason to leave, I was supposed to sleep anyway hah

haven't really been playing at all lately because of classes

It's impossible to put a splash wall on the tower... *goes to check youtube in his salty desperation*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5h5MEdSn7k
O-kay. I'll try this later, still, really wanted to put it like you stick a sprinkler. :p

I really think splash wall would be significantly better if you could stick it like a sprinkler on the ground

So the august update will allow us to make groups for ranked?

Awesome If I team up with grakl, Violet and robot, I'll reach A in no time :p

bart64

Banned

I don't think so, for exactly this reason. What I'm hoping for is an unranked mode where tower and zones are available.

Geg

I don't think so, for exactly this reason. What I'm hoping for is an unranked mode where tower and zones are available.

Yeah I think what they said was that in the 8-player friend rooms you could just play any mode. I doubt winning or losing would affect your rank if you played those

Robotguy

Guys, I was up until 2 a.m. splatting last night.

Kill me.
I've been getting like an average of 2 hours less sleep per night since Splatoon launched.

Sub in Red, he's way better than me and you'd probably end up with a more balanced team in terms of weapons.

But they can't do ranked with teams unless they introduce a team ranked mode where you receive a team ranking instead of an individual one, as the ranking system requires that you be with random teammates/ opponents in order for everyone to have an equal shot. In order for that to be truly fair you would really have to compete only with other prebuilt teams, as randoms would have a disadvantage in terms of coordination and not being able to choose optimal weapons for team play. I imagine this would cause lots of matchmaking problems unless the playerbase was huge.

However, from what I've read it does sound like you'll be able to play the ranked modes in custom lobbies where you can set up teams with your friends, however the games won't impact your rank.

Am I totally missing it or can you not play with bots at the moment?

Sometimes I like mindlessly playing against bots on easy in shooters to relax.
Play Turf Wars with randoms. Same thing. :p

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Tower Control again!? Is it 24hrs of each? I ignored ranked earlier, hoping it'd switch over to splat zones at 7pm.

Man what kind of randoms do you guys play with, the game always seems to pair me up with at least a few super competent or sneaky randoms every time I play. I actually had a better win record playing in a room half full with gaffers yesterday than I did playing with randoms

Yeah, my experience with randoms varies pretty wildly. Sometimes they clearly have no idea what they're doing and sometimes they are damn good teammates.

Robotguy

Man what kind of randoms do you guys play with, the game always seems to pair me up with at least a few super competent or sneaky randoms every time I play. I actually had a better win record playing in a room half full with gaffers yesterday than I did playing with randoms
It varies. A lot of times it's pretty much just target practice, but I do frequently get in the room with at least a couple of actually good players, which can make it really competitive even if most of the players in the room are generally pretty bad.

Grakl

I almost always get a competent team in ranked

In turf wars it's just target practice like robotguy says though

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Who is filling guysloth's slots? Need more this time zone people as I only get one, maybe two purples

Then I join and he isn't there :p

atr0cious

If I'm in a room with gaf, and there happen to be randoms in the room, 9 times out of 10, they end up on my team. If I'm lucky, they'll have an easy gun like splattershot or aerospray, heaven forbid a charger, but half the time they're competent, but not gaf speed so we lose. Other times, they leave beacons on spawn and we get rolled. If I play full on randoms by myself, I could careless because I have no expectations or faith in them, but in a gaf room, it really makes you think about your role and how you and your teammates are pulling their own weight. Probably the main reason I'm nozzle right now, need to be able to hang with close range and far reach in order to fill gaps from lacking teammates.

Anyone here skilled with the scopes? I use the Splat Chargers, but scopes outranging me pisses me off. It seems like it would be really hard to aim elsewhere and then switch onto an opponent fast enough with their tiny visibility. I was having a hell of a time of it in the testing range.

Grakl

Anyone here skilled with the scopes? I use the Splat Chargers, but scopes outranging me pisses me off. It seems like it would be really hard to aim elsewhere and then switch onto an opponent fast enough with their tiny visibility. I was having a hell of a time of it in the testing range.

hello

what do you want to know?

just fyi I think scopes are better in pretty much every way

Top Bottom