• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

Robotguy

Staring at map not paying attention.
Here special activation noise.
Look up team mate runs past me, gives me a bubbler. Enemy kraken runs into me .5 seconds later. Thanks bro.

Zero²

Suction bombs are OP btw :p
And I still have to find a way to work around dynamos on this mode, any ideas?
Have any of you tried throwing a sprinkler on the sides of the Tower or the side facing you? It seemed pretty effective for one guy on the other team in one of my games.
Hummm interesting idea blue! That way the sprinkler is such a easy target to all those freaking bombs :p

Damn 3am here, going to bed. Cya you guys on friday ^^

Robotguy

Have any of you tried throwing a sprinkler on the sides of the Tower or the side facing you? It seemed pretty effective for one guy on the other team in one of my games.

Was thinking of sprinkler on tower when I was considering .96. I'll have to try that I suppose.

Violet_0

Banned
rapid blaster on bluefin tower control is gud, you can really take advantage of the extra range
my team was less gud, but ah well

ryechu

its is impossible to get to the highest ground with the charger. Getting ink on those grey boxes they added to the plastic sided box is a death sentence. I just wanna anipe from on top of the grates man.

Fandangox

I changed my weapon to the custom jet squelcher (I think that's the name? The green one) and the range on this thing is insane.

Geg

Oh man I just went through the recon of bluefin depot tower control, there are so many areas for enemies to ambush to tower on its way to the end of the route. The player(s) standing on the tower will have to be super vigilant

Grakl

Having a great time with charger for both maps, but I have no idea how to get to the high ground on Bluefin Depot with it. I pretty much just rely on my team at that point.

Both Arowana Mall and Bluefin Depot are very fun, though. Favorite mode so far, I think.

Fandangox

You don't see that many jet squelchers, but I just played one and I was like this range is nuts, that's not fair.

Yeah I actually think this may a biit unbalanced, its range is crazy, It actually got me to camp because it was just so effective and I rarely camp on games.

Geg

You don't see that many jet squelchers, but I just played one and I was like this range is nuts, that's not fair.

I'm so used to the dual squelcher having the longest range the shooters in a match that when someone does use a jet squelcher and is shooting at me from afar I'll just walk forward to shoot them before realizing "Wait my shots aren't hitting them SHIT I'M DYING"

ryechu

They should have better rule explanations. They dont say in turf wars that walls dont count. They dont explain overtime in splatzones. They dont remark how the tower moves faster the parts of the track it has been through. Clearly everyone who follows media or forums will know all these things, but there are a lot of newbies who dont learn this stuff for a while because the game doesnt explain it to them.

Robotguy

I'm so used to the dual squelcher having the longest range the shooters in a match that when someone does use a jet squelcher and is shooting at me from afar I'll just walk forward to shoot them before realizing "Wait my shots aren't hitting them SHIT I'M DYING"
I get mad when people play jet squelcher.

Azure J

Watching Warchamp's stream, I kinda never want to plat Tower Control on Mall. Jesus these chargers...

On another note:

nCZXl4h.jpg

Firefin brand, you da real MVP.

inzGrzZEAkv9V.gif

Shahadan

They should have better rule explanations. They dont say in turf wars that walls dont count. They dont explain overtime in splatzones. They dont remark how the tower moves faster the parts of the track it has been through. Clearly everyone who follows media or forums will know all these things, but there are a lot of newbies who dont learn this stuff for a while because the game doesnt explain it to them.

They also could open their eyes and understand by themselves since the game is indeed providing you with everything to do that except writing it and putting it in your face.

RedFyn

I want them to give you tons of points for staying on the tower. That way I can kill people and not have to worry about whether someone's on the tower or not.

Tower Control is extremely frantic at first, and clearly very young. team coordination is more important than ever. Bubblers appear dominant at first with their ability to transfer to allies, but killer wails and merely shooting at bubblers with higher ranged weapons will be effective

one thing's certain, this is splatoon's most offensive and aggressive mode. I do love that all three feel very distinct.

curious how they'll handle the coexistence of all three known ranked modes once they're all released

There is nothing better than sitting on top of the tower block and picking guys off from miles away with the dual squelcher; I really really like the "Tower Control" mode, it's much more fun and frantic than splatzones.

Robotguy

It is pretty good, but I guess is somehwhat balanced in that its sub weapon isn't very good and the kraken isn't as useful as other super weapons (equolocator, inkstrike, bubbler, killer wail)
My entire game is based on outranging people though. :p

Fandangox

You don't switch based on map?

Not usually, I mostly play shooter weapons, so its mostly a difference of fire rate/damage/range that I guess I find more universally useful by a mode-basis than map-basis.

Plus, for Turf War, splat-o-matic seems to be good enough in that mode for any map either way.

Violet_0

Banned
arowana mall is great.

Warehouse and Underpass are kind of meh in Tower Control, but Mall and Bluefin feel like they were designed around this mode. The large maps seem to benefit the most from the new gameplay elements. It will be hard to go back to Turf Wars now

Sendou

Warehouse and Underpass are kind of meh in Tower Control, but Mall and Bluefin feel like they were designed around this mode. The large maps seem to benefit the most from the new gameplay elements. It will be hard to go back to Turf Wars now

Which brings the question of how ever they designed the game to support playing with friends only in one mode is beyond me. I assume August update will rectify this.

ryechu

Currently turf wars with friends is about as intense as ranked with randoms. I wonder how turf war will compare after the august update.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Played a few rounds of tower control and really enjoyed it. Really frantic and fun.

Grakl

Anyone have some good Splatoon music remixes?

Not usually, I mostly play shooter weapons, so its mostly a difference of fire rate/damage/range that I guess I find more universally useful by a mode-basis than map-basis.

Plus, for Turf War, splat-o-matic seems to be good enough in that mode for any map either way.
Love the splat-o-matic, such a fun weapon. Only map I don't like it in is Bluefin Depot

69wpm

Tower Control is a lot of fun, managed to get 99 points at A+.

MlWA77vvhL8Wv8f4Z6

The only annoying thing is when the enemy team has 3 good rollers and they spam everything. If your team has only long range weapons you can't ink the place and move around :-/ Thankfully that happened only once. What I enjoy is the balance in this mode. I only once once in a few seconds.

Grakl

Tower Control is a lot of fun, managed to get 99 points at A+.

MlWA77vvhL8Wv8f4Z6

The only annoying thing is when the enemy team has 3 good rollers and they spam everything. If your team has only long range weapons you can't ink the place and move around :-/ Thankfully that happened only once. What I enjoy is the balance in this mode. I only once once in a few seconds.

I love it when I once once.

grats lol

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Is tower control not a selectable mode then? The game chooses tower or splat zone for you? Bah if true.

Sendou

Is tower control not a selectable mode then? The game chooses tower or splat zone for you? Bah if true.

Let's wait until it's a global 2 million seller before dividing the player base more. Especially now that kids go back to school in a month or so :p

Top Bottom