• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

StAidan

Man, I don't even like Splat Zones (tried it twice and stopped at rank C- 30), but this new mode is awesome. I moved up to C+ 30 before calling it quits for the night, with my best k/d being 27-9.

One of my favorite rounds was when ALL THREE of my teammates disconnected simultaneously and I continued to hold off the enemy team solo for 90 seconds before succumbing to the inevitable loss. I'm sure they were all lousy players anyway, but boy it felt good :p

They had two bubblers, they got about a 1/4 in. One threw his up, got us 3, the other one threw his up at about 3/4 to the goal.

I'm like BOOYA cause I couldn't believe nobody shot them off the tower. Suddenly at the last second, my team quad kills and we rush with our inkzooka's for the win while in overtime.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
My A+ 99 is safe, won 10 in row. Can't wait for GAF tower control with teams, communication will be key on those matches!

Just shoot em off. They nerf gave them much more pushback from attacks

Yeah thanks I figured that out the second match against that opponent, glad they nerfed it becuase original kraken would almost break tower control.

Geg

Oh god I got disconnected from my earlier lobby and when I went to join a new game it put me as the only level 20 player in a lobby full of people sub level 15. I saw so many amateur mistakes being made I kind of felt bad for beating them. I sneaked around the back on urchin underpass and inked up their entire base and no one noticed until the last 15 seconds or so

Totakeke

My mind feels numb from all the chaos and splats. K/D doesn't even really matter that much. You just need one good push.

Really liking tower control so far. On a hell of a winning streak. A bit disappointed that there's only one ranked game at a time, I'd like to be able to choose between them depending on what I'm feeling - maybe this will change later?

WALKMAN04

Alright I'm feeling this mode now, once less people started playing I guess my lag issues went away, got back to A+ 99 points real quick. Also a lot of you are saying that this would be real fun to play with each other, but has it been confirmed that we can play any mode with our friends once the August update hits. That would be great but I don't remember hearing it, I hope one of you proves me wrong.

Malus

I feel like blasters would be really good here for hitting the person on the tower, but I don't wanna test my humble blaster skills against A level players lol.

Grakl

What's wrong with blasters on turf war?
I just don't think people play correctly so they don't know how to deal with it, and I play blaster quite a bit in turf war

It boils down to that the blaster doesn't cover ground well and you're vulnerable for a good amount of time after a shot.

People just don't move up to blasters ever when they should when they have rapid fire weapons.

Geg

I just don't think people play correctly so they don't know how to deal with it, and I play blaster quite a bit in turf war

It boils down to that the blaster doesn't cover ground well and you're vulnerable for a good amount of time after a shot.

People just don't move up to blasters ever when they should when they have rapid fire weapons.

Most blasters I've seen bunnyhop to fix that problem. I don't think I've ever managed to take out a bunnyhopping blaster

I really hate that when it comes to Nintendo it is always about limitations. Whats so bad about having the OPTION to also play Splat zones?. Ugh.

Crayolan

Most blasters I've seen bunnyhop to fix that problem. I don't think I've ever managed to take out a bunnyhopping blaster

The key is disruptors. Completely destroys their jump height.

Either that or predict where they're going to land and ink the ground there.

Totakeke

I won as a charger! I won as a charger! I sat on top of the tower at the very last section to victory.

Fuck this mode.

I won as a charger! I won as a charger! I sat on top of the tower at the very last section to victory.

Fuck this mode.

Gone back full loop? :p

(1 hour and 30 til next map rotation, huh? Wanted to wait and see the maps but nah, will do it tomorrow. Keep me updated on the map rankings, gtg guys!)

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
What's so great about tower control is that it doesn't matter how bad you are currently doing, as long as the match isn't over, one big push is all that is needed to turn the tide. I know turf war and splat zone have a similar element, but with tower control a successful push can only take twenty seconds to pull of and the last two and a half minutes are completely voided.

That's why I think anything with a kraken or a bubbler is going to dominate this mode. The rest can be great support weapons, but a perfectly-timed bubbler or kraken can carry the tower a substantial way with little to no support from your team. I'm not saying a skilled player with other support weapons can't do the same, but it's going to take much more skill (and a little bit of luck) to survive four opponents aiming directly at you without any invincibility ability.

Malus

Took the blaster into Tower Control and scored a couple of knockouts. Nice.

FINALLY A RANK. I feel like I can get away with shorter range weapons in this mode vs Splat Zones. It really forces you to get up close.

Geg

God what is with the internet today. Disconnects in almost every game, some of them are me. I would have been So Hawt on the vibe meter by now if it weren't for all these disconnects and instead I'm down to 2.0

WALKMAN04

So I just played a round on urchin where my teammate got the tower at the middle after we wiped out there team, I decided I should go ahead and clear out some enemies for him. I managed to wipe out the entire enemy team, then I look at the map and see that the tower has not moved at all and all my teammates were alive in the middle of the map. I'm just there wondering what the hell they are doing like did you fall off the tower and none of you could get on for the past 20 seconds. We won the match eventually but I'm still wondering how a team of A+ players can't get on a tower with no one guarding it.

DrStiles

The jingle from being on the tower is going to haunt my dreams tonight.

Made it from C+ to B though, so good night overall.

Maybe I'm almost ready to start playing with/against SplatGAF...

Grakl

Well yeah, bunnyhopping is good and continues your momentum -- I do it too. But your goal should be to get right on top (or below) of the blaster, and not to stay anywhere near the explosion.

I still love me my blaster, though. Of the three weapons I use, custom blaster is one of em.

I think it's OK (or meh) for turf wars, and great for the other two modes. And then probably amazing for tower control, but I need to play it more.

Robotguy

Think I'll switch to Custom Dual Squelcher. Beacons can be massive in this and I haven't had many matches where may teammates are placing them. Plus I'm barely using splat bombs in this mode anyways.

Totakeke

Yeah Custom Blaster is extremely good from the couple of rounds I used it. But damn if it doesn't feel like both teams are just throwing themselves at each other until it swings one way or another. There's no tactics or strategy involved.

Top Bottom