• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

Crisium

New map tomorraw. Aw yis

CJWjA7dVAAAB1ll.jpg

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/619325187188617218

Rollers and Chargers. It's all just Rollers and Chargers!

Guessing anyway.

RedFyn

Ahh, my bad. I was talking about the roller class in general. Everything I've said definitely applies more to the Dynamo than the others.

Sorry about implying aiming takes little skill, that definitely isn't the case. I just think the aiming portion is the easiest part of using the roller, but that comes from practice and getting the hang of it, but yea, that doesn't guarantee a OHKO either. It's the positioning, traversal, and general awareness while using the roller that I find to be the parts of it that requires a lot of experience and are generally more difficult with rollers (carbon and standard) than other weapon types.

I want to see how far the Dynamo's fling will go on this map.
Here's my edit in case you missed it.
Edit: I'm not trying to say that it's hard to aim but that it's more technically involved than you're saying.

You're absolutely right that it's the easiest thing, aside from attacking while falling which is deceptively difficult.

The dynamo plays so much differently from the roller that I can't group it with the others. It would be like complaining that the splatter shots aren't accurate enough and only be talking about the Jr. Or that the Squelchers have too slow of a fire rate and only be talking about the blue one.

StAidan

I just added a whole bunch of you guys on my Wii U, I think I'm about ready to try SplatGAF (and maybe be laughed out of the room in short order).

If I missed anyone who wants to be my friend, NNID is StAidan.

EDIT: Also, Team Waterslide!

Robotguy

Red was quite laggy that match. 4 times I killed him and had to run away until the confirmation came up 10-15 seconds later.

Nice. Been waiting for this one.
I killed Red twice that match and never got a confirmation. Presumably because he was already dead.

It probably has the best coverage of circumstances out of all the weapons I've used thus far. The Splattershot main and Suction Bomb sub make it good at covering close to mid range fights, pincering enemies, and fighting enemies on higher ground or over walls. Inkzooka can be used for anti-zoning, fighting multiple targets at once, or to even just get a quick splat since the first Inkzooka shot is difficult to react against. It's not overpowered, but relative to other weapons the Tentatek Splattershot doesn't have to work as hard overall imo.

Regular Splattershot just doesn't have the threat or surprise factor that the Tentatek Splattershot does. Aerospray MG and Carbon Roller are easier to out-zone in comparison. I haven't used the Splattershot Forge Pro but I haven't seen anyone use it that much online either.

I actually prefer the regular Splattershot over Tentatek. Burst bombs are very good at suppressing people since it costs little ink, explodes on contact and is thrown fast and bomb rush is great for overwhelming people and is a lot better than Inkzooka for ground painting

Combine that with bomb range, ink saver sub and damage up and you got yourself a relentless bombardier.

black_clavus

Neo Member
So, in the end, I need to use roller or charger because this map ;_;

anyway GAF, which team will be most popular?
I really want to win

I actually prefer the regular Splattershot over Tentatek. Burst bombs are very good at suppressing people since it costs little ink, explodes on contact and is thrown fast and bomb rush is great for overwhelming people and is a lot better than Inkzooka for ground painting

Combine that with bomb range, ink saver sub and damage up and you got yourself a relentless bombardier.
I will have to get into a game with you sometime and see how you use the regular Splattershot! I tried using it with gear that was a little heavy on Bomb Range Ups (I think it went from 3 dotted lines to 6 in the test area lol), and while it was fun I couldn't say that I was contributing much to the team.

Edit: I'll admit that inking ground isn't a high point of the Tentatek, though it does so fairly well. While Inkzooka isn't ideal for inking ground, it can scare off or splat enemies, which will hopefully give your team some respite to claim ground.

Edit2: I really want to see Splatfest be expanded to the in-game brands for voting options.

Crisium

Ahh, new Splatfast is on the 17th? Dang, I will probably not be able to play the game that day and probably for the next week or week and a half. At least I'm guaranteed 2 Snails if I vote. ;)

Geg

I have never hammered the c'mon button so fast or angrily why the fuck are all three of my teammates on the bottom platform on saltspray

Top Bottom