• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

ryechu

I actually prefer the regular Splattershot over Tentatek. Burst bombs are very good at suppressing people since it costs little ink, explodes on contact and is thrown fast and bomb rush is great for overwhelming people and is a lot better than Inkzooka for ground painting

Combine that with bomb range, ink saver sub and damage up and you got yourself a relentless bombardier.

the regular splattershot is def more fun.

Crayolan

New Splatfest already? Rollercoasters vs. Water Slides.

CJgSESkWUAAJh37.jpg

Rollercoasters give me headaches.

Water slides (well, Log Flumes in specific) are fucking amazing.

Easy choice.

Hmm, not even close for me. I have 403 hours of MK8 vs 132 hous of Splatoon.

In fact Smash and MH3U are still beating it, I need to get my Splat time up.

phanphare

Banned
just had a ridiculously hilarious match on arowana mall of all maps. I was using the regular splattershot and just beelined to the middle to start, took care of that, peeked over, and went onto the enemy's side. then for the rest of the match I stayed there. I covered and recovered all of that turf. the low ground, the square area up to the left, and side path up to the right. took care of anyone who came by. I was getting so many splat bomb kills it was hilarious. I'd build my special, use burst bomb rush to splat them, then while they were respawning I'd build my special again, rinse, repeat. it got fucking nutty. I'm going to have to buy a capture card soon for this game lol.

Geg

Jesus I just played an 11-0 game on Saltspray but it was only a 43-42.7 victory. What the hell was the rest of my team doing while I was busy defending the north part of the stage all by myself?

jnWake

I played Tower Control earlier with some guy, we were both using Custom Dual Squelcher. Such lovely use of the Radar thing, we had every important part of the map covered and won beautifully. It's great when you play with people that have a clue about what to do haha.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Jesus I just played an 11-0 game on Saltspray but it was only a 43-42.7 victory. What the hell was the rest of my team doing while I was busy defending the north part of the stage all by myself?
They were protecting you.

That blaster tho

It's my goal to get good with every weapon I suck with. I'm almost there with rapid blaster and the next challenge will be squelchers. It's so irritating to see everyone cleaning up with those when I can barely scratch out of last place on the losing team with one :mad:

Robotguy

Just played a match where guysloth just followed me around skipping and spaming booyah half the match. Then I did it too for a little while. We still won though because we were against low tier scrubs.

Timeaisis

It's my goal to get good with every weapon I suck with. I'm almost there with rapid blaster and the next challenge will be squelchers. It's so irritating to see everyone cleaning up with those when I can barely scratch out of last place on the losing team with one :mad:

You did great with the blaster imo. I know because I yelled at the tv a lot lol. But I hear you on squelchers. I have no clue with those things.

We can train together so we don't feel so bad.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
lol Totakeke that last game was way too unfair in our favor. GGs

Clearly not since they kept letting them paint up the bottom area and walkways and let them make it up to me
You've never died within the life of this game? If you only got 11 kills, they clearly did a good thing.

Ahnez

I guess it will still take a while until Splatoon becomes my most played game..

It has to beat SSBM, with over 2500 hours

I can confirm that 200cc didn't work out very well for Greg's VR. :(

#Still Embittered -_-

The reach on the rapid blaster still shocks me too. Judd isn't kidding when he says your shots go father when you're on high ground. I was sniping folks yesterday from the tower on skatepark like I had a damn e-liter or something :lol

Geg

That doesn't say A+

Congrats. What weapon do you use?

Custom Dual Squelcher pretty much exclusively.

I've noticed lately that's how I tend to play games like this, even when there are tons of options I gravitate toward something that feels the best/most comfortable to me and don't touch anything else. I only have one main for Smash Bros too (can you guess who it is)

Ozium

anyone picking the team now before it's known which is the most popular is not maximizing their cost/benefit ratio.

Top Bottom