• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

Azure J

Ninjas out here camping my super jump position in the last second like it's going to win them the game to kill me at second 1. lmao

bart64

Banned
only on the internet can we find people that don't understand "principles" and reduce everything down to "you are angry about not getting X"

no I am angry because it is straight up bullshit and doesn't reward people for doing their best, but rather rewards them if they side with the popular vote... why even battle then? it clearly doesn't matter. should just be everybody votes 2
Well yeah, it's a comentary on American style democracy, obviously. The most popular idea wins no matter How good it is!

Ozium

I played tower control last night and kept yelling at my team to c'mon then I noticed that I was only one alive so 3 people on my team disconnected?

I held them off by myself until the match ended due to time and my reward was ranking down... Splatoon devs are so awesome and great
note this is sarcasm because they are shit devs, cf. splatfest, 2 map rotation, etc.

great that you can be fucked over by teammates disconnecting and continuing to play. also there are no penalties to people rage quitting for abandoning matches...

I finally get why everyone swears by it in ranked. Thing is a monster.
It probably has the best coverage of circumstances out of all the weapons I've used thus far. The Splattershot main and Suction Bomb sub make it good at covering close to mid range fights, pincering enemies, and fighting enemies on higher ground or over walls. Inkzooka can be used for anti-zoning, fighting multiple targets at once, or to even just get a quick splat since the first Inkzooka shot is difficult to react against. It's not overpowered, but relative to other weapons the Tentatek Splattershot doesn't have to work as hard overall imo.

Regular Splattershot just doesn't have the threat or surprise factor that the Tentatek Splattershot does. Aerospray MG and Carbon Roller are easier to out-zone in comparison. I haven't used the Splattershot Forge Pro but I haven't seen anyone use it that much online either.

RedFyn

I never said that or meant that. I was saying aiming is very lenient for roller. You cover a wide area that can cause damage and possible OHKO while every other weapon other than the Blasters require you to aim exactly at the opponent (ignoring arcing shots which the rollers also have). The difficulty with it comes from getting close to the opponent to get a OHKO.
The bigger problem with rollers is that accuracy isn't really an issue with rollers. There's some RNG involved with where the flick goes, but generally, it is enough. Every other weapon have to deal with accuracy.
Quick note, I'm only talking about the rollers. Dynamos belong in a separate category.

I wasn't being literal but you seem to think it's easier than it is. You are right the roller requires less accuracy than a straight shooting gun however its similar to the inaccurate guns in that while you can kill someone you aren't aiming directly at it isn't reliable. The roller flicks or "shoots" ink and it requires you to land a certain amount of shots to get a kill. It's impossible to test this but I assume that each shot does the same amount of damage. Let's say for example the roller shoots 6 shots and each shot does 40 points of damage. I have to land 3 of those shots to get a kill. The shots spread out the farther they go which is why you can't kill someone in one hit that's far away. The ink also arks forcing you to aim just right or the shot will go too high or too low. I often have to hit someone two or even three times to get the kill because they're too far away or my aim is bad.

You are right that the biggest difficulty is traversal however aiming requires much more skill than you're implying.

Edit: I'm not trying to say that it's hard but that it's more technically involved than you're saying.

For Splatoon 2, perhaps they could just give all players an amount of "points" to spend as they customize everything (from weapons and their stats to abilities and their levels to slot extensions).
Your solution doesn't solve the balancing issue while simultaneously restricting the possible loadouts.

Avalt

Played about 10 standard games today and only won about 2. Played 10 ranked games and also won only 2 times.

Maybe it was just bad luck, but it seemed that only really skillful players were playing. I was getting my ass handed every match. For the first time I actually didn't have a fun time with the game :(

Geg

Team, you know how at the top of the screen all the enemy's squids are black with X's for eyes? That means their whole team is dead, which means it's okay to push forward out of the central area of urchin underpass. Come on. I know you can do it.

Nia

I just saw there is going to be another Splatfest soon. Damn! I haven't even uploaded all of my matches from the first one! Well, I will say I'm on Team Waterslide. I hate roller coasters.

Ahnez

Every time I win a ranked match, I get a comm error in the next one

By the end, even losing just once, I got back to where I started

why

AdanVC

New map tomorraw. Aw yis

CJWjA7dVAAAB1ll.jpg

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/619325187188617218

DaBoss

Quick note, I'm only talking about the rollers. Dynamos belong in a separate category.

I wasn't being literal but you seem to think it's easier than it is. You are right the roller requires less accuracy than a straight shooting gun however its similar to the inaccurate guns in that while you can kill someone you aren't aiming directly at it isn't reliable. The roller flicks or "shoots" ink and it requires you to land a certain amount of shots to get a kill. It's impossible to test this but I assume that each shot does the same amount of damage. Let's say for example the roller shoots 6 shots and each shot does 40 points of damage. I have to land 3 of those shots to get a kill. The shots spread out the farther they go which is why you can't kill someone in one hit that's far away. The ink also arks forcing you to aim just right or the shot will go too high or too low. I often have to hit someone two or even three times to get the kill because they're too far away or my aim is bad.

You are right that the biggest difficulty is traversal however aiming requires much more skill than you're implying.
Ahh, my bad. I was talking about the roller class in general. Everything I've said definitely applies more to the Dynamo than the others.

Sorry about implying aiming takes little skill, that definitely isn't the case. I just think the aiming portion is the easiest part of using the roller, but that comes from practice and getting the hang of it, but yea, that doesn't guarantee a OHKO either. It's the positioning, traversal, and general awareness while using the roller that I find to be the parts of it that requires a lot of experience and are generally more difficult with rollers (carbon and standard) than other weapon types.
I want to see how far the Dynamo's fling will go on this map.

RedFyn

Red was quite laggy that match. 4 times I killed him and had to run away until the confirmation came up 10-15 seconds later.
Com error. I was walking around waiting for it to kick me which took over a minute. Then it took a long time to load the breaking news. Not sure what was going on.

Malus

YES finally a new map. I said to myself yesterday I was gonna take a break from the game until a new map released. I'm a squid again.

Oh hell yes, I did it guys!! Made it to A- Big boy territory :D

MlWA77xtEuc31K6w73

I want to give a huge thanks to the Luna blaster for the 16 game win streak. Shits op on tower control XD

Moray towers looks incredible, can't wait to jump off way from the top.

Top Bottom