• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

GGs, guys. I gotta sleep now before I screw my sleep schedule up bad again.

See you guys tomorrow. =D

I probably should've kept my inkwall for Violet, but the Splattershot was fun. =D

ViviOggi

The fuck is it with this game lately. I habe gone from an A- to a B- over night. I'm averaging a win every 10 games at the moment, they say you cant win em all but I am doing a damn good job of losing them thats for sure.

In a one on one fight, the best result I can hope for is to kill an opponent as I die. At best, its just continual death at the moment. Cant find a weapon I like either, I really want something with a high fire rate and decent range, but that doesn't exist and you just get fucking wailed on by blasters and dont even get me started on the rollers, they are miles over powered with their range.

I havent honestly been raging at a game so badly for fucking years.

I really wish I could see a killcam oh how I died, because I would love to know what happen on my screen vs what my opponent saw because I suspect they are two very different scenarios what with me exploding behind fucking walls, firing at them from behind and they still have time to turn around and kill me etc.
Don't play on tilt

KooopaKid

Banned
Is there a stat list somewhere of the abilities when you stack them?
Is the same ability on 2 main slots worth it? Or on 1 main and on 1 secondary?

RedFyn

Two losses in a row on warehouse :/ time for bed. Finished 11-4 there, but only 3.5 flags at the end. My 1-4 with a com error ensured that.

Honestly I don't normally care that you're lagging. Most of the times you killed me I was somewhere I shouldn't have been. Your connection was better earlier though.

Rize_21

well played all :), Red you're really good at ambushing, I envy your patience, even if you got an unlucky kill on me that pushed you in the water on bluefin depot :p.
Should stick much more with the rollers/ dynamo, there's a lot of small things easily forgettable when you roll with this specific type of weapons that don't exist when you play with guns, urgh.

RedFyn

well played all :), Red you're really good at ambushing, I envy your patience, even if you got an unlucky kill on me that pushed you in the water on bluefin depot :p.
Should stick much more with the rollers/ dynamo, there's a lot of small things easily forgettable when you roll with this specific type of weapons that don't exist when you play with guns, urgh.
I deserved that for my horrible aim. I missed you 2 or 3 times before I got the kill.

Violet_0

Banned
Honestly I don't normally care that you're lagging. Most of the times you killed me I was somewhere I shouldn't have been. Your connection was better earlier though.

yeah, the thing is I find the advantage you get from lag negligible (and it seems more like a major disadvantage to me) , but obviously for the player on the other side it can be very annoying

I've had my best games when there's relatively little lag

RedFyn

yeah, the thing is I find the advantage you get from lag negligible (and it seems more like a major disadvantage to me) , but obviously for the player on the other side it can be very annoying

I've had my best games when there's relatively little lag
I think that plays into what I mean though. Most of my lag deaths probably would've still happened, they just look bs on my screen. The biggest issue is that I rely on seeing your laser and when you're lagging I can't use it.

Violet_0

Banned
I think that plays into what I mean though. Most of my lag deaths probably would've still happened, they just look bs on my screen. The biggest issue is that I rely on seeing your laser and when you're lagging I can't use it.

oh right I agree with you the laser thing is probably the biggest issues here. Around-the-corner kills are whatever, they unfortunately happen sometimes but I can see how long it takes for the splat symbol to appear so I usually have pretty good idea if there was a kill delay - if they occur frequently I just quit the game. I experienced the most lag with Tingly and robot in those game, you Blue and Doc were fine most of the time

oh right I agree with you the laser thing is probably the biggest issues here. Around-the-corner kills are whatever, they unfortunately happen sometimes but I can see how long it takes for the splat symbol to appear so I usually have pretty good idea if there was a kill delay - if they occur frequently I just quit the game. I experienced the most lag with Tingly and robot in those game, you Blue and Doc were fine most of the time

Other than some odd moments, there was an ok connection most of the time. Like Red was saying, it's the laser that tricks me a lot. On the positive side, it's making me make more predictions about when you'll snipe me. That's what made using the Inkwall vs you fun. I had to predict when and where you would shoot, so either I get my wall up safely, or I go splat.

Drop to B rank. Suddenly I don't know how to play splatoon. :(

Moray tower is called a parking space in JP version, after this and camp, I wonder if we'll see a direct in July

Violet_0

Banned
Other than some odd moments, there was an ok connection most of the time. Like Red was saying, it's the laser that tricks me a lot. On the positive side, it's making me make more predictions about when you'll snipe me. That's what made using the Inkwall vs you fun. I had to predict when and where you would shoot, so either I get my wall up safely, or I go splat.

the ink wall combined with the squelcher range makes it a really effective weapon for hunting down snipers. If you had the inkzooka instead of the ink strike I'd be so done for
man, I do hate the ink wall

Heng

I don't mind getting killed behind the wall because you would probably have gotten me if you weren't lagging, but the kraken kills bothers me. Usually those are free kills for me but I spontaneously explode when you're barely even close to me. Still it's always fun playing with you.

Yo Incite, I was trying to tell you that you had a strange sound issue.

I don't mind getting killed behind the wall because you would probably have gotten me if you weren't lagging, but the kraken kills bothers me. Usually those are free kills for me but I spontaneously explode when you're barely even close to me. Still it's always fun playing with you.

Yeah, Violet is actually a really good sniper. We're still moving on Violet's screen, which means those kills aren't free. =D

this morning I signed in with one of my alt NNIDs

It still feels good to get kills at level 1
https://youtu.be/QIfRGTwjCN4

it makes me wonder if levels matter at all, I really need to get my skills up so grinding 20 levels again won't hurt

For the August update I hope they raise the level cap to 40 or something
I just like seeing things level up even if it does little still FEEL GOOD

DaBoss

Grats to everyone reaching to A- heavens.
No, it's hell.
The dynamo plays so much differently from the roller that I can't group it with the others. It would be like complaining that the splatter shots aren't accurate enough and only be talking about the Jr. Or that the Squelchers have too slow of a fire rate and only be talking about the blue one.
Haha, yea, good point.

Geg

this morning I signed in with one of my alt NNIDs

It still feels good to get kills at level 1
https://youtu.be/QIfRGTwjCN4

it makes me wonder if levels matter at all, I really need to get my skills up so grinding 20 levels again won't hurt

For the August update I hope they raise the level cap to 40 or something
I just like seeing things level up even if it does little still FEEL GOOD

Wow it really starts you out with players that high as a level 1?

OryoN

WTF cablevision! Been having a connection issue since 2:00 am this morning. The moment I got beamed back to the plaza for map-rotation/breaking news, it just skipped that part. I thought Nintendo must have been up to something(with new map pending and all), and figured; "oh well, at least I didn't have to sit through the calamari report, and can immediately jump back to some more splat zones!"

Well, that clearly didn't work out. I'm currently using my neighbor's wifi signal to post this message(my own router died a while back). I normally connect via usb-ethernet adapter, and did all the usual troubleshooting steps to no avail. Gonna have to contact cablevision. Tempted to use this current signal, but it gets a little laggy/disconnects sometimes.

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01hwpta.jpg

Got a new ink saver main hat with two defense up subs

WTF cablevision! Been having a connection issue since 2:00 am this morning. The moment I got beamed back to the plaza for map-rotation/breaking news, it just skipped that part. I thought Nintendo must have been up to something(with new map pending and all), and figured; "oh well, at least I didn't have to sit through the calamari report, and can immediately jump back to some more splat zones!"

Well, that clearly didn't work out. I'm currently using my neighbor's wifi signal to post this message(my own router died a while back). I normally connect via usb-ethernet adapter, and did all the usual troubleshooting steps to no avail. Gonna have to contact cablevision. Tempted to use this current signal, but it gets a little laggy/disconnects sometimes.

I forgot my WiFi IPS uses Cablevision's lines that explained why I disconnect a few times this morning

I think the funniest thing I've seen happen in Splatoon so far is an opponent hiding behind a quarter-pipe in the bottom half of Bluefin and trying to swim out, then realizing the ground there is unpaintable and going back behind the quarter-pipe. This squid just kind of pathetically inched out and then inched back in slow motion. :p

Top Bottom