• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
I just had a string of DC's and teammate DC's that help shove me back from high A to low A-. The bubbler dream is dead, I can't come back from this.

Edit: to clarify, 6 DCs mixed in with a strong batch of me sucking (mostly from frustration).

Dr Prob

Banned
Dat's 'cuz you don't. :D

:D

yRWtrpS.gif

j/k Azure. I like your vim!

javac

I was on the superior team, which lost because the majority of Splatoon players have bad taste and joined the inferior team, and still got 10 snails for making Champion.

I guess I never got any then, because I participated on Team Pop (who lost) and I think I got up to the Super Girl ranking. I guess I'll have to wait for another Splatfest because no way am I giving Spyke 30k :p

SM239

Swapping gear brb. Almost out of 4 slot everything these shoes are the last thing before I need to start dropping cash. =\

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
I'm not going to go into the numbers, but I don't disagree that it's unbalanced. People are acting like the less popular team has zero chance though, which is bullshit. I'm expecting like...20-30% of Splatfests to result in the less popular team winning. Something low but not ridiculously low. Wins still matter, and popularity still should matter, though maybe not quite to the extent it currently does.

As for the "it's a game" comment, you missed the point. I'm saying it's just a game because you're supposed to have fun. Splatfest is more fun when you pick the side you actually prefer instead of worrying about the extremely minor advantage you gain from winning.

I'm glad you agree that its not balanced. I just crunched the numbers in that post though... if the votes continue to be so one-sided there IS nearly zero chance to win on the smaller side. For me, that wouldn't be fun. Whether I'm on the popular side or unpopular side I would want a fair fight. Its fine if you play to "just have fun" and support your favorite side. I just wanted to point out that the deck is stacked, there are definitely some people who won't acknowledge it.

I am under the impression that the more popular team winning overall is what Nintendo intends. Awarding points for winning matches is to add some variance and tension to the results.

That could be the case given the current ruleset. I like to think they didn't expect the votes to be so lopsided. With a 50/50 vote it would be decided by wins.

If the devs want popularity to matter I think it would be fine if they separated the categories. There could be two winners of Splatfest. A winner of popularity and a winner of matches. Each category gives a separate snail bonus. And you also get your title reward too.

You should have gotten it when you saw the news. You might have missed out on it since you waited too long.

Guess that´s it. Awesome Nintendo. Awesome.

So if you just get your news online and don´t log in immidiately after splatfest you basically wasted your time. Why even bother with the next.

Top Bottom