• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

Robotguy

This is a running thing I have to fix somehow in MultiplayerGAF. No one knows me because I was a good Viper/Dante/Strider in MarvelGAF, do good in KartGAF, have best Marf in SmashGAF or want to get gud at everything. Nope.

Everyone knows me because I get passionate about loss. :lol

And then there's that part of GAF that only knows me as the weird Takamaru dude.
No items, final destination, Marf only.

Crayolan

I'm not going to go into the numbers, but I don't disagree that it's unbalanced. People are acting like the less popular team has zero chance though, which is bullshit. I'm expecting like...20-30% of Splatfests to result in the less popular team winning. Something low but not ridiculously low. Wins still matter, and popularity still should matter, though maybe not quite to the extent it currently does.

As for the "it's a game" comment, you missed the point. I'm saying it's just a game because you're supposed to have fun. Splatfest is more fun when you pick the side you actually prefer instead of worrying about the extremely minor advantage you gain from winning.

Hey I have a question

Why is Splat Zones still in this game? Why does someone think anyone likes this boring, lazy mode?

I don't know, why does King of the Hill exist in any shooter?

Ban skatepark from every mode

There shouldn't be that many ridges in one map

Outing yourself as a scrub, skatepark is godlike.

friend of a Gaffer, perhaps
I got a friend invite from "jonathan" but I don't know if he's a Gaffer, does anyone know?

Isn't jonathan the name of the amiibo scalper which was harassing gaffers a while back? Not that it's necessarily the same guy, but maybe...

Geg

Will you cats just let this go? They show the formula on the final results screen. If cats had won more than just a handful more matches relative to their size and ratio, they would've won. They didn't so they didn't.

Why did you interpret that as team cat complaining? It doesn't seem impossible

Though no, the difference between 51% and 57% in this case isn't a handful

Zero²

Guess I can only get win streaks with the brush on ranked, wonder if that mean something...
Finally got to B, had some nice games but still prefer turf more, hence why I almost didn't play ranked until now :p

tkscz

So I'm learning that letting children play your profile will cause you to constantly play with level 1 teams.

So I let me roommate's nephew play because I didn't think the game had an actual match making system. Of course he couldn't get a score higher than 100 during play and usually lost because he would spray one spot and never leave it. Now the game keeps putting me against level 1 - 8 people. Good to know there is a match making system though.

ViviOggi

So I'm learning that letting children play your profile will cause you to constantly play with level 1 teams.

So I let me roommate's nephew play because I didn't think the game had an actual match making system. Of course he couldn't get a score higher than 100 during play and usually lost because he would spray one spot and never leave it. Now the game keeps putting me against level 1 - 8 people. Good to know there is a match making system though.
Oh so that's the primordial soup where all the Westerners are

Ozium

holy fucking shit dude this is amazing are you a wizard? this is like.. omg so beautiful... the splatoon tumblr account should acknowledge this because it is so fucking HYPE...

wait.. you hacked the game didn't you?

WALKMAN04

I haven't played splatoon in a few days and have been unable to post in the thread because I've been to busy, hopefully I'll get to play tonight when the new map is released. How were the new weapon/loadout guys didn't get a chance to try it yet.

Azure J

OK guys, tonight I want to experiment again and I'm thinking Luna Blaster will be my subject. What perk layouts should I try building with for both? For reference, here is my wall of style. I'd like to add a build or two in for the Luna specifically.

Eyy I just found the same item from a guy named Aidan! Ordered that sheit. Quick question though... I have something else ordered before it that I still wouldn't mind getting, but I want to get the contacts first. Is there any way I can switch the order of my orders?

ViviOggi

Eyy I just found the same item from a guy named Aidan! Ordered that sheit. Quick question though... I have something else ordered before it that I still wouldn't mind getting, but I want to get the contacts first. Is there any way I can switch the order of my orders?
Don't think so, you'd only get the contacts earlier if you cancelled the first order.

Heng

OK guys, tonight I want to experiment again and I'm thinking Luna Blaster will be my subject. What perk layouts should I try building with for both? For reference, here is my wall of style. I'd like to add a build or two in for the Luna specifically.
I agree with splat, but if you're set on using the lunar blaster on the tower map I would suggest the tenacity helmet with those red ink resistance shoes and any of the ninja squid (doesn't matter which imo the perks on them aren't so great). If you have enough for rerolls, try to get a few swim speed or faster special duration up. You could go with Damage Up but I would suggest you practice landing the 1 hit KOs.

Azure J

SM239, we read each other's mind in Saltspray lol We dominate on the same team.

I love having GAF members on the same team. It leads to some really awesome shit. I'll never forget SM239 and I (with Splatterscope) raiding the entire right hand side of Bluefin making our way into the enemy base in the first 30 or so seconds of the fight. I got some clutch ass Kos saving him and he would return the favor seconds later.

It was like an Inkling buddy cop movie. :lol

Junahu

So, there's something about the charger that I've been meaning to complain about for a while now; If your reticule is aimed at 'ground', your shot will ONLY paint the ground, even if there is a wall between you and your target. This situation crops up far more often than it should, especially when trying to cut corners, or shoot wall routes from a high position.

The way your charger ink trails are calculated is infuriating sometimes.

Gonna try a different weapon. So if you see [Gaf]Clark performing worse than usual tonight, that's my excuse.

Jintor

There's a splats/dissolved/points ratio in play

DaBoss

This is a running thing I have to fix somehow in MultiplayerGAF. No one knows me because I was a good Viper/Dante/Strider in MarvelGAF, do good in KartGAF, have best Marf in SmashGAF or want to get gud at everything. Nope.

Everyone knows me because I get passionate about loss. :lol

And then there's that part of GAF that only knows me as the weird Takamaru dude.
You'll always be special to me.
As the guy who I can beat easily in every Nintendo online multiplayer game.

Remember those 5 consecutive 2-stocks while I was playing as Lucina? Good times.

Damage Up. Anything else is up to you.

Azure J

You'll always be special to me.
As the guy who I can beat easily in every Nintendo online multiplayer game.

Remember those 5 consecutive 2-stocks while I was playing as Lucina? Good times.

Damage Up. Anything else is up to you.

Figured as much with the Damage Ups.

Lucina's still a shit tho

dinazimmerman

Incurious Bastard
I was playing in the same room as you atr0cious but I had to leave. We did well on the same team in arowana mall once. My nnid is aclors my mii name is Ceft (I main a Splatterscope).

I'm not really used to Turf War though. I've been doing almost only ranked battles. Chargers aren't that useful in turf wars...

Robotguy

I was playing in the same room as you atr0cious but I had to leave. We did well on the same team in arowana mall once. My nnid is ceft (I use a Splatterscope).

I'm not really used to Turf War though. I've been doing almost only ranked battles. Chargers aren't that useful in turf wars...
I feel like most of the matches where I get shut down completely are the ones where I'm playing against good chargers though.

dinazimmerman

Incurious Bastard
I feel like most of the matches where I get shut down completely are the ones where I'm playing against good chargers though.

Yeah, maybe I just need to readjust to turf wars. I hadn't done a turf war since splatfest.

I think e-liters are better at shutting down the opposing team because they aren't easily reached (I use a Splatterscope). That happened to me in saltspray rig in a ranked battle. There was one e-liter near their base sniping people near the elevators and another e-liter near the upper center area sniping people in the middle center area. They covered the whole map. It was madness.

Top Bottom