• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

ryechu

The stage art for moray towers is seriously hampering my enjoyment of this map. Its bad. They couldnt have created a background a landmark to focus in on?

ryechu

Popping in since I just got a WiiU, and Splatoon has the honour of being my first purchase (what pushed me really, lol). and... fuck, this game is fun. Like the most pure fun I've had in a long time. Meant to just try one online match to test my connection and blew through two hours and barely even realized it. It blows my mind how rewarding this game makes movement feel. I can't get over it. So good.

NNID is Nyxistence, and my nickname is (of course) Moonlight, and I'd be happy to be added. As fun as this game is, going random is a crapshoot for more than one reason, so it'd be nice to have a group.

Pikmin 3 and DKTF are better games than the more popular MK8, SM3DW, Smash etc. Make sure you play them.

Who is lagging like that? Is it me???

Yeah it's not great for close quarters shootouts. It's mostly a support weapon, you just gotta hope your teammates are good at breaking into enemy territory so you can get in there and start picking people off from a distance

I'm actually having much better results up close surprisingly :/

Crayolan

Literally sat on top of the spawn point for a minute and a half and we were like 1% away from winning. Talk about overextending.

Yeah that was my problem with trying to make my way up the enemy's side, it's extremely easy to get ambushed

You gotta mix up your movement. There's ton of shit to interact with on this map, so it's easy to disorient people if you keep moving. Plus people will chase you for unnecessarily long periods of time, and any time they spend chasing you is time spent not inking or pushing into your team's territory.

Azure J

But I only splatted you... once?

It still hurt my soul dammit.
tbYQems.png

atr0cious

Done for the night. Need better weapons on the brush, to better approach opponents, but the towers are great for the brush. It's so big, you can make your way around people.

Ozium

fucking hate HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE splat zones on Moray Towers... if the other team gets even 1 point all they have to do is fall back and camp the middle from their ledges above and it's game over.

Also fucking hell I played a match on the other map in ranked and it was me and 3 japanese ppl on a team, one guy was on the other side of the map most of the match.. I got so mad I jumped to him and just spammed c'mon repeatedly... and then I found out he was charging his KRAKEN... wtf? we still won despite that but I had to take a break before I had an aneurysm

SM239

Just gotta say. My favorite thing to do on the new map is to cut off enemies ink paths on the walls over pits while they are going up it. Then just let them sit there and make the choice to let go.

Ozium

Just gotta say. My favorite thing to do on the new map is to cut off enemies ink paths on the walls over pits while they are going up it. Then just let them sit there and make the choice to let go.

How do you do this when you have 2 chargers, an e-liter and a dual squelcher camped above watching the middle?

You can't go up the ramp, you will die.
You can't go up the wall, you will die.

(referring to Splat Zones)

SM239

How do you do this when you have 2 chargers, an e-liter and a dual squelcher camped above watching the middle?

You can't go up the ramp, you will die.
You can't go up the wall, you will die.

(referring to Splat Zones)

That's nice and all but I'm talking turf wars. There's no time to do that in zones.

Azure J

You haven't lived until you've completely cut off said path with ink, watch them struggle in the "stuck in enemy ink" animation then plummet to their death. :lol

When they have no option in the matter, the hilarity is doubled.

Moonlight

Banned
Another two hours of Splatoon and yup, game's still amazing. Made a lot of progress (I hope) in terms of figuring out how to move around maps and get the drop on people, but still feels like I've got a long way to go. Moray Towers is a total playground for this stuff, though. Going from building to building and cutting people off is the best. I'm a little hesitant to change my gear because honestly, I'm pretty comfortable with the vanilla set-up, but I'm gonna give the Aerospray a shot once I get it, if only because I've seen some Japanese dudes do work with it.

Also added y'all who added me, and I'll send out a volley of my own invites as well!

Damn that sucks. I got it like 5 times in a row at one point.

tumblr_nrawg28vG51uva98io1_1280.jpg

oh and I found this on tumblr lol
Marie is top tier, sorry Callie.

Totakeke

rofl, aiming downwards at the tower is giving me some vertigo.

Also don't stand on the ledge when someone is superjumping to you. :/

Zero²

Done for the night. Need better weapons on the brush, to better approach opponents, but the towers are great for the brush. It's so big, you can make your way around people.
Yeah I played randoms a bit and could figure out a lot more ways to go through the map. Really wish we had a brush with ink ballons or something though.

Ansatz

So Moray Towers eh! Taking camping to a whole other level. Really this map is super intense because there are so many things to keep in mind, so many angles you can die from. It's a great ninja map though, I love walking up to snipers sitting at the very top and give them a nice warm hug!

Also don't stand on the ledge when someone is superjumping to you. :/

I know that feel

Totakeke

Playing high ranks do actually give you gear rewards. Plenty of the high rank guys have very specialized gear. 3x same subs is not that uncommon, and as mentioned earlier, sometimes you even see 4x of the same ability. So Spyke finally gave me one full match on my alt, but it's not really something I needed...

Poc2PZH.jpg

...if only Spyke wasn't such an unreliable dude

Nico_D

Fucking Moray Towers. I fell off the ledge like 20 times.

I hate it. Granted, I've hated all the maps when I've been playing them for the first couple of time. But it's not just me, it's new to others too and it shows.

Ozium

Fucking Moray Towers. I fell off the ledge like 20 times.

I hate it. Granted, I've hated all the maps when I've been playing them for the first couple of time. But it's not just me, it's new to others too and it shows.

I squid jumped to someone when they were jumping between ledges..

Squid jump to my death..

:(

Geg

Just played a game on moray towers with me as a dual squelcher alongside three e-liters. I was the only one who ever went into enemy territory while the other three camped the middle. It didn't end well for us.

Top Bottom