• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

Moonlight

Banned
I'm struggling to understand the appeal of Inkbrushes. I haven't used one personally but they seem kinda... not good. Poor coverage and doesn't even seem to be very strong to compensate.

I did a 4 hour stream can't believe people still watched while the WiFi was crap lol

had fun though Splatoon is best when shared

cannot wait for the August update

Heng

I'm struggling to understand the appeal of Inkbrushes. I haven't used one personally but they seem kinda... not good. Poor coverage and doesn't even seem to be very strong to compensate.
It's great at covering but it's not easy to land kills with it. It takes too much patience and skill to use effectively, imo you're better off learning another weapon.

Crayolan

Moray Towers Tower Control is interesting. I like how for the majority of the route the tower is above a pit, but the map being so goddamn big makes it really difficult to defend. Also, blasters don't feel anywhere near as ridiculous, probably because of the verticality of the map, so that's a plus. Need to play more before I can make a decision on this map.

Nah, the brush has great coverage. The roller-esque running around is negligible, but the melee attack puts a lot of ink down and is very thorough. Primarily, it's used as a ninja tool. Great for stealth kills while also pretty good at escaping thanks to its speed. It just sucks at head-on confrontation.

Robotguy

Moray Towers Tower Control is interesting. I like how for the majority of the route the tower is above a pit, but the map being so goddamn big makes it really difficult to defend. Also, blasters don't feel anywhere near as ridiculous, probably because of the verticality of the map, so that's a plus. Need to play more before I can make a decision on this map.

Nah, the brush has great coverage. The roller-esque running around is negligible, but the melee attack puts a lot of ink down and is very thorough. Primarily, it's used as a ninja tool. Great for stealth kills while also pretty good at escaping thanks to its speed. It just sucks at head-on confrontation.
I really like the map for tower control so far.

Ozium

trying to connect to Moonlight's game and it errors out saying the room is full... uhh...

wat.. I am willing to play squid jump while I wait but it won't let me lol what is the point of the minigames then

Nah, that's easy. I'm talkin about landing enough shots with a splattershot pro just as the wall of ink starts to come down ;)

easy but always hilarious

I think Timeaisis and RagnarokX deleted me :(

RagnarokX

It's great at covering but it's not easy to land kills with it. It takes too much patience and skill to use effectively, imo you're better off learning another weapon.

You know what's funny. Using a splatbomb as a decoy when inkbrushers and rollers try to ambush. Watching them jump out of their hiding spot and belly flop onto the bomb is just priceless.

Azure J

Nah, that's easy. I'm talkin about landing enough shots with a splattershot pro just as the wall of ink starts to come down ;)

Call me when you've bowled a splat bomb into the splash wall from behind it's landing position and killed him as he backed into it. :lol

RagnarokX

I TAKE BACK ANYTHING BAD I'VE SAID ABOUT THE INKBRUSH

If you see an inkbrush user on the other team make sure to keep a safe distance from enemy ink. They rely heavily on ambush killing and have shit range. Make sure to be a little more diligent in your inking of enemy ink as they might be camping in places you miss. If you get ambushed, squid backwards as fast as you can out of range and fire until they die. Bombs are good for zoning them.

Ozium

I was laughing so hard at AzureJ splattin everywhere with his brush that all I could do was jump around lol the inkbrush animation is just hilarious

he was just spamming it and going nuts it was great

Top Bottom